RFN_CarrierGauge available in 64Bits for P3DV4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RFN_CarrierGauge available in 64Bits for P3DV4

RFN_CarrierGauge available in 64Bits for P3DV4

Hi!
    We released a new V4.4 version of our RFN_CarrierGauge which is now compiled also in 64bits!
    You'll find on our RFN website a package dedicated to 64bit platform which allows you to use the RFN gauge on P3DV4.1 (and later).

As I had to do some modifications in my code, there are some changes in the way to install the dll and configure panel.cfg: please read the package's docs !

Regards,
    Sylvain

Nice news!

Thank you Sylvain.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Sylvain, merci beaucoup ! For a while I was quietly hoping you guys would create a 64bit version.

Henk.

Wonderful news - thanks Sylvain!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Awesome work. Glad to be able to use it in P3D again.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!! This makes me soooooo happy! Been waiting so long!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Thank you Sylvain.

I printed out the install instructions again. Maybe this time I can stay focused and actually get it to work! Never have been successful. The key is taking my time, eh? NC

Has everyone else got this working OK? I'm having trouble. I'm looking in the Views menu and can't find the gauge. Shift +N doesn't work. I can't figure out why it isn't showing up. I note there is mention of conflict with the likes of SODE and FSUIPC, but I'll installed the gauge into a brand new, fresh, virgin install of P3D v4.2... Any ideas?

Hmm, I will patiently wait until you are able to get this sorted out and running before I attempt installing and having the same problems, eh? NC

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Has everyone else got this working OK? I'm having trouble. I'm looking in the Views menu and can't find the gauge. Shift +N doesn't work. I can't figure out why it isn't showing up. I note there is mention of conflict with the likes of SODE and FSUIPC, but I'll installed the gauge into a brand new, fresh, virgin install of P3D v4.2... Any ideas?

Still no joy here. So far I've tried installing the gauge in the P3D4 Fouga Zephyr and the P3D4 JF Hawk T1, with no success. The gauge isn't listed in the View menu and Shift + N doesn't bring it up either.

I have the following installed:

• Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64
    • Microsoft.NET Framework
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client

So far I've yet to reinstall the following:

• FSUIPC
    • SODE
    • TacPack

I have double checked that RFN_CarrierGauge_64.dll, RFN_Resources & RFN_Sounds are all present and correct in the same folder.

Any hints or tips from anyone, to save my sanity?! I used this for years in FSX and 32-bit P3D with little or no issues. I haven't used it in a while, as I'm now entirely 64-bit v4... so it could be the grey matter is failing me when it comes to missing a crucial detail....!

OK, some progress...

I realised that in panel.cfg the Windows are numbered from 00. When using Shift+N I hadn't accounted for this. For instance, in the Hawk the RFN Gauge is added to the .cfg as Window 04 and I had been trying to use Shift+4 rather than Shift+5, which worked! In the Zephyr there are already Windows 00 to 09, so I added the gauge as 10. However, with keys only going up to 9 how does one call a window 10 or 11?! Forgive my ignorance!

In the Hawk the gauge appeared to be very big indeed. I set the scale to 0.25 in the end. However, whatever scale I used I could not alter the TACAN from Y to X... despite clicking all around it! No problems changing the numbers though! Because of this I've yet to actually try it with a carrier...

In the Zephyr there are already Windows 00 to 09, so I added the gauge as 10. However, with keys only going up to 9 how does one call a window 10 or 11?! Forgive my ignorance!
    If P3D follows FSX at all, then window.10 would be viewed by bringing up the top menu and going to view/instrument panel/all panels then click on the one you want.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    If P3D follows FSX at all, then window.10 would be viewed by bringing up the top menu and going to view/instrument panel/all panels then click on the one you want.
    Not there, unfortunately.

Pop up panels aren't in the views menu any more. They've been moved to the vehicle menu.

Copied/pasted the new gauge entries in the panel.cfg in a few naval birds and all worked fine right away. A few wrinkles were all self created, e.g., I had modded some of the sim.cfg entries in AI boats that wouldn't match the entries in the RFN_xml and had to conform frequencies in that xml to what I have listed in AI carriers, etc. But that's all normal stuff.

Spent some time with Simworks F-4B finding the Coral Sea and doing some traps and cats. Great fun. Only outstanding problem is that I had made about six working Carrier Tracks out in Yankee Station that worked fine earlier in FSX and initally in P3D4 but can't seem to find any of the different cv's now. This is unlikely a problem with the RFN gauge though as it finds all my AI Carrier ships but a problem with traffic files. Checked for a FS9 bgl lurking somewhere in the area but nothing found.

Thanks Sylvain - this is a huge addition to 64bit P3D!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Pop up panels aren't in the views menu any more. They've been moved to the vehicle menu.
    Thanks Dave! I was following the instructions to the letter, but I guess they need to be updated!

So now I have the RFN Gauge kinda working... working enough that I've now made 2 successful traps and one launch... but things still aren't quite right. I have to cheat by changing the ident in the panel.cfg entry so I could get the X frequency TACAN I needed for my carrier, which I can now tune into OK.

