Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Spitfire is out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Spitfire is out

Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Spitfire is out

Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Spitfire is out.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

A beautiful 3D model of a beautiful plane. The price is very reasonable too.

CTD

P3Dv4.2 crashes to desktop when selecting a different aircraft or when exiting !!
    Am I the only one ?

I'll stick eith realair for now until A2A update theirs

Ive been burnt by Aeroplane Heaven too many times with bug filled and incomplete products that are to date still not fixed

CTD

I was just reading on the Justflight forums that this was previously an issue with a number of aircraft.
    I assume they fixed the problem, but I cant find any reference to it.
    Aeroplane Heaven don't appear to have a forum.
    Hope it's fixed .....

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_po...p3d-v4-crashes

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I'll stick eith realair for now until A2A update theirs
    Hell will have frozen over before that happens Matt!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

We are working on the issue, a fix will be available very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Hell will have frozen over before that happens Matt!
    Apparently global warming is true and there is a possibility if you ask the greens

I looked over their 'to do' list on Facebook and I think anything like the Spitfire is so far down the page it doesn't exist.
    Some of the projects are so old I'd forgotten about them!

Granted, this lot are not as off with the Pixies like Milviz but a lowly single piston engined 'British' fighter dating back to 1940 doesn't fit anymore.
    Global warming, sure is and we are right in the middle of 'La Nina' event.
    Probably going to alternate between rain and high humidity when I'm at the World Superbike Championship round this weekend, not a happy prospect when riding to and from PI on a 1190cc Sports Bike.......

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

i know about wet and humidity I live in NT we just had over 560mm in 4 days and humidity is normally 80%+ from 7000-2300 daily

like i said, my preference is with realair and A2A, at least you know what you are getting when you click on buy

Icon28 Reply...

Hey guys,

Not that I want to step into a pit of snakes here or anything, but just saying thank you, or taking some time to say what you like before delving into something less complimentary works wonders in letting people know you appreciate their efforts.

It takes a long time to put something like this together. If you think you can build a better railroad, great. We need that ambition in the world. But then don't complain if the spikes are tougher to drive into the ground than you thought. It's real easy to armchair quarterback, but developing is another matter.

Good job, Bazzar. I love the pics, maybe if I ever get Prepar3D V4 I'll purchase it!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Rami, this beauty works perfectly in Prepar3D v4. Highly recommend both.

A warning, designer bashing will not be tolerated here. This thread is designed for constructive comments about a long awaited product. Thanks to AH for all your hard work on a great Spitfire.
    Last edited by stovall; February 23rd, 2018 at 10:05.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We are working on the issue, a fix will be available very soon.
    Thanks Baz

Looks good and flies great!
    Thanks to Baz, AH and JF.
    She's a keeper.

'Summer Scramble'

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I can tell you that I was on the beta team right from the start and can assure it worked perfectly in P3D V4, 4.1 and 4.2. I allowed it to install outside the sim and when changing aircraft or shutting down the sim I had no problems with CTDs. Maybe I was lucky or just blessed.

A big thank you to Bazz and the AH/JF team for producing such a great aircraft. Learning to fly MKI with the pump up undercarriage was a real learning curve. I haven't got around to buying the released version yet as I have been chasing up doctor's appointments regarding a hip replacement.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Just installed into P3D 4.2 without issues. Thanks to all at AH for this. I have to say it's far superior to the earlier AH Spit.
    Now I'm looking forward to a new AH Hurricane??

Just to confirm, a revised update with the CTD fix is now available from Just FLight. A more comprehensive SP/Update is also on the way.

I just wanted to say that I purchased it yesterday.

Excellent work! I am really enjoying flying it in P3Dv4.

Well done!

Great to hear, thanks very much.

Just to confirm, a revised update with the CTD fix is now available from Just FLight. A more comprehensive SP/Update is also on the way.
    Thanks very much Baz
    On my way to get it.

Gary

No more CTD's

Thanks again Baz

No more CTD's and working a treat.
    Appreciate your prompt response to the issue.

I just love the 19 Squadron version with the Watts prop - truly a thing of beauty.
    I cant stop flying it

Best wishes

Gary

I just installed the new Dunkirk Spit into my P3D v4.1 setup and had a few issues.
    It first asked where my P3D install was and then asked if I wanted to install as an external add-on, I selected that option but it did not then ask where to install it, installing it into "C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons"
    I don't install my add-ons there so I moved it and updated my add-ons.cfg file so it had it.
    It really should ask the inside/external question first and then ask where do you want to place it.

Second issue, my first take off I went full throttle and the engine soon started to smoke, but the smoke was going the wrong direction, see the image.

I then tried to restart and keep the boost to a manageable level. Could not get it to not overheat and die, I tried switching to a different model, a non spit and then back, finally quit completely and reload, keeping the boost at zero and still did it. Right not its not very usable for me.

Edit: I turned off auto mixture and it stopped overheating, but the other issues remain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-2-25_9-58-9-713.jpg  
    Last edited by blanston12; February 25th, 2018 at 10:22.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

There should be a final screen (with picture) on the installer which tells you to turn off automixture. Please take a few seconds to read it. We cannot code the the two stage mixture control in these early Spitfires and allow automixture to be left on. It is quite clear in the installer. The installation into a choice of locations is not our doing but P3DV4. You have an option now to install in a separate add-ons folder and select the aircraft from there when in the sim or install as you have always done, into the main sim aircraft folder. The installer simply gives you that option via radio buttons.

We are releasing a Service Pack/Upgrade very soon with some mods and improvements. Watch out for the notification.

There should be a final screen (with picture) on the installer which tells you to turn off automixture. Please take a few seconds to read it. We cannot code the the two stage mixture control in these early Spitfires and allow automixture to be left on. It is quite clear in the installer.
    Your right, it is in the installer, I just ignored them at first and paid the price.

The installation into a choice of locations is not our doing but P3DV4. You have an option now to install in a separate add-ons folder and select the aircraft from there when in the sim or install as you have always done, into the main sim aircraft folder. The installer simply gives you that option via radio buttons.
    Actually you do have a choice of locations when installing outside, I figured out how to do it by studying how the installer for Ant's airplanes T-28A did it, in this case after running the install for the Dunkirk spit, I simply moved the folder from where it was installed to my preferred location and then made these entries into C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

Code:
    [Package.10]
    PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Dunkirk Spitfire
    TITLE=Dunkirk Spitfire
    ACTIVE=true
    REQUIRED=false
    I am very much looking forward to your next update, the new spit looks great and its a very nice addition to the hanger.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Going to wait and buy this bird as soon SP is out. BTW is there a date for P-47? Want that one as well...
    Regards

Members who have read this thread: 0