Lockheed Harpoon, Ventura, and Lodestar - Native - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Harpoon, Ventura, and Lodestar - Native

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    m of no help in the working of it,but id sure as hell fly it.
    Well it's available for everyone; just download it and fly. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Attachment 58472

Lovely! Buttery frames on the Ordovician epoch box I use, looks good glitch-wise. Other than the whiskey compass, as noted above, I found that the instrument panels display 'on top' of the glass looking in over the shoulder on the external model. A material setting needs a nudge. In MCX, I'd check the 'blend by diffuse alpha' box. Presumably, it's a different value in GMAX. Same setting as the rest of the interiors, I suppose. That's the only glitch I noted. Superb hand flyer. I never got 'round to installing the port-overs, so this was a pleasant surprise. Glad I waited.

Very abridged flight report: Took her briefly around the Solomons. Looks great and flies very nicely in P3Dv4.1!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Didn't quite escape.
    I need to try and find out which ones were based out of the top of Northern Ireland with RAF Coastal Command and paint one up...

Thanks for the work so far!

Ian P.

Hello Milton,

-Good, very beautiful model!
    I reused a Japanese texture that I liked, I gain fluidity of display on my poor I3 !

I also reused some modifications of the old version in the vc!

Well also seen the enslavement of the movement of the guns of the turret with the landing gear!
    Congratulations to you and the team!
    cordially

Alain

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post

Lovely! Buttery frames on the Ordovician epoch box I use, looks good glitch-wise. Other than the whiskey compass, as noted above, I found that the instrument panels display 'on top' of the glass looking in over the shoulder on the external model. A material setting needs a nudge. In MCX, I'd check the 'blend by diffuse alpha' box. Presumably, it's a different value in GMAX. Same setting as the rest of the interiors, I suppose. That's the only glitch I noted. Superb hand flyer. I never got 'round to installing the port-overs, so this was a pleasant surprise. Glad I waited.
    That's great to hear Lazarus. Yes, on the list to correct, hopefully today. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    I need to try and find out which ones were based out of the top of Northern Ireland with RAF Coastal Command and paint one up...

Thanks for the work so far!

Ian P.
    Thanks! Look forward to any paint you want to sling

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello Milton,

-Good, very beautiful model!
    I reused a Japanese texture that I liked, I gain fluidity of display on my poor I3 !

I also reused some modifications of the old version in the vc!

Well also seen the enslavement of the movement of the guns of the turret with the landing gear!
    Congratulations to you and the team!
    cordially

Alain
    Thank you Alain; happy that its working well for you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Very abridged flight report: Took her briefly around the Solomons. Looks great and flies very nicely in P3Dv4.1!
    Thanks expat; good news to hear
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, you and your team are amazing!!! Thanks to all.....

Got a few more observations for you, Milton.

My default flight, BTW, is cold and dark at my local airport. When I loaded up the Bare Metal model, the pilot and copilot were still at the local latte' stand getting their coffee while the turret gunner was still in the aircraft. He must have frozen off his backside since it was around 20 degrees Fahrenheit last night.

Anyways, after takeoff and setting the autopilot I played around with some of the switches (again). Is the "tank drop" arrow on the panel supposed to do anything? I switched over to another model and couldn't see where anything dropped when I activated the switch.

Only other thing is that the planes can use some cockpit and instrument lighting. One flight started at dusk, so I turned on all the lights but could barely see the panel and gauges.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

hi

Semi stupid question

will we get the CIV mopdel in FSX Native as well ?

Thanks

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    hi

Semi stupid question

will we get the CIV mopdel in FSX Native as well ?

Thanks

Roland
    Hi Roland :-)

Yes, as mentioned in #42 post above.

"The Painters' Release and Limited Beta is posted.

Includes four "C" models; the "D" models will come a little later.
    The only "C" model differences are in weapons.
    Texture mapping is the same for these four models.
    The civilian model will also come later."
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Hi Roland :-)

Yes, as mentioned in #42 post above.

