Messerschmitt Bf-109G & K updates uploaded!
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Messerschmitt Bf-109G & K updates uploaded!

Icon22 Messerschmitt Bf-109G & K updates uploaded!

Well, unfortunately The new BF109G model projects that Paul and I were working on have been put on hold. Real life has reared its ugly head for Paul with his business and other issues. To top it off his XP rig died and has required a complete rebuild. And mine did too. I wouldn't call it dead but it is on life support until Paul gets life under control again.

In the meantime though, I have ton of new Bf109 skins which can be converted between the older PR Bf109 models and the one Paul was working on. Those models are semi-accurate and the best freeware we currently have, but something that has always bothered me with those models is they all have an odd shaped rudder profile.

But with a little tweaking via the skins' alpha channel and adding Wolfi and Shessi's pilots from the Daedalus FW-190s, I think it's enough of an improvement that it's worth modifying and painting until if and when the new model project can be restarted.

Besides the basic 109F/G rudder there are 3 other types frequently seen on tall tail variants, I've done alpha masks for them as well as the F/G rudder.

There's actually quite a number of different Bf109 PR model marks available

Bf109F-2/4
    Bf109G-2
    Bf109G-2/Trop
    Bf109G-4
    Bf109G-4/Trop
    Bf109G-6
    Bf109G-6 mid production with Erla Haube canopy
    Bf109G-6 late production with Erla Haube canopy and tall tail
    Bf109G-6/AS
    Bf109G-6/R6 gondola wing guns
    Bf109G-10 with short tail wheel and narrow main tire (small wing bumps)
    Bf109G-10 with short tail wheel and wide main tire (large, long wing bumps)
    Bf109G-10 with tall tail wheel and wide main tire (large, long wing bumps)
    Bf109G-14/AS
    Bf109K-4

As I get mods and skin packages finished I'll start uploading for you guys. I am aiming for an average of 4 paint choices for each of the marks in the list above. I'll finish a new 2D panel for the F and K marks for inclusion.

Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thank you Captain Kurt and Paul. Looking forward to any and all of your guys work, it's great stuff!

msfossey

Really guys? 171 views and only one comment? (Thank you BTW msfossey.)

That has to lead me to conclude that no one has any interest in this project. There's a lot of work behind it and a lot left to do if it is to be completed. It's not about fishing for compliments. It's about judging if anyone wants it, and if no one wants it then it's not worth the trouble and effort to finish and make it available. And apparently it isn't.

Oh well.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

I did not realize how subtle some of the changes were until I went back and looked at the pictures again. Nice work!

Its probably the reverse

I'd take that the other way around.

171 views is the 'headline'. A hundred plus people going mmmm Messerschmitt .... Sounds like interest to me. :-)

In a different context, I work on a small freeware project that has a single 'product', and a supporting forum. Each release has a few K downloads, but only a handfull of forum comments. Thats the internet these days - 25 years back forums were used more like twitter today, but now, they're often quite quiet.... so FWIW, be encouraged, its all about the views.

Just my 2d/2c

SD
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
    -- George Bernard Shaw

Capt,
    Took a look at the post the other day. Due to my working nights, I didn't get a chance to respond. Your work on the Bf-109 is outstanding. And, am looking forward to and patiently for its completion. A past poster once said that a lot of people look at the posts, but few respond. Don't let it get you down. Thanks for all your work.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Or Maybe......

It could be as simple as.....I didn't see the post. Real world can be a distraction and sometimes I just don't get to look at new posts each day. For my part, as one who is doing good if he can figure out how to make use of just some of the wonderful creations available at SOH, please accept my encouragement and appreciation for any and all new contributions. Please keep them coming.

Me -- guilty I’m afraid. I saw the post yesterday and meant to respond last night. I got caught up in my own project (a CFS2 one actually) and just forgot. So yeah, since I seem to be headed back into CFS2 I should have commented.

She’s a beautiful bird captain. Your standards are so high.

AC

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Really guys? 171 views and only one comment? (Thank you BTW msfossey.)

That has to lead me to conclude that no one has any interest in this project. There's a lot of work behind it and a lot left to do if it is to be completed. It's not about fishing for compliments. It's about judging if anyone wants it, and if no one wants it then it's not worth the trouble and effort to finish and make it available. And apparently it isn't.

Oh well.
    Many of us are not old enough to be retired yet, and therefore don't spent most of their time checking this board.

Great work BTW, this looks promising.

Icon22 Reply...

Kurt,

It was on my “hit list” of thread responses to make; I’m afraid school has disrupted my timing.

Sorry to hear about your and Paul’s PC woes. I could ship you mine until classes are over!

In all seriousness though, the detail work is incredible. Please upload any repaints and get back to this when you can. It will be worth the wait.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Just saw this thread. What a worthwhile and detailed body of work. Thanks Captain Kurt. Do you have any issues with the tail on the Sky Unlimited 109F models?

