Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planes I'd like to see in FS2004

Planes I'd like to see in FS2004

Waco SRE

Travel Air Model 'R'

Super Solution LC-DW500

Pitcarin Mailwing

Hall Bulldog
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Waco SRE - none that I know of, but Paul Clawson's YCK has the same general configuration as an SRE, so that might hold you until someone does an SRE.

Travel Air Model 'R' - it's crude, but you can add a panel and sounds to the AI one that comes with Golden Wings.

Super Solution - nicely done by A.F. Scrub, should be at FlightSim.com

Pitcairn Mailwing - that's been on my list too, like since forever.

Hall Bulldog - another done by Scrubby. May be listed on the download list at FlightSim.com by its proper name, Springfield Bulldog.

So of the five on your list, there are two good models, one very similar type, and a rough hack-up. I'd love to see a really good Travel Air R and a Pitcairn Mailwing.

Icon9

Gents,
    Just Flight do an FSX/P3D Pitcairn Mailwing. Unfortunately it is an FSX native, so no go in Fs9 (but could be made to easily..)

The same for the Travel Air R..a beaut of a model (native FSX!) done by Golden Age Simulations

Both great models but not for Fs9...

Cheers

Shessi

The Martin XB-48 Bomber, The B-25B Tokyo Raider

Casey

Quote Originally Posted by casey jones View Post
    The Martin XB-48 Bomber, The B-25B Tokyo Raider

Casey
    If you can make do without a VC, there's a model in John Young's AI B-25 set that's configured like the early model used in the Doolittle raid. You can add a 2D panel and sounds, edit the AIR file (or replace the flight files with one from a flyabe B-25) and make it flyable. It's easy to make an appropriate skin from one of the OD skins that come with the set. I made one so I could park a bunch of them on the deck of the Hornet in the VN's Task Force 16, and while I was at it I made me a flyable version.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

or to re-phrase the title; Aircraft I would like to build...

Life's often full of deliciously conflicting dilemmas...

What does one do next?

You're itching to do a pretty twin that meets all your personal parameters of aesthetics, intrinsic value, inspiration;

On the other hand, there are a couple of little beauties you've been eyeing up and collecting data on for what seems like eternity.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails airspeed_oxford_1.jpg   1923-p100928-FaireyFlyCat.jpg   tn_Gauntlet-01.jpg  
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    As different as chalk and cheese, there are always the ones you have lived, breathed, and admired in real life that you wish to convey with your own personal interpretation and touch...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fairey_Swordfish_taking_off_from_HMS_Tracker_1943.jpg   folland-gnat.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries

Or there are life's love affairs...

The irrational, inexplicable relationship that spontaneously ignites and then haunts every aeronautical thought you will ever live.
    You are from that moment, subconsciously bonded to everything of that bittersweet obsession.

Every wing, every line of rivets, every rush of sound...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sf1.jpg   sf2.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

There's a coincidence Nigel - I'm in the middle of building that 'pretty twin' as a follow-on from my recent Airspeed Envoy release.
    Would'nt want folks holding their breath though - there's a way to go before the Oxford appears on the tarmac.
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by molyned View Post
    There's a coincidence Nigel - I'm in the middle of building that 'pretty twin' as a follow-on from my recent Airspeed Envoy release.
    Would'nt want folks holding their breath though - there's a way to go before the Oxford appears on the tarmac.
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)
    Pleased to see you're onto her, Dave - better get myself a different 'pretty twin' methinks. LOL
    If you have poly space, I have a spare pair of Lynx in good working order.

Cheers, Nigel

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Oh... you had to go and post a pic of our beloved Sea Fury, Nigel. I know that one has been on your back shelf for a long while. My vote goes for completion of that project... (but that's JMO!)

