RFN_CarrierGauge available in 64Bits for P3DV4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RFN_CarrierGauge available in 64Bits for P3DV4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mpni View Post
    All seems OK too
    "...But what is odd is that no LSO sounds are present on any aircraft - except for the Dino TA-4J Skyhawk..."
    Could you confirm that the sounds you heard are sounds which they are in
    \Gauges\RFN_Sounds?
    Yes - they're definitely the RFN Sounds. I played al the wav files, and they're the exact ones I hear when either the TA-4J or F/A-18 RFN gauge is locked to a carrier or FCLP.

dl

As Dave says, do you use vLSO?
    If you use vLSO is vLSO ON in the RFN carrier gauge when you heard the sounds?

Blog Entries
    Hi Dave and Michel,

Yeah, I wondered about vLSO also.

For the purpose of isolating the problem, I deleted all vLSO apps and any references thereto from my hard drive early on in this whole process. It's been gone for a week now.

dl

So, can you have a look at your options/Sound/Primary playback device, Voice playback and Voice capture device.
    Try with another system sound in the lists.

Blog Entries
    So, can you have a look at your options/Sound/Primary playback device, Voice playback and Voice capture device.
    Try with another system sound in the lists.
    Thanks. Sounds all work fine, and that includes the RFN F-8 click sounds that was asked a few posts back.

I reinstalled again, deactivating my antivirus. I also changed the nav 1 and 2 radio reference on all the intended planes to be 1,0,0. Some where 1,1,0. Now the sounds work on the first plane I load; but if I switch planes to any other tactical naval jet other than the FSXBA Hornet or the Dino Skyhawk, then the sounds usually doesn’t work. Around 75% of the time. If I then load up either the F-18 or A-4, then they usually work, again around 75% of the time. Very odd.

I should add that I also am missing the FLOLS trailers always, whether LSO sounds are present or not. In some cases, usually when the sounds are working, I see the 2x LSOs. But around 50% of the time they’re not visible, sound or no sound.

Again, strange behaviours but at least the lights work on all FCLP sites and carriers that I’ve tried, so that’s good.

Cheers,

Daniel Lopez

Hi DL
    Better not deactivate the antivirus bat make a specific rule for ignoring P3D folder.

Blog Entries
    Hi DL
    Better not deactivate the antivirus bat make a specific rule for ignoring P3D folder.
    Yeah, the antivirus was deactivated just for installation, which I believe the manual suggests to try. Another issue I noticed is I can't get the NG version of the gauge to tune/change freqs, only the classic version.

I think this isn't going to get sorted, to be honest. It sounds like no one else has these issues, and since it's intermittent, I can only assume it's something system-related. I grant that running W7 still may not be doing me many favours, for what it's worth.

At the moment, the lights work perfectly, and at least half the time, I get the LSO calls too, and I can tune with the classic gauge, and the "move to" function works fine, under the classic gauge. The remaining issues being the NG gauge being inoperable and the FLOL trailers being invisible are pretty minor, in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks for trying, and if/when I upgrade to W10, perhaps things will be smoother.

cheers,

dl

Have a look at the section 4-4

4-4) Malfunction and interference
    Some cases of malfunction have been reported (retreat of the airplane before catapulting, no acceleration during catapulting, erratic LSO announces, displacement under the deck with the "Go To" function, …). Although the gauge can coexist with any software, FSinn, Addon Manager, Couatl, SODE, RAAS, ... seem to interfer sometimes. By disabling or uninstalling them, the functioning should return to normal. SODE seems to not interfer on P3Dv3.
    If necessary, SODEPlatformManager.exe temporarily disables SODE.
    Note that some of this software can be installed automatically when installing aircraft or scenery.

The double arrow of the NG box may, in some cases, not work.
    First, choose an airplane with an "Avionic Master" button and set it to "ON". Then change the plane and take the one equipped with the RFN gauge then perform a test of the frequency toggle button.
    It is also possible that this situation results from the default flight that can be corrected in the configuration file. For FSX-Acc, FSX-SE open with notepad ++ the default flight .flt file found in \ Documents \ Flight Simulator X Files and search for the [Avionics.0] section.
    If the value of AvionicsSwitch = False put it on AvionicsSwitch = True.
    For P3D the .fxml file of the recorded flight is in \ Documents \ Prepar3D vx Files.
    Make a Backup of original files.

No function with TACAN buttons
    Standby frequency must be non-operative. In the [Radios] section of aircraft.cfg file, turn to 0 the second parameter of Nav2 (or Nav1 if used). Example: Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0

No function with Nav2 or Nav1
    In the section [Radios] of aircraft.cfg file, Nav2 or Nav1 must be active with value 1 in the first parameter:
    [Radios]
    Nav.1 =1, 0, 0
    Nav.2 =1, 0, 0
    In case of absence of the section [Radios] you need to add it in the aircraft.cfg file.

Blog Entries
    Hi Michel,

Yes, nav radios 1 and 2 are both 1,0,0. I used to have SODE, but for sake of problem-solving, I removed it. I did the master_switch=true setting change and I can now get it to work almost fully reliably, but only on classic gauge, and not on NG. And still no FLOLS trailers or LSOs on the side.

