MAW 1943 BETA, Link Provided
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAW 1943 BETA, Link Provided

SOH-CM-2020

Icon22 MAW 1943 BETA released!

I think a progress report is in order. Last week I decided to release a beta version of my MAW 1943 stand alone install, as I will not have time to do much more work on it.

So I started to try to upload files on Friday, here at SOH. The install is broken into a number of zip files of 200-300MB in size. Because of slow upload speeds, it takes about 2 hours to upload a file, only to get a message "invalid email address" together with being logged out of the website. After 5 attempts and 10 fruitless hours over 5 days in free moments, I am wondering what my alternatives are.

I don't have time for anything fiddly or requiring more uploads of software. Incidently, I uploaded a small zip containing Readme files, absolutely no problems, and received an email advising of success. So why the "invalid email" message for larger files is anybody's guess.

At present the upload is broken into 8 medium-sized zip files, total size about 2Gb. Unzipped install size is 3.75 Gb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Splash24a.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020

MAW 1943 Uploading Solutions

I've had a long chat with my ISP. To save you the technical jargon I'll jump to the solution - I've had to break the package into more small parts, which are uploading under CFS3 Other-Betas.

However you won't get a complete set for a day or so.

One thing I've forgotten to mention anywhere is there is a bdp zapper.bat which will need to be right clicked, select 'Edit' and change the pathway to match your install path.

Glad to see that you were able to get it uploaded!

SOH-CM-2020

Stop The Press

Thanks very much, Rami!

However don't get too excited everyone, there are still one or two parts to go - otherwise the install will be incomplete (unless Rami has managed to salvage some upload attempts which I thought were unsuccessful???)

RL will intrude a bit today but will try to get them through.

D

Need help. I keep getting mission file failed to load and flickering. Any ideas here/ i dont use windows 10 so i extracted all the parts and put cfs3.exe and the config file into the main folder.

SOH-CM-2020

Mediafire Link

Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    Need help. I keep getting mission file failed to load and flickering. Any ideas here/ i dont use windows 10 so i extracted all the parts and put cfs3.exe and the config file into the main folder.
    In the interim, here is a link to the package which has been uploaded to Mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2wm6t9...43_Package.zip

SOH-CM-2020

MAW 1943 BETA, Link Provided

The MAW 1943 stand-alone install has been uploaded to Mediafire, link provided below. The space required for the total install is 3.75Gb on the drive you wish to put the install. This is a beta install of the Med Theatre for gameplay in 1943 onward. The Desert Rats built the theatre and I do not take any great credit for providing a modified version designed for later in the war.

It has only been tested for a single campaign called Sicily 1943. The install is crying out for some missions.

So it is fairly bare-bones but makes a great theatre for all the recent aircraft and vehicles that have been built for CFS3.

YOU NEED FIRST to have a copy of cfs3.exe and cfs3config.exe, from another installation of cfs3.

This install contains the Nov 17 version of Ankor's shaders with his kind permission - this allows the installation to start without asking to run cfs3config.exe, which is handy as I provide a fully configured installation. However at some stage you may wish to update the shaders as there is already a January 2018 version.

Installation Instructions and Credits are provided. A variety of recently modelled MAW theatre aircraft has been included, with consequent updates to effects.xml, sounds.xml, shared and effects textures, guns weapons, pylons and preload xml. This should save people a fair amount of time.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2wm6t9...43_Package.zip

This whole package is provided as a beta install, only tested on Windows 10. This sort of thing takes a lot of work, and I have a lot of other things coming up in the Real World, so it was this or nothing.

Installation requires that you set up and run once, without adjusting anything, then add the provided AppData pathway files. This provides a config setup.

I would recommend that you try running it with my AppData files for a while, before making changes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Splash24a.jpg  

Icon25

Thank you very much for all your efforts

so this medialink has the missing parts from the previous 8part upload?

Working my way through the install and I've found that 6a/6b does not have a 'shared' folder in it as the instructions say. Is something missing or did everything end up in 7?

