Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Spitfire is out - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Spitfire is out

Finally bought the bird...love to fly it even after a water strike and a bent propeller. Engine kept running normally. Must be my P3D v 4 config at the time.
    Beautifull work.

Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-3-8_0-28-5-62.jpg   2018-3-8_0-26-51-580.jpg  

Despite being broke, I'm not gonna be able to resist this baby. Most people say one can never have enough Mustangs, but for me its Spits;-) Spits, Spits and more Spits....

How are the sounds guys? Nothing worse than a great looking bird but without immersive sounds - ESPECIALLY when it comes to this engine!
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

This is now available on steam and I want to buy it. Just wanted to know: is there any difference in that version?

And also: will the P-47 be released there as well?

Edit: Sorry, should probably post on the FSX forums.
    Last edited by Stefano Zibell; April 11th, 2018 at 18:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post
    This is now available on steam and I want to buy it. Just wanted to know: is there any difference in that version?

And also: will the P-47 be released there as well?

Edit: Sorry, should probably post on the FSX forums.
    With all due respect I'd suggest you get it from Just Flight or a similar vendor.
    The latest update came through earlier this week from Just Flight, now at v1.3.
    As for the P47, no idea, probably end up on Steam but I really don't know.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I just got the Spitfire from JF yesterday and am delighted with it.

As regards the installer, I too was a little confused about the "outside P3D" option. You can have total control over how/where an install goes (see also the previous post about Ant's installer). It's not a limitation in P3D - it's actually a feature/blessing. I've devised a semi-automated installer system, fully documented here: http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=P3D

I have a couple of *tiny* niggles with the Spitfire model though.

I understand the limitations of 2-stage mixture levers in the early Spitfires, but I have no VC animations for either propeller or mixture controls in the early version. The tooltips update the values (and the engine responds accordingly) but the the levers won't move when using the default axis control mappings (though they can be moved with the mouse). Both work fine on the later variants.

Credit where credit's due, though - here's why I still love it!

Post-restoration test flight (near Auckland, NZAA - amazing range these Spitfires have!):

A remembrance fly-past over modern-day Dunkerque:

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Adam, that first shot is really superb ! I had to look closely to understand if it was a simulator shot or a real picture

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Adam, that first shot is really superb ! I had to look closely to understand if it was a simulator shot or a real picture
    Thanks! The sea climbing up the terrain is a bit of a give-away though!

Kudos to the airraft modellers (Just Flight / Aeroplane Heaven) and ORBX (FTX NZNI/NZAA). I just set up a nice time of day (crucial for decent shadows) and clicked! I have to admit I was rather taken aback by the result though!
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Paint kit

I'm looking for the paint kit, can anyone help?

Best wishes

Gary

Members who have read this thread: 0