"The Painters' Release and Limited Beta is posted.

Includes four "C" models; the "D" models will come a little later.
    The only "C" model differences are in weapons.
    Texture mapping is the same for these four models.
    The civilian model will also come later."
    Thanks uncle Milton

Better late then never

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Thanks uncle Milton

Better late then never

Roland
    You bet; it takes time for each model. Matter of fact is I am still working on the "C" model and will be for 2-3 more days.

Lots of parts, animations, mouse rectangle tags, visibility tags, textures, new custom xml, etc. to deal with along with model differences.

The CIV and "D" model will go more quickly.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Nice Harpoon
    Looks like the gun in the top turret elevate at ~120/125 - just like the B26 guns. I flew the Attu Warrior, very nice looking color.
    Would like an option to raise/lower guns or rotate whole turret assemble - if possible.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Nice Harpoon
    Looks like the gun in the top turret elevate at ~120/125 - just like the B26 guns. I flew the Attu Warrior, very nice looking color.
    Would like an option to raise/lower guns or rotate whole turret assemble - if possible.

Thanks.
    Still adding features but now have the turret with more animation and range, droppable wing tanks, more cockpit features ... but the superchargers bit me ... or rather the engines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-feb-24-002.jpg   ms-2018-feb-24-003.jpg   ms-2018-feb-24-008.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Got a few more observations for you, Milton.

My default flight, BTW, is cold and dark at my local airport. When I loaded up the Bare Metal model, the pilot and copilot were still at the local latte' stand getting their coffee while the turret gunner was still in the aircraft. He must have frozen off his backside since it was around 20 degrees Fahrenheit last night.

Anyways, after takeoff and setting the autopilot I played around with some of the switches (again). Is the "tank drop" arrow on the panel supposed to do anything? I switched over to another model and couldn't see where anything dropped when I activated the switch.

Only other thing is that the planes can use some cockpit and instrument lighting. One flight started at dusk, so I turned on all the lights but could barely see the panel and gauges.
    WH, I have not yet redone the night lighting but its on the list. Thanks.

The Tank drop arrow was a carry over and has been replaced by a cockpit 3D switch.

The Turret gunner visibility issue has been corrected.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Icon28 harpoon,ventura,loadstar

Would be very interstead in these aircraft, and with you doing them I know will be great like all your other plains

Hey Milton, couple "painter" questions. I know we're working from FS9 paint kit but there are a couple things to look at. See the attached screen shots.

1. H-tail - fuselage fairing / mating on the topside leading edge/fuselage fairing doesn't seem to be mapped.

2. Same as above but H-tail bottom fuselage mate.

3. "eng_1" (right engine) bottom cowl flap demarc and mate with cowling fairly large gap compare to the left engine same area.

4. Starboard side aft window has a wedge shape "bleed" of fuselage color from upper left corner diagonally down and right to the center of the window.

That's all for now, thanks,

Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-2018-feb-24-008.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	58530 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-2018-feb-24-007.jpg 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	58531

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	58532 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-2018-feb-24-003.jpg 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	58528
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Bobr2 View Post
    Would be very interstead in these aircraft, and with you doing them I know will be great like all your other plains
    All of Milton and team's planes are great! I have flown many of the FS2004 aircraft he and his team made, in FSX. The rane in Spane falls mainly on the planes.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Hey Milton, couple "painter" questions. I know we're working from FS9 paint kit but there are a couple things to look at. See the attached screen shots.

1. H-tail - fuselage fairing / mating on the topside leading edge/fuselage fairing doesn't seem to be mapped.

2. Same as above but H-tail bottom fuselage mate.

3. "eng_1" (right engine) bottom cowl flap demarc and mate with cowling fairly large gap compare to the left engine same area.

4. Starboard side aft window has a wedge shape "bleed" of fuselage color from upper left corner diagonally down and right to the center of the window.