And there's PROOF that the T.Mk.20 did have a retractable tail wheel!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

SOH-CM-2023
    What Id like to see:

SU-57

J-31

J-20

I know they are new but that can kind of give some latitude on cockpit designs. Id also like to see a F-35 update, but thats out of scope for this thread

Sean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1200px-J-20_at_Airshow_China_2016.jpg   J-31Sold-735x413.jpg   su-57default.jpg  

Thanks Nigel -
    If you have poly space, I have a spare pair of Lynx in good working order.
    Poly space ! Unfortunately I doubt it. I modelled 3D Lynx engines for the MK2 Envoy but had to switch to a simpler scheme for the MK3 when the count went above 62k. I lost my nerve !.
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

My list is so long that I don't even know where to start, but I will be happy with all aircraft which are made

Cheers,
    Huub

The perennial on my list is the original Vought Corsair series, O2U/O3U/SU, which I now have some reasonable hope of seeing at some indeterminate point in the future.

I'm with Stoney on the Travel Air R and the Pitcairn Mailwing, and a Laird Solution would be great to go with Scrubby's Super Solution. In the same vein, a Wedell-Williams would be nice to have, and maybe a Keith Rider.

The whirlybird I most wish for is a Sikorsky S-56/HR2S/H-37 Mohave. (A new H-21 would be great too; we have one but it seems to be overscale and towers over other aircraft and buildings when it's on the ramp.)

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by molyned View Post
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)
    After that the Civvy version - Consul?
    Keith

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Oh... you had to go and post a pic of our beloved Sea Fury, Nigel. I know that one has been on your back shelf for a long while. My vote goes for completion of that project... (but that's JMO!)

And there's PROOF that the T.Mk.20 did have a retractable tail wheel!

BB686
    If ever a Test Pilot deserved seeing his dream, it would be you, Tom! :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

How about a good B-17C or D? Thanks Mick I now have the Super Solution and the Hall. I do have GW3 but can't find the Model "R" ai.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    How about a good B-17C or D? Thanks Mick I now have the Super Solution and the Hall. I do have GW3 but can't find the Model "R" ai.
    It's a stock GW3 Ai plane so you must have it. I've fiddled with mine, including a name change of the aircraft folder to fit my own naming conventions, so I don't remember what Bill Lyons called it in the original release. Likewise, my GW traffic file has been so edited and fiddled with that I can't even tell you what it's called in the stock GW traffic file.

It might be called TAR, or TRA AI, or Mystery Ship.

To make sure you have it, go to Cleveland and see if you have the Gee Bee R and the Travel Air R taking off and zooming around the course. Like in this scrap view of the GW image incliuded with the download:

Once you know you have it, a little time and determination should let you identify it in your GW aircraft folder and work the required mods to make it flyable.

Once you know you have it, a bit of determined searching should identify it in your GW aircraft folder so you can work the required mods to make it flyable.

If you don't have it, let me know (PM with your e-address) and I'll send you a copy of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    I have Gramps (FDG2) source code for the unfinished B-17 C or D (can't remember which.) He said to do with it what I wanted. But I only wanted it for reference as I don't do GMax, just FSDS2. There is no VC yet but he chucked in the VC from the later marks. I've asked before to no takers, but if anyone wants to see this thing through to completion stick me a PM.

Jamie

Oh heck yes Mick, it was there as: GWTAR. Must have looked past it 20 times. Seems so obvious now.

Hands down the Flycatcher!
    The ancient Chris Herring(?) version is still in my GW3 variation but a new one would be great.
    And so colorful.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Hands down the Flycatcher!
    The ancient Chris Herring(?) version is still in my GW3 variation but a new one would be great.
    And so colorful.
    This is the (originally) FS2002 model by Frank Elton. Its still looks very nice after all these years. Frank Elton made several models which I would love to see redone for FS2004.

Cheers,
    Huub

Any of the Early B-17's

I'll chime in here and say, I'd dearly love to see a set of the early models -- beginning with the Model 299 through the F model.

RAAF A62 CAC CA-15 "Kangaroo"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CA_15.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members who have read this thread: 0