New FSX/P3D Scenery Advanced Landig Ground A-11 uploaded

Thread: New FSX/P3D Scenery Advanced Landig Ground A-11 uploaded

Hybrid View

New FSX/P3D Scenery Advanced Landig Ground A-11 uploaded

This freeware scenery package attempts to represent Advanced Landing Ground A-11 of the US 9th AAF. ALG A-11 (Saint-Lambert, Normandy France) was one of 29 Advanced Landing Grounds that dotted the Cotentin Peninsula. The airfield consisted of a single 5000' (1500 m) Square-Mesh Track/Compressed Earth runway aligned 05/23. In addition, tents were used for billeting and also for support facilities; an access road was built to the existing road infrastructure; a dump for supplies, ammunition, and gasoline drums, along with a drinkable water and minimal electrical grid for communications and station lighting. Construction was started on July 27th, 1944. The initial operational date was August 6th, 1944 The airfield was used only for a short time and was vacated by September 5th, 1944. The P-38’s of the 474th Fighter Group flew close air support missions from this airfield.

Advanced_Landing_ground_A-11.zip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advanced_Landing_ground_A-11.jpg  

Advanced Landing Ground A-11

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Scenery

Description: FSX/P3D Scenery--Advanced Landing Ground A-11. This freeware scenery package attempts to represent Advanced Landing Ground A-11 of the US 9th AAF. ALG A-11 was one of 29 Advanced Landing Grounds that dotted the Cotentin Peninsula. The airfield was located near Saint Lambert Normandy. The airfield consisted of a single 5000' (1500 m) Square-Mesh Track/Compressed Earth runway aligned 05/23. In addition, tents were used for billeting and also for support facilities; an access road was built to the existing road infrastructure; a dump for supplies, ammunition, and gasoline drums, along with a drinkable water and minimal electrical grid for communications and station lighting. Construction was started on July 27th, 1944. The initial operational date was August 6th, 1944. The P-38’s of the 474th Fighter Group flew close air support support missions during the Allied invasion of Normandy from this airfield. The airfield was vacated by September 5th, 1944 as the Allies pushed quickly into France. Be sure to check the pdf for additional historical information. Taxiing or driving up to the red crash truck will trigger an additional audio feature. This scenery was tested in FSXA/P3D3/P3D4. It works best with ORBX Open Land Class EU.

Advanced_Landing_ground_A-11.zip

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Advanced Landing Ground A-11
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

This is a very interesting project. Although I won't have time to run the scenery works this week, I've downloaded them and am hoping to stealth the time to run them next weekend.

I remember that the FS Scenery group, FRANCE VFR had issued a recreation of the Normandy region as it was during the Second World War.

I checked their (payware) website and could not find it. A quick consult with the Great Oracle of Google, and the product showed up at FSAddon.

https://fsaddonshop.com/products/normandy-1944-for-fsx

I don't have this, but I imagine that it's based on maps showing the lower population density & development in the urban, greater agricultural and forested areas, versus what their modern maps would display.

I wonder if anybody has purchased the product and could vouch for this?

If it truly displays a reasonable map of 1940's Normandy, it'd be a lovely backdrop for these interesting "Advanced Landing Grounds" the are being developed here.

(.....I'm just sayinnnnn...... )

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    This is a very interesting project. Although I won't have time to run the scenery works this week, I've downloaded them and am hoping to stealth the time to run them next weekend.

I remember that the FS Scenery group, FRANCE VFR had issued a recreation of the Normandy region as it was during the Second World War.

I checked their (payware) website and could not find it. A quick consult with the Great Oracle of Google, and the product showed up at FSAddon.

https://fsaddonshop.com/products/normandy-1944-for-fsx

I don't have this, but I imagine that it's based on maps showing the lower population density & development in the urban, greater agricultural and forested areas, versus what their modern maps would display.

I wonder if anybody has purchased the product and could vouch for this?

If it truly displays a reasonable map of 1940's Normandy, it'd be a lovely backdrop for these interesting "Advanced Landing Grounds" the are being developed here.

(.....I'm just sayinnnnn...... )

Magoo,
    I checked out the link. The product is all black and white photo real . I'm not big on foto real, especially at 500 ft in my L-5. They show only winter screen shots. If you have ORBX Vector, EU Land Class and Global, the area looks quite impressive. I've tailored the layout to be optimal for the ORBX scenery and tucks in nicely to the country side.

Hi Pletheron,

Yeah....it does seem to be based on black & white photo maps. Very limited description. Nice planes to go with it though.

Thanks for clarifying your optimization with ORBX. Smart choice on your part. Lot's of flyers have that, and it's a well known/ much loved enhancement.

I'm keen to try out your airfields.

Sadly...I'm off to work....umm...now!

Cheers!

Thank You for this! I will check it out today.

Members who have read this thread: 0