Thanks all for indicating you are interested. Please don't take my comment as anything other than wanting to know if there is enough interest to complete and post the project or just keep it for my own, and certainly not meant as any kind of criticism. So from your responses I now know to continue with it. Again thanks for letting me know.

WIP teasers below

Ravenna, No serious issues with the Sky Unlimited Bf109F rudder, see the pic below. But it's not a multi-LOD model which can limit the number in the sky at the same time. I will do a set of PR 109F's which are multi-LOD and guys can have options to pick.

Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Thanks Captain,
    It is a pity that the SU 109F isn't multi LOD. She is a good looking model and there are lots of skins for her.

Gentlemen,

Out of curiosity, whose drawings did you use to design the 3D model, especially the nose section?
    I am a bit curious because sooner or later I will probably work on a Messerschmitt 109 project.

- Ivan.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Ravenna, No serious issues with the Sky Unlimited Bf109F rudder, see the pic below. But it's not a multi-LOD model which can limit the number in the sky at the same time. I will do a set of PR 109F's which are multi-LOD and guys can have options to pick.
    Strange, the Sky Unlimited Frederic's have 5 LOD's in FS9, don't know why they would lose that in conversion.

Just an FYI. So please keep up the good work.

Jamie

Capt......

...I can understand your apparent frustration with the lack of participation\feedback on your work. But please do not let it discourage you from your great work. I admit I am one of those who click on, read and move on sometimes without commenting, I do this because I do not have the skills, access to the fine details of the aircraft's concerned , nor the expertise to offer any comment(s) that would be helpful, but know this I for one fully appreciate your and the other members of this hobby who strive for accuracy in this sim world. I salute and thank these members, one and all.

Hi JDTinballs,

That was my information but apparently wrong. I checked it out in Aircraft Container and SU Friedrich does indeed have 5 LODs in the conversion.

Ivan,

These are the old PR model from 2001 - 2002 that I am adding a couple of tweaks to. The project that Paul and I have been working on started with these a a basis and then began correcting and adding until the models were basically brand new. Paul Likes to work from multiple sources including manuals and photographs rather than a single set of drawings.

Again, thanks everyone for your input.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Great work guys! keep that spirit.
    Cheers
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Uncoordinated Turns

On the way home of the day I first sawthis post I was thinking of one thing – Me-109. Then came thefinal thought. “OK, I'll look first thing at the house”. Yousee while I have no great desire to do an entire panel again, perthat experience there are a few aircraft that the very thought makesme swoon inside. There's that German twin engine that you canpractically see through the floor – the Ju-88 maybe? A B-25 makesthe list. It just would be cool, with the panel fully mouse-able, tostart the old gal's engines by hand and yea, “Feel the power”. Another is the Storch or any in of the Grasshopper family as well. This last fantasy was born out of an older post by “captmercy”. I flew a tail dragger (Citabria?) for a wopping log of 3 hours when Iwas learning to fly gliders (no tow fees when your just learningcoordinated turns). And that led to the “UncleTgt” Piper and onand on and on. I actually started drawing my own Piper in Blenderbecause I've always wanted get a panel background using their 3Drender engine. Here's as far as I got and remember, on this front, Ihave no idea what I'm doing.

And Yea – a Me-109 panel fromscratch (a little pang just typing that). At any rate after I tiredscouring the internet for 109 panels I took a break and that adultpart started to kick in (hate it when that happens). 4 months .. noat least 6? And to shelve my current project? Sigh – well thenmaybe someday.

I do however have an offering. For mycurrent project it just made sense to make a gauge once again eventhough I not specifically interested in making gauges. Point beingif you find one or two that you would like made I sure I couldsqueeze that in. Just let me know.

(Copy from Open Office misses spaces -- no idea),

AC aka Sam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MyPiper.jpg  

Works for me No Dice and thanks for all you're doing over their. I visit often.

AC

I am really looking forward to these. Accuracy accuracy accuracy!

And while I'm at it surely the plural of Messerschmitt is not Messerschmitts but Messerschmitte oder Messerschmitten

I'm joking
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Sam,

As a matter of fact, there is a particular Messerschmitt gauge we could very much use.

It translates as 'Coolant exit and oil intake temperature'. I take that to mean radiator temperature but maybe one of our German speaking members can give us a better interpretation.

It was common on the 'F' panels and some of the early 'G' marks also used it.

Would you like to make it for us? It would be awesome.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    Thanks Dave, but be forewarned, it will be a lot of files
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Captain Kurt
    I saw your post and showed it to my wife because I thought it was so stunning. Like so much other work here. I have said before, I am basically a user only, but if someone puts this finished A/C in a mission or Campaign set--I WILL USE IT.
    thanks for the HARD work. I have NO IDEA how you guys do this. My artistic talents consist of a "stickman"

Members who have read this thread: 0