Daiwilletti, this is amazing, I'm speechless. I downloaded from the Mediafire site, no auto installer, it's manual
    and easy as pie! I'll bet it contains tons of fixes for CFS3 and maybe more. It contains great aircraft that were
    not available at the time of the original, I would think you've done the Desert Rats proud.

Threedp and dmaloof, you may be right, but it's all there somewhere, portions of the game may have migrated, due to
    trying to repackage for an easier download. This is going to be an MP game...

im wish to say all excellent made separate install ,,,, and works like gem ,,,,,,,,,,i added my asset folder over ported it

wow ,,,,, is fun and real good scerney and clouds ,,,,,,,,,,

thank you from canada

joshua

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    so this medialink has the missing parts from the previous 8part upload?
    Yes it is complete. Its been a fraught process and I already realise I could have done things a lot better - it ended up with a lot of parts for one purpose, but for Mediafire link I could have kept it all together.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Threedp View Post
    Working my way through the install and I've found that 6a/6b does not have a 'shared' folder in it as the instructions say. Is something missing or did everything end up in 7?
    I suspect the shared bits migrated to a bit later, Threedp!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm II View Post
    Daiwilletti, this is amazing, I'm speechless. I downloaded from the Mediafire site, no auto installer, it's manual
    and easy as pie! I'll bet it contains tons of fixes for CFS3 and maybe more. It contains great aircraft that were
    not available at the time of the original, I would think you've done the Desert Rats proud.

Threedp and dmaloof, you may be right, but it's all there somewhere, portions of the game may have migrated, due to
    trying to repackage for an easier download. This is going to be an MP game...
    Thanks very much Firestorm II! I'm glad someone has got it going as I had hoped!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketred View Post
    im wish to say all excellent made separate install ,,,, and works like gem ,,,,,,,,,,i added my asset folder over ported it

wow ,,,,, is fun and real good scerney and clouds ,,,,,,,,,,

thank you from canada

joshua
    Thats very good news, enjoy!

Working for me! Thanks!!!

Works fine for me also.

Thank you for your efforts.

MAW is my favourite version of CFS3 and this has added lots to my enjoyment.

Kev

Installed, and up and running, but I don't see any trees, and almost no buildings. Did I miss something?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Installed, and up and running, but I don't see any trees, and almost no buildings. Did I miss something?
    No you didn't miss something, I think something funny is going on with the settings. I made a change a while back and despite best efforts, did not get my best settings back. Not sure if its just a scenery budgets thing or if there is an interaction with my nvidia inspector and or configoverrides (ie - your guess is as good as mine!).

Trees and buildings are in the package, it is a settings thing. Let me know if you find something that needs fixing

Yes, it acts like DisableScenery has been clicked on in cfs3config.exe, but I've double checked and it's not.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

After checking and/or replacing every imaginable individual file, I finally gave up and just copied the entire Assets, Terrains and Terrains2 folders from MAW, and let them overwrite whatever came with MAW - 1943. The trees and building scenery is back. Hopefully there wasn't anything new in MAW - 1943 that I wiped out by doing this.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Majormagee,

did you try just swapping out the Terrains folders, or alternatively just the Assets folder? Stary's scenery addon will be lost. Changing Assets wil obviously return scenery and terrain budgets to stock, but I tried just changing them and did not get the trees back.

Thanks for the update I will take a closer look as time allows.

I really enjoy flying out of Crete (is it Heraklion airbase?), this is a good place to test scenery, trees and buildings.

Yes, I had tried many different individual files, zip collections and then whole folders, before I went all in and did everything.

One thing I noticed that I thought might be the problem was that there were two folders (not zip files) with zip as part of the name in the terrains folder. These were not generating the zx files that the other real zip files were. I replaced those, but it didn't resolve the issue either.

BTW, my MAW version is not the original, as I had added the high rez textures to it a few years ago.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for this David! Have downloaded and will install as soon as I get chance!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Members who have read this thread: 0