FSX carrier ops capability?

Thread: FSX carrier ops capability?

FSX carrier ops capability?

A friend of mine has the FSX boxed version. Fast internet is not available where he lives, so FSX-SE is not a option.

I had sent him both my FSX and Acceleration boxed editions, but for some reason he was not able to get Acces Acceleration installed and activated. It's one of those things where it's been so long since I messed with Fsx-O that I can't remember how to fix such problems.

But my question is.....what can be do to be able to do carrier ops without installing Acceleration?

Thanks, NC

As far as I know, the best he can do is a setup similar to FS9, where carriers are actually stationary scenery's. I am not sure if the FS9 carrier scenery's will work in FSX (no Accel) or not. I am pretty sure there is one for FSX specifically, at Rooseveldt Roads, Puerto Rico, and that it comes with instructions on how to place it other locations, but I won't swear to it.
    I may swear AT it, but not TO it

I am pretty sure that such carriers are landable, but I believe you will need RCBO-30.zip to make the cables and catapults work properly. I may well be wrong on this point, however.

Sorry, not much help, but the best I can offer.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    A friend of mine has the FSX boxed version. Fast internet is not available where he lives, so FSX-SE is not a option.

I had sent him both my FSX and Acceleration boxed editions, but for some reason he was not able to get Acces Acceleration installed and activated. It's one of those things where it's been so long since I messed with Fsx-O that I can't remember how to fix such problems.

But my question is.....what can be do to be able to do carrier ops without installing Acceleration?

Thanks, NC
    Hi Chief,

If it's a matter of not being able to activate Acceleration, have your friend try this:

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
    2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
    E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
    5. Close Registry Editor
    6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

I was able to do carrier landings with FSX with SP2. No CAT shots, though!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I thought SP2 provided the same results, sans adding the Hornet?

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Hi Chief,

If it's a matter of not being able to activate Acceleration, have your friend try this:

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
    2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
    E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
    5. Close Registry Editor
    6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

I was able to do carrier landings with FSX with SP2. No CAT shots, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I thought SP2 provided the same results, sans adding the Hornet?
    Nope, Acceleration provides the necessary key commands for things like raising a launch bar and firing the catapult.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

mR. zIPPY'S FIX WILL WORK. yOUR FRIEND WILL BE ABLE TO ACTIVATE ACCELERATION. iT'S A WELL KNOWN BUG.

Members who have read this thread: 0