Mirage III for P3D v4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirage III for P3D v4

Mirage III for P3D v4

Restauravia have updated their Mirage IIIB and Mirage IIIC.

The new versions have been rebuilt specifically to operate in the 64-bit environment of Prepar3d v4.

The 32-bit versions for FSX and earlier versions of Prepar3D are still available on their website.

The texture mapping has not been changed so previous repaints will work with these new versions.

Link to their P3d v4 page: http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_p3d_v_4.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MirageIIIB_v1.2_P3Dv4.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	58458

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MirageIIIC_v1.1_P3Dv4.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	58459

Thanks for the update Frank.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Thanks for heads up

Great addon in my favorite sim :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think these are brilliant freeware releases and great to see them in 64-bit v4 now. Worthy of a sticky I reckon...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

SSW has made a mod to Restauravia Mirage III C for P3D v4 (really nice job) to get it vACMI compliant and adding two fictional liveries for VAAFSE aggressors (Vipers).
    It would like to distribute it freely, wrote to Restauravia to obtain their for permission, but without an answer, is there anyone here who can answer ?
    TIA
    /SSW

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mirIIIC.jpg  
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

I would try fsafranek(original poster) as he has a very close connection with the guys

Maybe send him a private message as if its anything mirage related, he will be the go to guy for info here

and thank you for the update, hopefully it all works out

Quote Originally Posted by SSW1 View Post
    SSW has made a mod to Restauravia Mirage III C for P3D v4 (really nice job) to get it vACMI compliant and adding two fictional liveries for VAAFSE aggressors (Vipers).
    It would like to distribute it freely, wrote to Restauravia to obtain their for permission, but without an answer, is there anyone here who can answer ?
    TIA
    /SSW

We are sorry but Restauravia denied consent to the distribution of our derivative work that wanted to add to the Mirage III C some features that the original model does not have, specifically the possibility of using the armament.
    We would have gladly distributed our work as freeware with all the credits due to Restauravia, we regret that the community will not be able to use it, it seems a bit unusual a denied permission to distribute a modification of a freeware, even if we consider this decision fully legitimate
    /SSW
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

Indeed, you should respect the developers decision, no questions asked and no further comments on the matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry this is over a year after the fact. I guess I need to troll more often. The texture looks pretty keen.

If the mods/repaint that don't change the base model could be repackaged as a sort of kit folks can add I would be happy to make it available on my website.
    I can also interface with the guys at Restauravia about it once I've seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by SSW1 View Post
    We are sorry but Restauravia denied consent to the distribution of our derivative work that wanted to add to the Mirage III C some features that the original model does not have, specifically the possibility of using the armament.
    We would have gladly distributed our work as freeware with all the credits due to Restauravia, we regret that the community will not be able to use it, it seems a bit unusual a denied permission to distribute a modification of a freeware, even if we consider this decision fully legitimate
    /SSW
    That is very sad indeed. I had hoped this was tacpack enabled or something similar like vACMI.

WARNING: I attempted to download this Mirage 111C tonight and the installer is LITTERED with unwanted malware. It installed 5-6 things that took me well over an hour to remove. Most are bitcoin miners that will use up your CPU. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS.

I cannot tell you how annoying this is.

I got hit with a pop-up when I double-clicked on the page too, but I simply killed the process with task manager. Then I went back to the main page, then the P3D section. I then right-clicked the link and picked "open in new window" and got the proper download box.....and was able to download the plane without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    WARNING: I attempted to download this Mirage 111C tonight and the installer is LITTERED with unwanted malware. It installed 5-6 things that took me well over an hour to remove. Most are bitcoin miners that will use up your CPU. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS.

Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

I have a question that I haven't been able to solve regarding the IIIC. I know I pressed a button in the cockpit, I don't recall which, but it caused the ladder to show externally in flight in the boarding position and the fire extinguisher was also below the aircraft while I was flying. Any idea what causes this and how to make it go away in flight?

BTW, the "Load Configuration" was in the "everything running/Remain as it is" selection (The top/first selection) for reference.

Thanks,

Ken

This is the installer at Restauravia?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    This is the installer at Restauravia?
    It looks as if the 'telecharge' button on the page you linked has been redirected/hijacked.

Dave

As a matter of interest I downloaded and installed both Mirages.
    NO infections or rubbish at all.
    FWIW I almost never have popups or the like on the net, plenty of 'Please Disable Your Ad Blocker' (I do not!) but nothing comes up on Restauravia.

Still remarkable quality for a non-commercial subject.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The website uses some Flash stuff, which is disabled in my computer. It may display some popups or other scam advertisements, but I don't get these because I use Adblock and Ublock Origin plugins.
    These popups/ads are the source of the troubles mentioned by Ejoiner above.
    The downloads and installer programs are 100% clean, and these Mirage are some of the finest pieces of freeware ever made for our sims

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The website uses some Flash stuff, which is disabled in my computer. It may display some popups or other scam advertisements, but I don't get these because I use Adblock and Ublock Origin plugins.
    These popups/ads are the source of the troubles mentioned by Ejoiner above.
    The downloads and installer programs are 100% clean, and these Mirage are some of the finest pieces of freeware ever made for our sims
    I have full security and pop up blockers on my PC etc. Not 100 percent sure what happened, but I am NEVER trying that link again. Too bad as this looks like a great plane.

I understand your feeling, and I would have had exactly the same reaction.
    However, I still believe you may not have clicked on the correct link.
    You said you had downloaded an installer, right ? What was the file name ?

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    I got hit with a pop-up when I double-clicked on the page too, but I simply killed the process with task manager. Then I went back to the main page, then the P3D section. I then right-clicked the link and picked "open in new window" and got the proper download box.....and was able to download the plane without issue.
    Just done same without issue. The 'Creations P3Dv4' box on the main page lights up Norton 360 with red warnings of malware. So it seems to have been hijacked.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I understand your feeling, and I would have had exactly the same reaction.
    However, I still believe you may not have clicked on the correct link.
    You said you had downloaded an installer, right ? What was the file name ?
    That may well be. However, there should have been no "wrong link".

Too bad this great airplane wasnt uploaded to a trustworthy site such as this one, or one of the other main FS sites.

I have there Mirage III and it works quite well, on the site sometimes the first click sometimes opens some odd popup that you close and then you get the real file.

Then as I do for almost all freeware addons that come as an exe file, I unpack it on a Linux box so it can't infect anything before coping it back to the sim computer.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

That may well be. However, there should have been no "wrong link".

Too bad this great airplane wasnt uploaded to a trustworthy site such as this one, or one of the other main FS sites.
    Restauravia can hardly be expected to upload their 'proprietory' aircraft to SOH or any other site.
    To repeat, I downloaded the Mirages some 24 hours ago with NO trouble at all.
    Perhaps the problem lies not with them but elsewhere?

Noticed the Mention of Norton's by DaveQ, not a program that I've considered for a very long time.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Restauravia can hardly be expected to upload their 'proprietory' aircraft to SOH or any other site.
    Why? its freeware and people do this all the time.

In any case, i respect a freeware authors desire to do anything he wants. his work is after all a gift to our community.

I would love to fly that plane, but my anti-virus software now has that site link blocked.

Members who have read this thread: 1