This means all the lights, LSO sounds etc. work. However, the LSO transmissions are VERY muted. I've turned up "voice" in my settings to 100%, but this doesn't fix it. Any ideas? Also, the range shown on the TACAN appears to be correct, but the bearing is waaaaaay off for me! Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks again

Andy

Persevering with the new RFN_gauge here, but still hitting a few issues (inexplicably I can now switch between X and Y channels!). If anyone can help with any of these I'd be extremely grateful!

1. The landing sight lights aren't visible until after "call the ball"... which defeats the object.
    2. The LSO comms are extremely quiet. If it wasn't for the read out on the green ribbon I'd have no idea what was being said
    3. I can tune to USS Eisenhower with Crowded Deck (CVN69_5), but the needle and range are inoperative. I'm using 40Y (110.35). I haven't tried other Javier Nimitz class incarnations yet though.
    4. I'm unsure how to add the gauge to the latest T-45 Gosawk (v2.83) as although there is a [Window06] it isn't called in [Window Titles] in panel.cfg. Also in panel.cfg there is no [Vcockpit01]. If anyone is willing to share their panel.cfg for v2.83 I'd be very grateful!
    5. Although I can start and tune the gauge before entering VR (so that the landing sight, LSO, catapult still work) does anyone know of a way of viewing the gauge itself in VR so the TACAN can still be used to view bearing and distance etc.?

Many thanks

Andy
    Last edited by spatialpro; March 5th, 2018 at 04:10.

Sooo, regarding the LSO volume... I tried using RFN's own Charles de Gaulle, which forces the French sound files to be used and they come through loud and clear! This made me try playing the same LSO calls direct from the WAVs (i.e. outside the sim) in French vs. American and sure enough the American ones are more subdued. I figure when these were recorded they quality of the mic used wasn't so hot. I'm considering recording my own, but they'll be in English rather than American!

The visibility of the landing lights issue may just come down to one carrier, HMS Victorious '60. When using other carriers all seems well so far.

I don't know if it comes with one, but a way to get a pop-up window to appear, if it's got a [Window_Titles] number higher than 09, is to use an icon for it on the 2D or VC panels. If it doesn't come with an icon to call the gauge, one can be made for it in a few minutes. Actually, a very simple process. I would be quite suprized if it doesn't come with one, but if it doesn't, I bet they will make one for it, if you ask them.

Hope this helps a little...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Sooo, regarding the LSO volume... I tried using RFN's own Charles de Gaulle, which forces the French sound files to be used and they come through loud and clear! This made me try playing the same LSO calls direct from the WAVs (i.e. outside the sim) in French vs. American and sure enough the American ones are more subdued. I figure when these were recorded they quality of the mic used wasn't so hot. I'm considering recording my own, but they'll be in English rather than American!

The visibility of the landing lights issue may just come down to one carrier, HMS Victorious '60. When using other carriers all seems well so far.
    Sorry about the English language LSO voice. That is my voice and I made them years ago for the Team SDB Enterprise in P3D since it doesn't include missions. The original English LSO sounds in the RFN carrier gauge were picked from the FSX carrier missions files. But they couldn't legally be included in the new RFN gauge package for P3D so we offered up our set. We're making new ones for an Enterprise repackage with the new gauge.

Sorry, no VR support.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Sorry, no VR support
    No worries! Something to consider for future development perhaps? It sure is great to approach a carrier in 3D VR!

I've made some British LSO voices and so far they're working great. I'm likely to release them in the future. It occured to me it would be good to have different LSO voices for French, US and British carriers, plus even Australian, Canadian etc. Do you think this would be possible in the RFN Gauge?

Might it be possible to add a sound when the approach is correct? For instance when a pilot had corrected their approach a British LSO might say something akin to "You're on the Roger, hold that attitude..."

Also, when testing my British LSO voices I noted the wires I caught seemed to be in reverse order. To my mind Wire 1 is aft and Wire 4 is for'ard and I seem to get the opposite calls?

On the subject of wires, am I imagining it or does FSX/P3D have limit of 4 wires? I ask because I'm developing a carrier which could require 5 and I'm also aware of some with 6.

Hi,
    The gauge is already design to manage different language: You have to enrich the RFN_Parameters.xml file with the new language defining name and path for all the required sound files, and then specifying the carriers you want to use this language by setting "Language" parameter into RFN_Carrier.xml file.

The more complexe point is to have a set of sound files to use!
    If one can provide us some sets of voice recorded sound files, I 'd be glad to add it into our package: as you said Airtrooper, having some nice British, Canadian or Australian LSO accents and/or expressions would be really great!!
    Having extra calls when everything is ok could be done, but I was told that guys in the navy were not very talkative... (lol)
    At the beginning we were limited to FSX Acceleration missions's sounds, but now we have to record our own sound sets so we're potentially more free... I'll think about it, and if I have a record session to come!

Regards
    Sylvain

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi,
    The gauge is already design to manage different language: You have to enrich the RFN_Parameters.xml file with the new language defining name and path for all the required sound files, and then specifying the carriers you want to use this language by setting "Language" parameter into RFN_Carrier.xml file
    Excellent! When I have time I will do exactly that!

I've recorded British LSO sound files and I'll do the same for USA and Australia as time allows...

Many thanks

Andy

Members who have read this thread: 0