All in all, not bad ... I could live with it.

Thanks,

dl

Hi dl
    The classic gauge doesn't use the stand by frequency. So if this section is incomplete, it will be interesting for us to know what happens.

First, choose an airplane with an "Avionic Master" button and set it to "ON". Then change the plane and take the one equipped with the RFN gauge then perform a test of the frequency toggle button.
    It is also possible that this situation results from the default flight that can be corrected in the configuration file. For FSX-Acc, FSX-SE open with notepad ++ the default flight .flt file found in \ Documents \ Flight Simulator X Files and search for the [Avionics.0] section.
    For P3D the .fxml file of the recorded flight is in \ Documents \ Prepar3D vx Files.

... And still no FLOLS trailers or LSOs on the side...
    What I have to understand? No signal or no FLOLS trailers?
    FLOLS trailers are in the RFN FCLP scenery and the signal is called with RFN_Carrier.xml and
    VEH_FLOLS_Trailer which is in \SimObjects\Boats
    Have a look in the content error.

Blog Entries
    Hi dl
    The classic gauge doesn't use the stand by frequency. So if this section is incomplete, it will be interesting for us to know what happens.

... And still no FLOLS trailers or LSOs on the side...
    What I have to understand? No signal or no FLOLS trailers?
    FLOLS trailers are in the RFN FCLP scenery and the signal is called with RFN_Carrier.xml and
    VEH_FLOLS_Trailer which is in \SimObjects\Boats
    Have a look in the content error.

I’ve confirmed default flight in default AC114 has avionicsswitch = true.

I have FLOL lights working fine. Just no trailers or LSO visible ever.

Thanks Michel,

DL

Hi dl
    Can you test this v5 RFN-FCLP scenery (WIP)?
    Let me know your feedback.
    Regards
    Michel
    http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....P/RFN-FCLP.zip
    You will also find a gauge working fine on all default TACAN in P3Dv5.

Blog Entries
    Hi dl
    Can you test this v5 RFN-FCLP scenery (WIP)?
    Let me know your feedback.
    Regards
    Michel
    http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....P/RFN-FCLP.zip
    You will also find a gauge working fine on all default TACAN in P3Dv5.

Hi Michel,

The good news is the attached pack cured the trailers problem - now I've got FLOLS trailers (except as noted below) but now unfortunately the intermittent LSO voice issue has come back. I'm going to take a deeper look tonight at how I merged the new gauge folders.

The exceptions were with airfields where there was an MAIW scenery - eg: NAS Miramar. The lights appear, but not the trailers. So I think the MAIW Matrix structure (which forces itself to the top of all the scenery layers) doesn't interop with the RFN FLOL trailer bgls. At least the lights work, so that's not an issue. But on fields like Meridian, and Kingsville, both lights and trailers work fine.

So if you're running MAIW Matrix with all their scenery, your choice is either a) disable any specific MAIW airfields you want to have trailers on, and instead substitute those suggested by RFN, or have the nice MAIW airfields but no trailers, just the lights.

I'll play around some more, but that seems to be the tradeoff. I'll see if I can get to he bottom of the sounds issue again.

dl

Hi DL
    Normally, if the RFN FCLp is number one in the priority, there is nothing to make with all specific sceneries.
    Is RFN FCLP priority one?
    Try this for testing.

Blog Entries
    Hi DL
    Normally, if the RFN FCLp is number one in the priority, there is nothing to make with all specific sceneries.
    Is RFN FCLP priority one?
    Try this for testing.

Hi Michel,

As I mentioned, no; the highest I can make the RFN scenery is AFTER all the MAIW layers, and I can't modify that that - I'd have to uninstall all the MAIW Matrix setup. Those MAIW layers are "greyed out" in the scenery priority list - can't be moved. So the highest is about 5 or so from the top. So I feel confident guessing there's a conflict - both the MAIW and RFN FLOLS "scenery" need to be on top, and that means on MAIW naval fields, the FLOLS trailers won't show up.

Not RFN's fault, of course, just a classic "interoperability" problem that I don't think can be solved by a lowly user like me.

To be honest, I can live with not having the trailers on the MAIW fields - the bigger issue is for me is why the LSO calls don't happen consistently - and I think I'm fuzzy on what I should have installed on this new gauge contents vs what used to be on the v5 on the gauge. I'll keep looking.

thx,

Daniel

I understand now.
    1) This is not a conflict. This is only priority scenery issue.
    Each scenery has his exclude file.
    So, if MAIW scenery is above RFN FCLP scenery, the exclude desabled all objects which are in the zone.
    It seems the MAIW install is made with an add-on.xml in \Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons?
    We are working to do the same. So the scenery package will can take the place you want.
    2) But the FLOLS can take place with the RFNcarriergauge for specific FCLP
    Have a look page 23 of the RFN_CarrierGauge.pdf
    You will find the FLOLS name to use for having FLOLS.
    Try with FLOLS_Name="VEH_FLOLS_Trailer_Orange" in the RFN_carrier.xml each FCLP you need do that.
    First, do a test on only one FCLP.
    Regards
    Michel

Members who have read this thread: 0