That's all for now, thanks,

Steve

Thanks for those observations Steve.

See the attached tails template, top center; it is there but was not included in the paint kit or Nigel's textures for some reason. Maybe it was added later; not sure.

I'll investigate the other issues.

EDIT: Cowling/Nacelles areas corrected; glass is actually poly issue shown in reflection at certain sun angles. Will need to smooth that up.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Steve,

I believe you were displaying the TGH model (Turret, guns, hard-points), so I have updated that model with the corrections, and more.
    I might add that I added the external tanks hard-points as well to this model.

The glass was totally rebuilt but in a certain sun angle reflection, one can see a sliver across the top. Probably the best I can do without some fuselage adjustments.

Attached is a model replacement folder for the TGH model.
    Anyone is welcome to download this as well.

I have quite a few VC changes in progress so will hold off other model updates for a day or so.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; February 24th, 2018 at 18:35.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Steve,

I believe you were displaying the TGH model (Turret, guns, hard-points), so I have updated that model with the corrections, and more.
    I might add that I added the external tanks hard-points as well to this model.

The glass was totally rebuilt but in a certain sun angle reflection, one can see a sliver across the top. Probably the best I can do without some fuselage adjustments.

Attached is a model replacement folder for the TGH model.
    Anyone is welcome to download this as well.

I have quite a few VC changes in progress so will hold off other model updates for a day or so.
    Milton, thanks for looking at these. You are correct regarding the model, TGH. Sorry I didn't list that in the report. Sometimes I forget you give us so many choices! I tend to fly one type once I settle in and stick with it. I will try to do better if I run across anything else.

Thanks,

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Milton, thanks for looking at these. You are correct regarding the model, TGH. Sorry I didn't list that in the report. Sometimes I forget you give us so many choices! I tend to fly one type once I settle in and stick with it. I will try to do better if I run across anything else.

Thanks,

Steve
    Steve, not a problem Sir.

I have updated all the models with basically the same munitions so everything shows on all models.
    That is, all models have turret, guns, hard points, rockets, torpedoes, and external tanks. No bombs yet.
    Turret animation is similar to the B-26 but with greater freedom of movement (still a WIP).

Eventually, I hope to allow you to select what you want once loaded so we can reduce the number of models.

Right now you can drop the external tanks. I am working on rockets now, and bombs later.

If you want these updates applied so far (optionally), here is a link to download them.

Includes new model folders, panel.cfg, new textures for night lighting.

The things you mentioned have been corrected.

Several VC switch changes for yoke visibility, tank drop, fuel pump switches (moved to ECU), added mouse tool tips, indicator light for bomb bay doors open, etc.
    Wellis is working on re-doing the panel and ecu text labels and more.
    So for now, you'll just have to rely on tool tips.

There is nothing really urgent about the updates so you can hold off as you wish as changes are being made daily.

But if you wish, here is is the update link:

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...HarpUpdts1.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I am interested in the updated Lockheeds for FSX, I would be keen to try my skins on the native PV-2 and modify them where necessary. I woulld be keen to do some skins for the Ventura after it's been updated to FSX native standards...while I'm on the subject of the Ventura, Milton would it be possible to update the rear cockpit walls of the Ventura too? These back walls were solid and not open like in the Harpoon. Same kind of door way shape but with solid walls on each side.. just needs some polys to fill in the holes!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    I am interested in the updated Lockheeds for FSX, I would be keen to try my skins on the native PV-2 and modify them where necessary. I woulld be keen to do some skins for the Ventura after it's been updated to FSX native standards...while I'm on the subject of the Ventura, Milton would it be possible to update the rear cockpit walls of the Ventura too? These back walls were solid and not open like in the Harpoon. Same kind of door way shape but with solid walls on each side.. just needs some polys to fill in the holes!
    Hi Mark, great to hear from you.

Do you have any pictures of the Ventura interior that you describe?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 3