Lockheed Harpoon, Ventura, and Lodestar - Native

Thread: Lockheed Harpoon, Ventura, and Lodestar - Native

Hybrid View

Lockheed Harpoon, Ventura, and Lodestar - Native

I have started the Lockheed Harpoon FSX native conversion and have the textures converted to use FSX materials.

Unfortunately, to get the textures to show as well as they did on FS9, I have to really skew the material settings.

If I change the materials that way, it will limit the capabilities for the kind of work done on the A-20 and B-26.

If I change the material settings to take full advantage of FSX capabilities, that would invalidate all textures created for the FS9 models.
    The existing Nigel paint kit however would work fine, I think.

So, now to my question.

Is there enough interest by you to give the Harpoon the same kind of treatment the A-20 and B-26 got?

Be honest about your interest. If "No", that's fine with me and I will not take that FSX material course of action.

I do not want to go there if the interest is not peaking on the scale.

This same question can answer for the Ventura and Lodestars.

Thanks for your guidance in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-feb-16-011.jpg   ms-2018-feb-16-012.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I have started the Lockheed Harpoon FSX native conversion and have the textures converted to use FSX materials.

Unfortunately, to get the textures to show as well as they did on FS9, I have to really skew the material settings.

If I change the materials that way, it will limit the capabilities for the kind of work done on the A-20 and B-26.

If I change the material settings to take full advantage of FSX capabilities, that would invalidate all textures created for the FS9 models.
    The existing Nigel paint kit however would work fine, I think.

So, now to my question.

Is there enough interest by you to give the Harpoon the same kind of treatment the A-20 and B-26 got?

Be honest about your interest. If "No", that's fine with me and I will not take that FSX material course of action.

I do not want to go there if the interest is not peaking on the scale.

This same question can answer for the Ventura and Lodestars.

Thanks for your guidance in advance.

Hello Milton,
    I'm interested, I will take my textures to stick with the new models Harpoon, Ventura and Lodestars.
    Regards
    Marty

I'm interested, if only because a native FSX aircraft will usually fly in P3D V4 without any problems (unless they are using 32bit C++ gauges of course).
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Milton, I'm interested in doing some repaints. However, I doubt it would be at the same level (read that quantity) I did (am doing) the B-26, mainly due to lack of resources limiting the subject pool. I'm speaking of military subjects only, specifically USN.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

South of Possum Lodge in the 6ix, somewhere near YKZ
    Hi Milton:

I'd be interested in the full FSX treatment as well. I don't used P3Cv4 yet, but am most likely getting it, and the Lodestar is one of my favourite planes to fly. Also, the Ventura was used by the RAF, RCAF and BCATP, so I will want to do some repaints for my own use (unless Duckie does them first).

Thanks.

JD

I am interested as well Milton... :-)

I'd certainly appreciate a full make over Milton, as I'm finding a lot of the native FSX projects work in P3D4.
    However, only if you can get enough support and not overload your schedule would I say a big 'Yes'.
    I've always been fond of the 'Art Deco' civil versions.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Icon22 Reply...

Duckie,

I'm getting the same thing...time to PM Milton!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks for the responses so far.

It's not quantity I am looking for. If I change the materials for full FSX support, I would have no liveries to test the changes or to release with the package (s).

If there is interest to use the new materials setup (like the Marauder and Havoc) for FSX, then I can proceed with the conversions.

I will release a Painter's package when ready to help start the process and it can evolve from there as you have time and motivation to do so.

I am not looking for commitments here, just genuine interest. Since the conversions of these models are quite involved, I wish to assess interest before 100's of hours of investment.

The Harpoon has three models, the Ventura two models, and the Lodestar has 4 models - that's why the hours required is large.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Milton, I am interested also. Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 5