Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Spitfire is out
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Spitfire is out

Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Good to see...

The preview video on the JustFlight site has a bit of an anomaly though... the gear down indicators on the wings (the red pins visible on the upper surface of the wings) are visible although the gear is up...

I wonder how she compares in flight and handling in general to the A2A Spitfire I/II A/B series that is to be updated for P3D V4 soon...

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Didn't quite escape.
    I'll almost certainly have to get this one, so I'll do some comparison flying once I do. Plenty of paint schemes for airfields that have already been WW2-ified in there, though, either by me or someone else.

It's a pity that Croydon is so difficult to recreate in period in the sim. I have a phenomenally basic versions and I think someone else has made a civilian pre-war version for FSX, somewhere, but all those unique hangars make it very difficult to do well.

Ian P.

The promo video was made before the development was complete. The undercarriage electrical indicators do work as they should - extinguish when the gear is in transit and light when the gear is locked.

I've got to get this! Wonder if it glides as well as the Spit in the film Dunkirk does?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Didn't quite escape.
    I've got it, only done one flight so far, but it's really nice to fly. To me, compared to the A2A aircraft, it appears a little higher performance: I can climb a lot more efficiently with this one than I can with the A2A Mk.Ia. It also seems a little faster in roll and pitch, but obviously, I can't fly both side-by-side (I don't have FSRecorder, sorry. ) so that's hard to quantify. I'm also not quite so sure about the "zero boost" throttle setting, it seems a long way back towards idle, but they're all very subjective comments. The wobbly panel bits are a nice touch, the hand pump for the hydraulics is appropriately awkward to have to use - because of the position of the mouse and my joystick, I have to realistically swap hands and then use the mouse to pump the handle, while trying to maintain a climb out.

Modelling is nice, it "looks right" and there's plenty of detail. Texturing is nice. Weathering isn't overdone.

To me, who has never flown a real Spitfire but has flown a lot of pretend ones, I really like it. It's not on a par systems wise with Accu-Sim - nor does it pretend to be - but it's a really immersive aircraft and excellent fun to fly. It's also a lot cheaper than the Accu-Sim kite.

Personally, I'm more than happy with the purchase.

Ian P.

got it and a beauty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dunkirk-spitfire_50_ss_m_180216101248.jpg   dunkirk-spitfire_69_ss_l_180216101402.jpg   dunkirk-spitfire_81_ss_m_180216101509.jpg  

Stunning photo's on the JF site. Going to have to buy this, just can't pass up a Spitfire.

Easily the most beautiful aircraft design of the '30s and '40's IMHO.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Screenshots in FsXA Dx10:

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Nice shots Rog. Tried "the glide" yet? Good luck on that one!. I tried it when testing and it was OK from about 5,000ft. but if I tried any aerobatics (pretending there might have been a Stuka around) I was in the drink PTQ. Keep your gear up and try a belly landing- it's fun. Also, try pumping that gear down on the approach along a beach... the movie version had both gear pump handle and hydro box controls!

One question

Could someone post a screen shot from the VC using the view forward when you are flying straight and level?

Thanks you.

Here we go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails forwardview.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Here we go.
    Thanks, that's exactly the shot I wanted to see.

Barry

Didn't quite escape.
    I nearly parked unintentionally in a field, while trying a loop over West Malling, Baz? I did miss the trees on the other side - just.

The only problem I'm having at the moment, with the BoB Spitfires, the Dunkirk Spitfires and the Mk.V Spitfires installed, is telling which "Vickers Supermarine Spitfire" came from which pack!

Ian P.

With that lot installed Ian, you're going to have to rename a few. I have to admit, we've done a few of these lovely machines over the years.

Didn't quite escape.
    If a WW2 European Theatre of Operations aircraft is released, I do tend to try and buy them. Unfortunately, like most people, I can't afford them all. This is why I tend to bug you so much about what liveries will be in packs, so I can try and ensure that I've made or updated somewhere for them to fly out of when they are released. Unfortunately, as you may have noticed from the projects I didn't do enough on for you a while ago, my messed up anatomy means that there's little point my trying to be an effective beta tester at present, so hence I don't even ask any more and just buy what I can afford after release. That still means I have a more than considerable number of WW2 aircraft installed... A lot of them saying "Aeroplane Heaven" in the developer box.

I have no idea whether anyone ever actually uses my sceneries, but the site seems to get a fairly steady string of visitors and downloads, so hopefully my attempts to match aircraft with bases are appreciated by some people and they don't download them, decide they're junk and delete them again!

...which reminds me. Expect an e-mail shortly asking what liveries will be in the P-47 pack.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Sure thing Ian. Also, I am a great fan of your work - always have been.

Didn't quite escape.
    Thankfully, this chap won't have far to go to escape the enemy approach... Except maybe the Station Warrant and his CO.

(It's pretty much slap bang in the middle of RAF Drem...)

Ian P.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-2-23_10-58-32-306.jpg  

Ian, your airbases are definitely NOT "Junk"! As you and I discussed quite a while back, I have converted many of your models into "Destroyable" objects for FSX@War. Unfortunately my North Africa Pack for FSX@War is taking me much longer than I ever anticipated. I still use many of your sceneries for my retro flying.

Ian, I think your pilot, fresh from Gauntlets, simply forgot to lower his undercarriage. He won't have been the only one.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

'Summer Scramble'.
    OK.......it is P3D4.1 but the object of the exercise is to show off my new favourite aeroplane.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The promo video was made before the development was complete. The undercarriage electrical indicators do work as they should - extinguish when the gear is in transit and light when the gear is locked.

That is not what I meant. I mean the red pins visible on the upper wing surfaces. They need to disappear into the wing when the undercarriage comes up. I see from one of the screenshots that the pins are now down in flight ...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

It is the same reason. As I said, the video was produced before the production was complete. If you really want the reason (although do you hear anybody talking about why the landing gear pins stay up?) is that the gear process in the pump operated gear is special code. The video recording process used by the guy that did the video does not appear to record this correctly. So a "g" key arrangement was provided to allow him to raise and lower the gear for certain shots. I hope that explains it for you.

Hi Bazzar, just want to let you know that i have the "problem" with the red pins - as you can see on the attached pics, on the models with mirror mounted, the pin is showing when gear is up and on the models without the mirror they are not showing while gear is down.

I re-installed it twice and checked it a few times - with the same result. It seems that this happend only to the MK1A-Model.

Kind regards and many thanks for this fine Spit

Dirk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2018_2_23_22_48_27.jpg   enb2018_2_23_22_42_4.jpg   enb2018_2_23_22_37_5.jpg  

Hi Dirk and thankyou for the HU. I think I know what this is now. Can you tell me if it is there if you use the VC lever or just when using the "G" key?
    I believe we can get better integration between the gear code and keystrokes so will be issuing a new model in a small SP soon. I also have a better sound for the gear pump. More anon.

Members who have read this thread: 0