Planes I'd like to see in FS2004 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planes I'd like to see in FS2004

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    RAAF A62 CAC CA-15 "Kangaroo"
    Shees!

Looks like a P-51 on steroids with an attitude!

See you at Reno, Matey!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    RAAF A62 CAC CA-15 "Kangaroo"
    That's what you get when you crossbreed a Thunderbolt with a Mustang

Cheers,
    Huub

I have a bit of a left field choice, Supermarine Stranraer

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...aer_6_ExCC.jpg[/img]

Ttfn

Pete
    Last edited by Motormouse; February 25th, 2018 at 02:04.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    That's what you get when you crossbreed a Thunderbolt with a Mustang

Cheers,
    Huub
    Okay, which one was big Daddy?

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    I have a bit of a left field choice, Supermarine Stranraer

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...aer_6_ExCC.jpg[/img]

Ttfn

Pete
    Aye to that one, Pete!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Couple more

Here are a couple more that I can't believe slipped my mind when I posted earlier:

Douglas Dolphin. Widely used in the civilian sphere, also by the U.S. Navy and the Army Air Corps. I believe all Dolphins were externally the same, so a single model could wear a varriety of skins.

Loening "Shoehorn" amphibians. Also used in civilian service as well as by the U.S. Army and Navy, but in a wide variety of variants with both in-line and radial engines, different tail assemblies and other differences. It would require a set of models to fully cover the type, but even just one of them would be great to have.

An idea for me, sorry if I mentioned one other time... but I wish for the breguet 941 for fs2004. I wonder if Erwin Welker could make it.

Members +
    I enjoy tri-motors, & what is missing from our collection is a turbo tri-motored DC-3!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conroy_Tri-Turbo-Three

Last edited by zswobbie1; February 25th, 2018 at 10:52.

Speaking of tri-motors, how about the Northrop YC-125 raider?!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

At one point I remember a CAC CA-15 Kangaroo for FS9, I had (have) one at some point, can't remember who did the model but it was a real hot rod in the sim. I shined it up a bit and put a spiffy new Rolls Royce Griffon 61 Engine sound set in her. A joy to fly but by todays standards.... a bit dated. Often called "The Aussie version of the P-51 Mustang" as the two looked very much alike.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Search CA-15 over at Flightsim. I thought I'd downloaded it at some time, this one was put up by Scrub ten years ago.

Yeah that's the one... Scrubby updated the original model by Nick McColl with gun sounds.... but I had the original plane for a long time. May have been a CFS2 version also.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Planes I'd like to see in FS2004

Hallo every body, every body hello,

as the title says the planes I would like to see - - -
    some french and german planes in the quality as Milton with his team or Nigel does.
    The french and german aeronautic history is full of planes that might be interesting.
    Srubby began to work on a He 111 with Merlin engines. But after he sended me sme prototype , the projekt has fallen to forget.
    Ther where some probs as example that the cockpit of the spanish version was quiet differend than of the german versions.
    But there a lot of other interesting models in the history - but none existing in Miltons and Nigels quality for FS2004 - I'm really sorry about.
    I know that docs are a bit more difficult to obtain as here those who sit on the interesting docs are not as "sporty" as the anglo-americans - sad isn't it?
    Yours
    Papi

Quote Originally Posted by darrenvox View Post
    douglas b-10 bolo
    avro c-102 jetliner
    there's more...
    Paul Clawson made a B-10 some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Paul Clawson made a B-10 some time ago.
    Yep its available at Flightsim.com. There is a FS2000 version, a fs2002/Fs2004 verison and even a version released for FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo every body, every body hello,

as the title says the planes I would like to see - - -
    some french and german planes in the quality as Milton with his team or Nigel does.
    The french and german aeronautic history is full of planes that might be interesting........
    I fully agree with that Papi. One of the best looking WWII fighters, at least in my opinion, is the Dewoitine D.520. I think its the typical WWII fighter a kid would draw. Long nose like a racer and shapes which make a Spitfire look ugly. An aircraft which seems to be taken directly from a comic book. For FS2004 I still use the model made for FS8 by Jean-Marie Mermaz. The model was absolutely stunning in 2002, but 16 years later the model is really outdated.

There are many very talented French model designers. But somehow they often stick to GA aircraft and very interesting aircraft like the MS.406, Dewoitine D.520, Bloch MB.152 Arsenal VG 33 hardly get the attention they deserve.

As many CFS2 models are often compatible with FS2004 there are many models available. However most of them not in the quality we are used to today.

Its a pity, but flying a Douglas A20 or Tutor is not bad either

Cheers,
    Huub

Etrich or Rumpler Taube.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    The main model I would like too see in fs9 is an Antonov 8.

Steve

SOH-CM-2024
    Hello-
    I'm on board with those who would be happy with whatever comes down to us... and I think it was Papi that commented about lots of vintage French and German subjects out there to try... very true... for example, the Baumer B.4/ B.4a Sausewind...
    That being said, I would get a kick out of seeing properly done examples of the Fairey Fantome, Hall-Springfield Bulldog, Arado Ar-240... Yes, these are out there, but they are either very old models that have been warmed over and tweaked or otherwise need some sort of help...
    Of course, I could just shut up, chain myself to my desktop system and learn Blender or Gmax... somehow get these things out of my head and into a sim... would that I could... real life would certainly argue with me just now...
    Cheers- Mike Z.

Since we are dreaming. . .
    Me? Tora Zekes,Kates,and Vals(aka modified BTs and 6s).

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Since we are dreaming. . .
    Me? Tora Zekes,Kates,and Vals(aka modified BTs and 6s).
    My father was a Navy Flight Instructor at Pensacola, Corpus Christi, and North Island in the day of the SNJ's. When we went and saw Tora Tora Tora! when it first came out, he was constantly pointing out how the "Japanese" planes, weren't. Kinda funny, especially considering his record in the Navy...

When I was over at MCAS Iwakuni, I was trying out a new running route, and I came across a hardened aircraft shelter with an actual Zero from back in WWII inside. Not restored or anything, just...stored, sadly. They did have a little sign outside telling what it was, though, and there was a lot of glass on the door across the opening where the plane would exit the shelter. The glass was filthy, the skylight glass thy'd cut into the ceiling was worse. There were spider webs all over too. Really a sad sight...

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 0