Biplanes, maybe!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biplanes, maybe!

Biplanes, maybe!

Hey, here a couple that I am considering. Open cockpit for good weather, Cabin cockpit for foul weather. lol Just a thought
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-feb-23-001.jpg   -2018-feb-23-002.jpg  
    Last edited by Moses03; February 27th, 2018 at 16:31.

Where's the Tchoupitoulas exit???. This ol' Avro is waiting for me in New Orleans.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm_-2018-feb-24-002.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Darn, pick up new rides at the Big Easy! Made a wrong turn in KABQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-feb-24-001.jpg  

I've got some unofficial factory support from AVRO Virtual. An updated aircraft with a flashier paint scheme. And it's been delivered to the starting point of our next adventure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm_-2018-feb-25-001.jpg  

Ah. The gathering of Commonwealth Trainers of the 1930s. The iconic Tiger Moth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tiger_Moth_Boulder.jpg  
    -Mike

Присоединение к битве с маленьким красным грузовиком. Биплан обычного человека.

Flying circus peanuts...

(Taco didn't make the photo shoot).

And from the other end of the line
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm_-2018-mar-3-003.jpg  

Looks like you all must have had a lots of fun
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Yep, these old biplanes are a hoot. Our plan is take the route from Stephen Coonts book "Flight of the Cannibal Queen" and add a few more places to it. It should keep us busy for a while.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Yep, these old biplanes are a hoot. Our plan is take the route from Stephen Coonts book "Flight of the Cannibal Queen" and add a few more places to it. It should keep us busy for a while.
    AWESOME plan! :-)

May the best AVRO win!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm_-2018-mar-4-001.jpg  

Hey all,

I don't have any smoke as Willy posted, but at least this time I got into the picture. hehe....The next flight we will be heading to KHLC me think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-mar-3-001.jpg  

The lease was up on the Po-2 so I got a loaner from Wilbur's Biplane Emporium.

What better way to watch the slightly rolling farmland of Kansas pass under your wing?

I was running pretty low on gas and spotted this barn down there. So, i landed, roamed around the barn and found the tractor gas. After filling up the farmer shows up with a shotgun, but by that time his daughter was in the front seat and we were starting our take off run. Nice flight after all....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm_-2018-mar-6-001.jpg  

Hi everybody, me here again.

Now! this thing about Willy running out of fuel and landing on this here farm, hehe, now this attractive young lady jumps into the front seat, yea you bet. I think it was a put up deal, but makes me mad about the whole thing is that he thought of it first lol, That's the way to go Willy! It was a good flight, but we did have a problem with this poofing thing it seem that most of us was bumped off a few times must have been net storms me guess. Heck we all made it to Hill City as the picture shows, we are all lined up like circus flight 19 here for your enjoyment, hehe See you all later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-mar-6-003.jpg  

Hi

Well, we all took off from Hill City and headed for 45K Minneapolis, Kansas that is. hehe. At take off time we had a ceiling of 3500 feet and it was clear for awhile and then the bloody fog set in and at 3000 feet it was hard to even see the ground. Boy, this time we couldn't even see a farm or the milk maid to our disappointment, but heck, we will survive. We will be leaving 45K and head towards KFOE Topeka, KS. Sure hope the weather gets better, but with Flight 19 we never count on it. CYA later. Picture, looking back towards the cockpit and behind the tail notice the fog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-mar-7-002.jpg  

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I was running pretty low on gas and spotted this barn down there. So, i landed, roamed around the barn and found the tractor gas. After filling up the farmer shows up with a shotgun, but by that time his daughter was in the front seat and we were starting our take off run. Nice flight after all....
    Awesome!

Find any useful tractor spares while you were at it, Willy?
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

A nice evening for flying...
    Willy Taco and I on the way south through eastern Kansas. Will have to stop in town to see the first oil well (1892) that started the whole Mid-Continent oil boom. Otherwise it's just pleasant cruising in the spring weather across fields beginning to turn green.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enroute to Neodesha.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Rural Oklahoma. Where the wind comes sweeping down the plane or some such.

Hello,

Here is another picture taken last night at OL20 from the other end of the line of Circus flight 19. Wow! a lot of open space for us pilots, to relax under the wings in the shade drinking a soda, and maybe reading a manual on how to fly a plane, or down in the cove to do a little fishing not thinking of anything before we head on a little longer flight for today. I sure hope this is right heading out from OL20 to KAQR. Maybe, I should look for a book for plotting a new course.

Oh well, see you later

Oops, maybe I should get a book on how to add pictures. hehe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-mar-10-002.jpg  

No pics, but we made it in to Atoka Oklahoma. I stayed just below 2000ft for the flight and it was a great view.

Happy Sunday to you all.

Yep, on which Willy's post mentioned. Dudley and I had 13 to 19 kts headwind using the MS weather, but on approach it slacked up and made a fair landing. I didn't realize that the good old USA had some many towns with kind of weird or maybe I should say strange names. And on this flight we flew over some believe me, but that what make this flight very interesting. Now the picture, hehe could believe with all the rain coming down we were still setting in the cockpits. Hehe Hehe, need to give me self an applause.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-mar-11-001.jpg  

Now the picture, hehe could believe with all the rain coming down we were still setting in the cockpits. HeheHehe, need to give me self an applause.
    Well, someone has to bail out the cockpits, so you don't drown at 3500' AGL!

Great series. Very enjoyable to watch progress.
    Thanks for the fun post!
    Pat
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 0