Paul Clawsons Consolidated PB-2A update bv UncleTgt!

Thread: Paul Clawsons Consolidated PB-2A update bv UncleTgt!

Icon14 Paul Clawsons Consolidated PB-2A update bv UncleTgt!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: Consolidated PB-2A for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is an update of the CFS2/FS2002 P-30 by Paul Clawson.

The pack includes new air & dp files, plus WIN 7 safe panels. It is uploaded as a complete aircraft for ease of installation.

The texture included is an impression of a PB-2A used by Lt. Hube Zemke of the 8th Fighter Group during 1938.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Paul Clawson for all of the FS2004 aircraft he made over the years, especially those 1930's US aircraft.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

FEB 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Paul Clawsons Consolidated PB-2A UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Reply...

UncleTgt,

This is a fantastic update, thank you for all of your hard work!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Love the "30's" A/C, thank you UncleTgt.

msfossey

Rami & msfossey

Thanks for the kind comments.

This was one of Paul Clawson's earlier aircraft, so you might get some funky "disappearing pilot" issues with Wolfi's pilot. It's because of multiple transparent materials in play. I made the mdl crew materials transparent & alpha'd out the face textures so I could use the better, newer pilot & gunner figures. The impact may depend upon your hardware, so results will vary.

Thanks for this and for the 'Cuda. The designers of the 1930's were certainly feeling their way along trying to define what roles military aircraft should perform, weren't they?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Rami & msfossey

Thanks for the kind comments.

This was one of Paul Clawson's earlier aircraft, so you might get some funky "disappearing pilot" issues with Wolfi's pilot. It's because of multiple transparent materials in play. I made the mdl crew materials transparent & alpha'd out the face textures so I could use the better, newer pilot & gunner figures. The impact may depend upon your hardware, so results will vary.
    Hi UncleTgt,
    After reading this comment I had to DL the P-30 and check it out. I removed the Pilot and Rear Gunner, modified the Material for the glass, and added a crude VC Panel.

Please accept this small gift. Could use some TLC though.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi UncleTgt,
    After reading this comment I had to DL the P-30 and check it out. I removed the Pilot and Rear Gunner, modified the Material for the glass, and added a crude VC Panel.

Please accept this small gift. Could use some TLC though.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Wow, thanks for the assist! I will make sure it goes into an updated upload...

Upload has been updated. For those that don't want to download the whole thing again, just use TheB24guy zip in thread above and change the 2 transparency bitmap formats from DXT3 to 555-1 using DXTbmp. All credit to theB24guy for the model fix & vc panel.

Hi UncleTGT
    Nice work with these.
    Great subject matter.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Members who have read this thread: 0