Anyone else watching the Daytona TV Commercial 500?

Thread: Anyone else watching the Daytona TV Commercial 500?

Anyone else watching the Daytona TV Commercial 500?

Yeah, I'm watching tv commercials on Fox and they seem to occasionally interrupt the commercials with a bunch of cars going 200 mph around a big oval track. Now tell me, who wants to see tv commercials interrupted by something as boring as 40 cars all bunched up and going nearly 200 mph?

Seriously bad coverage of the Daytona 500 by Fox.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hey All,

Doesn't seem to be as bad here in Canada on TSN.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

There must come a point when it is counter productive. They probably have fancy algorithms for calculating. For me though I gave up watching F1 because of the constant ads on TV.

I'm so out of touch now..... is Fangio still World Champion?
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Icon2

I'll take that finish!
    Sucks for Kasey - would be nice for him to bring a small racing team into the limelight.....

Two thirds commercials, one third racing. I am just glad that they didn't cut to commercial on the last lap! On another note: The new aero package really sucks! No rear down force. All you have to do is breath on these cars to spin them, then you have 10 or 20 cars torn up. I watch racing to see just that, not to watch wrecks and lap after lap under caution. If NASCAR thinks that more wrecks will bring better ratings, they are barking up the wrong tree.

The TV broadcast for NASCAR in France only shows one commercial pause for the whole race, and it always takes place during a caution.

Formula 1 is broadcasted by a pay TV channel, and there is ZERO commercials during the races.

Poor American motorsports fans. You pay to watch AND you get more commercials than racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post

ok some great interviews there.first Bubba..wow what can i say,i got tears from watching that,at first my thought was,,why bring up the fact hes black?..who cares anymore,were all human,just humans can look different on the outside,but were all the same inside.(and yes there have been some great achievements by blacks,Tuskegee airmen for one huh? but the black lives mater thing pisses me off,with rap music telling blacks to kill cops and the open hatred,can you blame cops for being fast to the gun/ i cant)then mom came up ,was hard to hear them,but i could make some of it out,then she says,we won! and his reaction to it all,,wow,just wow,ive always thought he was good,but now i know it.after Larson crashed i started to listen to race view(i already was listening to the 42) and the 43s radio,well i skipped back n forth from the 10 to the 43,but the 43 was who i wanted to hear,im glad i stuck with him.Amerola is also a fav of mine,hes had to work hard to get where he is too,and hes a minority being Cuban,i watched a segment on one of the prerace shows about him visiting relatives in Cuba for the first time,that was awesome,and i was pulling for him,that would have been a great story too! i dont care much for Austin Dillon,i feel he was a bit spoiled and was given things he really didnt earn,i admit hes good and im happy for his win,but like Dale Jr,he just isnt what hes hiped up as.

then Hamlin getting so emotional about the kid with the gocart.seems we have a more emotional group here,but thats just fine with me,my fathers age of men not showing emotion is gone for the most part,nothing wrong with being human.
    and then bowman and the riddler..that was funny.

Members who have read this thread: 0