New FSX/P3D Scenery Released Advanced Landing Ground A-1

Thread: New FSX/P3D Scenery Released Advanced Landing Ground A-1

New FSX/P3D Scenery Released Advanced Landing Ground A-1

This scenery package attempts to represent Advanced Landing Ground A-1 of the US 9th AAF. ALG A-1 was one of 29 Advanced Landing Grounds that dotted the Cotentin Peninsula. Construction of this airfield was started 3 days after D-Day on June 9th, 1944 by the 834th Engineer Aviation Battalion. At first it was in service as “ELS A-1 “, an Emergency Landing Strip. It had a 3400x120ft un-tracked (grass/dirt) runway and was used mainly by small observation aircraft. There after it was expanded and enhanced with a 5000x150 foot SMT/PSP runway and 50 dispersal points. The 366th Fighter Group (P-47’s) of the 9th USAAF occupied the airfield on June 17th, 1944. From here the 366th FG (389th FS, 390th FS and 391st FS) mounted close air support to allied troops advancing thorough the bocage country and beyond. The runway was large enough to handle aircraft such as the C-47 and B-26. It was also used by P-38’s, also crucial to the close air support role. The rapid advance of the allies through the Cotentin Peninsula resulted in the landing ground being released back to the local population on September 5th, 1944.

Enjoy!
    Terry Flemming
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ALG_A-1_cover.jpg  

Nice. Now I can set up my new 391st B-26 AI to fly from Matching to here and then back. Maybe have a few spend the night
    and a few others do touch-n-goes. But before I can start on that I need to finish the paints. I'm still researching trying to find
    nose art for each a/c.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Nice. Now I can set up my new 391st B-26 AI to fly from Matching to here and then back. Maybe have a few spend the night
    and a few others do touch-n-goes. But before I can start on that I need to finish the paints. I'm still researching trying to find
    nose art for each a/c.

Joe
    Let me know if the taxi/rwy links give you a problem. To get the correct squared effect of the PSP I had to skinny the links to parking.

Terry
    Last edited by pletheron; February 19th, 2018 at 10:20.

Members who have read this thread: 0