Question to the wise!

Thread: Question to the wise!

Question to the wise!

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying the WOP II Spitfire http://www.pcaviator.com/store/produ...cat=608&page=1

However, I already have the WOP Fighter collection containing Zero, Me109 and Spitfire. Is the WOP II Spitfire any different to the one in the collection? The WOP II Mustang was a definite improvement over the WOP P-51D.

Another question: How do the Virtavia T-6 Texan and the SkyUnlimited Productions T-6 compare? I have the latter which is quite good, but almost no skins available! The Virtavia seems much more popular. However, in all screenshots the VC glass seems fairly opaque/greyish which for me is an absolute turn-off in any addon aircraft as in RW you can see out of even a heavily tinted canopy without feeling you are looking through a fog.

Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sascha

For FS9, I believe there is only one offering, the (WoP) WWII FIGHTERS Spitfire Mk.1. If there is a separate WoP Spitfire for FS9, I didn't know about that.
    I have the WWII FIGHTERS Spitfire Mk.1 and I love it, excellent detailing, accurate FDE (from what I have researched about the plane), and absolutely jaw dropping visuals. Not to mention very easy on frame rates. Lots of repaints too.

I also have the Virtavia T-6 Texan, but not the Sky Unlimited one. Once I flew the Virtavia model, I saw no other reason to pursue another payware T-6 model. I flew Wozza's T-6 for years before I bought the Virtavia Texan. I never had issues with the cockpit glass on the Virtavia bird... but I'm running a custom envmap on my gamming PC.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    For FS9, I believe there is only one offering, the (WoP) WWII FIGHTERS Spitfire Mk.1. If there is a separate WoP Spitfire for FS9, I didn't know about that.
    I have the WWII FIGHTERS Spitfire Mk.1 and I love it, excellent detailing, accurate FDE (from what I have researched about the plane), and absolutely jaw dropping visuals. Not to mention very easy on frame rates. Lots of repaints too.

I also have the Virtavia T-6 Texan, but not the Sky Unlimited one. Once I flew the Virtavia model, I saw no other reason to pursue another payware T-6 model. I flew Wozza's T-6 for years before I bought the Virtavia Texan. I never had issues with the cockpit glass on the Virtavia bird... but I'm running a custom envmap on my gamming PC.

BB686

Thanks for your reply! I have the WWII FIGHTERS Spitfire Mk.1 one too, but the WOP II looks a bit different from the screenshots... The A2A fighter planes all seem to be around in different versions or editions and it's very difficult to find the differences.

The SkyUnlimited Texan is very good, but the VC is somewhat blandly textured, although it is very well modelled. Something lacking overal that I can't put my finger on, I don't roll it out very often.

Sascha,

I can can confirm what Blackbird said above. The WOP II Spitfire is the same as the WWII fighters one with the free 1.2 update ( http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6280 ).

The Virtavia T6 is a very nice model and like Blackbird I can't recall I ever had any problems with the cockpit glass. The model is a typical late Alphasim model. Looks nice, is not too complicated to fly, but there is also some room for improvement. But the model is, like all Alphasim models, definitely worth the money. (As I am not to complicated, and not a hard-core virtual pilot I like this type of models )

The Skyunlimited model looks quite nice as well, but like Blackbird I don't have any real experience with this model, so I can't tell you how they compare. When the Skyunlimited model is the same quality as the P-51 package of Skyunlimited, I think I would prefer the Alphasim model. But that's pure my personal taste.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Sascha,
    The WOP II Spitfire is the same as the WWII fighters one with the free 1.2 update ( http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6280 ).

The Virtavia T6 is a very nice model and like Blackbird I can't recall I ever had any problems with the cockpit glass. The model is a typical late Alphasim model. Looks nice, is not too complicated to fly, but there is also some room for improvement. But the model is, like all Alphasim models, definitely worth the money. (As I am not to complicated, and not a hard-core virtual pilot I like this type of models )

Cheers,
    Huub
    Can't install the update - it says I don't own the retail box. Which is probably true, I think i got a download version. Might even have been one of the Solo versions, not a pack at all. I can't find the Zero anyway, so this is probably the case. It's all so long ago... Drat A2A and their mess of different versions! Took me ages to update the B-17, I had an older model with tiny pilots until I managed to get the update to work!

Anyway I'm just assuming I have the latest Spitfire version

I just bought the Virtavia Texan over at PC- Aviator, with a coupon bonus it cost me only $12.98 which is a very good deal! Downloading it and a bunch of repaints!

Thanks for your sage advice!
    Sascha

Hi all,

I installed the Virtavia T-6 Texan/Harvard, installed some repaints, did some tweaks and proceeded to retire the SU version!

i found this photoreal repaint by Pablo Diaz, which also includes a retextured VC: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...rchid=62089779

I retextured some parts (based on Mr. Diaz's great work) and removed the rivets to better fit this picture: http://www.bredow-web.de/Luftwaffenm...it_-_vorne.jpg

I sharpened up the main panel a bit and resized and moved the suction gauge which was half outside the cockpit (as can be seen here https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fsvie...e=NEW%20VC.jpg)!

This really is a fun plane, even if it isn't up to the most modern standards. It just pushes my buttons!

Thank you again, all who gave me sage advice!
    Sascha

Members who have read this thread: 1