Weird VC Glitch

Thread: Weird VC Glitch

Weird VC Glitch

I just downloaded and installed the Tom Ruth Tu-144 found here https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...ge=0&filename= "Tupolev TU-144 Complete Package V2" and got it to work right except for one issue; in the VC, there's a black bar on the bottom when I start the flight in the VC. When I launch it from the 2d cockpit, the bottom portion of the main panel is "stuck" in this bar. I've included a screenshot which hopefully illustrates the issue well enough. Is there a way to fix this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-2-20_16-22-57-98.jpg  

Must be an FS9 portover

Open the Panel.cfg in notepad
    In the [Window00] section you should find the line
    render_3d_window=1
    delete it and save

That should fix it
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Appears that Mr. Ruth did an updated version that addresses the VC funnies: https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...age=0&filename=

About the 3rd or 4th entry on that page... you'll see it. Not sure if it's an FS9 port-over, I don't have it installed.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post
    There's a topic on the FSX native TU-144 here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4-Charger-v3-5

Very complex simulation.
    I'm very familiar with this excellent model. I'm just looking for a more "casual" tu-144 without a bunch of procedures. Also that thread is kinda dead right now

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Must be an FS9 portover

Open the Panel.cfg in notepad
    In the [Window00] section you should find the line
    render_3d_window=1
    delete it and save

That should fix it
    Unfortunately this didn't work

Alternative in panel.cfg...often the SIZE_Y co-ord is less...and shouldn't be...
    It's usually at the end of the config.

[Default View]
    X=0
    Y=0
    SIZE_X=8192
    SIZE_Y=6144

It's also a problem in external views

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Alternative in panel.cfg...often the SIZE_Y co-ord is less...and shouldn't be...
    It's usually at the end of the config.

[Default View]
    X=0
    Y=0
    SIZE_X=8192
    SIZE_Y=6144
    I see. I'll try this next

I've had this plane for a while and while I haven't had this particular problem I did encounter a problem with the landing lights. On my first flight I opened the 2D panel to enable all gauges (on some planes the AB effects won't show unless you do this) but when I went to land I dropped the gear and when I flipped on the landing lights in nosed over into the ground. After a bit of test flying I found that it only happens if you open the main 2D panel. (Use of the spoiler key at all will also cause it to nose over as well, 2D panel opened or not.) I do like the landing/taxi light effects on this plane! Haven't figured out how everything is connected or how to fix it other than to not open the main 2D panel.

Well the most recent fix has worked. Now to start panel mods!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    Well the most recent fix has worked. Now to start panel mods!
    Yes, it always has worked for me.....never had to do anything re 'render 3d etc'...

Is a reversed attitude indicator anything that could be easily fixed? The gauge goes down when the aircraft pitches up, and vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    Is a reversed attitude indicator anything that could be easily fixed? The gauge goes down when the aircraft pitches up, and vice versa
    I believe that's a 'Russian thing'. Their 'horizon' remains fixed to the cockpit and the plane moves...not the western way of having the horizon follow reality and the plane silhouette is fixed to the cockpit...

Nah. I've flown a lot of different Russian birds on the sim before. This is an actual error. I'll post a screen shot tomorrow

Hopefully these screenshots demonstrate the odd behavior of the gauge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-2-23_11-34-54-926.jpg   2018-2-23_11-35-12-346.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0