Carenado Fokker F50 Released
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carenado Fokker F50 Released

Carenado Fokker F50 Released

I'm very tempted. Curious to hear the feedback from those who've purchased...

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...uct&correl=207
    -Mark

and I'm curious about the texture layout...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    and I'm curious about the texture layout...
    Its pretty straight forward and simple with a bit of curvature around nose

Im comprassion to the others this one looks the easiest one in a long while

F50 Released

Ok, I'II get the ball rolling ,

A very short over view, installation went quickly and as with most Carenado a/c lots of eye candy. Reviewed the many PDF files and went for several VFR flights with no real concerns,very stable, taxi, take off and landings were straight forward. Must admit the landing was much like the Aerosoft Twin Otter, you need steady pressure on the yoke when landing or one finds that it wants to float when you cross the button of the runway. Having never heard the roar of a F50 in real life I will suggest a thumbs up on the engine's sound files ... it gets the job done. One concern I will mention is the nose wheel landing light, when it's on it covers the entire top portion of the wheels in a bright white light, very unrealistic in my opinion.

Just a few thoughts

Cheers for now

I think I'll hang back on this for a while, not quite my Carenado type.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I think I'll hang back on this for a while, not quite my Carenado type.
    .... looks like ya got lots of company !!!

Blog Entries
    I've been very impressed by Carenado's X-Plane offerings, and the one Cessna Mustang i have of their for FSX/P3D ( except for their resource hog G-1000 ). I'd be curious as well to know about this..

I'll wait for a sale. 45 dollars is a lot of money!

Cees

Ok, I'II get the ball rolling ,

A very short over view, installation went quickly and as with most Carenado a/c lots of eye candy. Reviewed the many PDF files and went for several VFR flights with no real concerns,very stable, taxi, take off and landings were straight forward. Must admit the landing was much like the Aerosoft Twin Otter, you need steady pressure on the yoke when landing or one finds that it wants to float when you cross the button of the runway. Having never heard the roar of a F50 in real life I will suggest a thumbs up on the engine's sound files ... it gets the job done. One concern I will mention is the nose wheel landing light, when it's on it covers the entire top portion of the wheels in a bright white light, very unrealistic in my opinion.

Just a few thoughts

Cheers for now
    Thanks for that, Aircanuck. I checked the Avsim forums and the general consensus seems to be that this is one of Carenado's better offerings - relatively free of bugs out of the box. I think I'll pick this up once it hits the vendors, since I have a PCAviator coupon burning a hole in my pocket.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if a Icelandair/Flugfelag Islands livery is included? I didn't see one on the Carenado site, but wasn't sure if it was 'in hiding'. Many thanks.

http://www.airlineupdate.com/content...airiceland.htm
    -Mark

No - unfortunately the Icelandair/Flugfelag Islands livery is not included. Maybe Jeansy will have it on his list ....

Kind regards

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    No - unfortunately the Icelandair/Flugfelag Islands livery is not included. Maybe Jeansy will have it on his list ....

Kind regards

Dirk
    Thanks Dirk. Hopefully!
    -Mark

so far, so good..

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Jan, can you advise me on the file size of the VC Mdl and external Mdl files? Just curious as I bought the Cheyenne III back when it came out and I have horrendous VAS consumption issues with that model. I have discovered it's internal Mdl files are huge and likely are a big part of the VAS over-usage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the F50.mdl is 80 Mb, the interior MDL is 231 Mb, and there are two of them, one in 64 bit

so far, so good..

The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Jan, can you advise me on the file size of the VC Mdl and external Mdl files? Just curious as I bought the Cheyenne III back when it came out and I have horrendous VAS consumption issues with that model. I have discovered it's internal Mdl files are huge and likely are a big part of the VAS over-usage.
    So that is why I have been having trouble with the Cheyenne 3! Is there any way to fix it short of taking it up with the developer?

f50

I hope someone would do an American paint . For the F50 Fokker.

the F50.mdl is 80 Mb, the interior MDL is 231 Mb
    WHAT?!

No way I'm ever gonna touch this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Jeansy...no, but Jankees, yes, I hope that's allright?

Quote Originally Posted by chet twowolves View Post
    I hope someone would do an American paint . For the F50 Fokker.
    I checked, but could not find a single N-registered F50.
    Panama, Colombia, Peru, does that count?

Amazing work Jankees. Please please Inselair Aruba.

Jankees - it is absolut allright - fantastic job, thanks for doing

the F50.mdl is 80 Mb, the interior MDL is 231 Mb, and there are two of them, one in 64 bit
    Are you running the Fokker in FSX here or in P3Dv4?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jeansy...no, but Jankees, yes, I hope that's allright?
    Indeed! Many thanks for doing the Icelandic repaint, Jankees. Looking forward to it...
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    So that is why I have been having trouble with the Cheyenne 3! Is there any way to fix it short of taking it up with the developer?
    I have taken the issue up with them and so far, to no avail. I am of the belief they never properly tested it in FSX seeing the issues I am seeing. I am almost certain the large internal MDL file size (which I understand is for PBR usage) is behind the problem. With the full Cheyenne model, I can't get out of the traffic pattern without have a VAS/OOM. The lite model works better but even with that one I usually began using up VAS by the end of the flight. IMO, they should offer a regular sized model with various texture options to customize VAS & Memory usage. As it stands, I am out $40 until I go with P3Dv4. For now I won't be buying the Fokker 50 which is a pity.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I do not have this a/c yet but will get it soon. Specially if the liveries of Amapola and Icelandair are available. Are they somewhere ready for d/l?

Members who have read this thread: 0