Grumman Mallard G-73 Goes Gold - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grumman Mallard G-73 Goes Gold

Sorry, I know that is the turbine bird. I also - probably more like - the radial plane ..
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by manecas View Post
    Thank you Milton. Well, been up all night, again!;-) I am a bit rusty when it comes to repaint and convert files in this DDS format...Im using Photoshop and converting the files from there, but Im not happy with the results....so Ill try saving the files as targa files, open that little program, convert them as DX3, and convert them afterwards as BMP. Trial and error....
    Trying not to have those interiors too blurred. Catching up with the times...Im getting old for this...;-)
    Recommend you not use DXT3 at all. You lose too much clarity in the compression.

Save as bmps at your largest 4096 or 2048 in best resolution. I'll send you a batch Imagetool set to convert to DDS/DXT5 for the sim if you wish.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

very nice addition - and I love the new paints too
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

First flight in the "Gold" version is going as expected......Perfectly! Thanks Milton and Team

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mallard to Sitka.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	58315
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Loving the Mallard. I was wondering if any camera definitions are available so the magnificent interiors can be accessed more easily?
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Loving the Mallard. I was wondering if any camera definitions are available so the magnificent interiors can be accessed more easily?
    Give these the ol' college try! http://www.fs2000.org/2016/05/16/fsx...umman-mallard/
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Thank YOU !!!

Thank YOU !!!
    You're welcome! Now it's easier to check out your great interior textures

You're welcome! Now it's easier to check out your great interior textures

You have no idea how this helps ! When texturing the cabin, I had to move inside using the default FS keys, and it (took) takes ages !
    I like to see if the carpet line is all matched with the walls, the bulkheads, etc...
    The shading inside, etc, etc....this is great.
    I say this because I'm still doing new cabin interiors, I mean, not new, just updating them slightly, and creating different sets for the different repaints.
    As I just wrote to Milton, another sleepless night )))

Looks great. I would like to have them as well as any other great work you fellows do.
    Thanks
    Warren

Gentlemen, let's try to keep this radial release thread about the radial and move turboprop discussions to the turboprop release thread here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...FSX-Native-P3D

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Gentlemen, let's try to keep this radial release thread about the radial and move turboprop discussions to the turboprop release thread here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...FSX-Native-P3D

Still finding my ways around here, my bad, just delted that image.

SOH-CM-2020
    A huge thanks to Milton and the rest of the team who brought this to completion

It's absolutely magnificent.

I'm a hopeless radial fanatic, if it's got round engines then I have to have it

Well done to all concerned.

Pete.

Though the whine of a PT-6 spooling up is stirring in other ways, the start up and running sounds of the P&W radials on this bird has me completely addicted. I cannot stop flying this one . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

That's great thanks very much. The camera views enhance and add a whole new dimension to the aircraft. Could they be retrospectively added to the package?
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

You have no idea how this helps ! When texturing the cabin, I had to move inside using the default FS keys, and it (took) takes ages !
    I like to see if the carpet line is all matched with the walls, the bulkheads, etc...
    The shading inside, etc, etc....this is great.
    I say this because I'm still doing new cabin interiors, I mean, not new, just updating them slightly, and creating different sets for the different repaints.
    As I just wrote to Milton, another sleepless night )))
    I find you have to be discreet when checking if the carpet matches the drapes.

Just a couple of quick interior shots since installing the cameras in the aircraft.cfg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interior Mallard.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	58350 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mallard interior.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	58351

Had I known about these .cfg lines before, and the time it would have saved me when doing those textures!
    After finishing a few things in the turbine bitd, Im coming back to this gorgeous too. ;-) Miltons models are all beautifully designed, visually accurate, but the Mallard has been my favorite all these years! Lets see what I can still come up with soon.;-)

For P3Dv2.3+ users who wish to eliminate the transom water drops after water takeoff, do the following:

1) Open the aircraft.cfg
    2) Find the "Lights" section
    3) Comment out these two lines with leading slashes (//)

//light.5=9, -3.350000, -2.720000, -5.250000, SP2112_MALLARD_TRANSOM_DROP //LOGO
    //light.6=9, -3.350000, 2.720000, -5.250000, SP2112_MALLARD_TRANSOM_DROP //LOGO

Sorry, I meant to document this in the release for P3Dv2.3+ users.

The effect can be corrected if you have P3Dv2.3+ and can change effects.
    I do not have P3D so am unable to modify and test it properly.

If you can do this, the effect is called "SP2112_MALLARD_TRANSOM_DROP".
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 1