FS-Cast Boeing B-17 Twelve O'Clock High FSX Repaint.zip

Thread: FS-Cast Boeing B-17 Twelve O'Clock High FSX Repaint.zip

FS-Cast Boeing B-17 Twelve O'Clock High FSX Repaint.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

Description: This is my FS-Cast Boeing B-17 repaint from the 1946 film, Twelve O'Clock High. Starring Gregory Peck. This aircraft is shown making a belly landing in the beginning of the movie.

Paul Mantz, Hollywood's leading stunt pilot, was paid the then-unprecedented sum of $4,500 to crash-land a B-17 bomber for one early scene in the film. Frank Tallman, Mantz' partner in Tallmantz Aviation, wrote in his autobiography that, while many B-17s had been landed by one pilot, as far as he knew this flight was the first time that a B-17 ever took off with only one pilot and no other crew; nobody was sure that it could be done.

Paul Mantz died on July 8, 1965 while working on the movie The Flight of the Phoenix, produced and directed by Robert Aldrich. Flying a very unusual aircraft, the Tallmantz Phoenix P-1 built especially for the film, Mantz struck a small hillock while skimming over a desert site in Arizona for a second take. As Mantz attempted to recover by opening the throttle to its maximum, the over-stressed aircraft broke in two and nosed over into the ground, killing Mantz instantly.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS-Cast Boeing B-17 Twelve O'Clock High FSX Repaint.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

G or F?

Sorry, I don't want to be a killjoy but the novel and the movie took place before the G version was in Europe. Your aircraft is a G model while the aircraft in the movie were representing F models. The G had the chin turret while the F did not. I know, in reality, the aircraft that were used were probably G models, but they had the turret removed to make them look like F's.

Members who have read this thread: 2