Thread: Grumman Mallard G-73 Goes Gold

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Excellent! Thanks Milton and your team for this gem
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks, Milton. You are THE MAN......The MYTH.......THE LEGEND! That goes for the whole team!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thank You Milton.

...thank you for the kind words Ive just read in another thread about the Mallard, now closed. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your words of encouragement, and for helping me go further regarding my textures. What I did I did it with love, with passion, is there any other way to do things in life?! But sadly, in a weird and unpleasant way I treated you bad. I went silent...I had no right to do so. I just disapeared. Believe me, nothing personal. I was going through some health problems back in 2015, being home 10 months away from work, FSX all of a sudden was not fun anymore...as with so much more in my life, things stopped being funny, interesting, etc. 2017 was no different sadly....So as Im slowly returning to the hobby ( fired my FSX tonight for the first time in months!!!!) I was looking around google for fsx new models, the Mallard showed up, in a creepy way, ;-) and here I am ( had forgotten my user name and password silly me) Thank you all for your words of support. As I said, slowly coming back. Theres so much I have to catch up with...first I have to download this Gold release and see how it works with my FSX and then, hopefully, doing some repaints...Im a Chalks guy myself!;-) ....again, Milton, two words; Sorry, and Thank you. Hope that everytime you look at that little Swallow you think of me, Im not a bad person deep inside ;-) ....I just come and go now and then...;-)
    So if you guys still think theres a place for me here, I'll stick around.
    Yours truly, Rui

Quote Originally Posted by manecas View Post
    ...thank you for the kind words Ive just read in another thread about the Mallard, now closed. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your words of encouragement, and for helping me go further regarding my textures. What I did I did it with love, with passion, is there any other way to do things in life?! But sadly, in a weird and unpleasant way I treated you bad. I went silent...I had no right to do so. I just disapeared. Believe me, nothing personal. I was going through some health problems back in 2015, being home 10 months away from work, FSX all of a sudden was not fun anymore...as with so much more in my life, things stopped being funny, interesting, etc. 2017 was no different sadly....So as Im slowly returning to the hobby ( fired my FSX tonight for the first time in months!!!!) I was looking around google for fsx new models, the Mallard showed up, in a creepy way, ;-) and here I am ( had forgotten my user name and password silly me) Thank you all for your words of support. As I said, slowly coming back. Theres so much I have to catch up with...first I have to download this Gold release and see how it works with my FSX and then, hopefully, doing some repaints...Im a Chalks guy myself!;-) ....again, Milton, two words; Sorry, and Thank you. Hope that everytime you look at that little Swallow you think of me, Im not a bad person deep inside ;-) ....I just come and go now and then...;-)
    So if you guys still think theres a place for me here, I'll stick around.
    Yours truly, Rui
    Wow! Rui! Great to see you here again my Friend. I understood back then and there were never any hard feelings. We have missed you being here. And we love your art work on the Mallard, and hope you will get some enjoyment out of what we have here in the FSX native release.

So, please, jump in with your friends here, and we welcome you back with smiles and open arms.

Wow! Great to see you again.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Wow! Rui! Great to see you here again my Friend. I understood back then and there were never any hard feelings. We have missed you being here. And we love your art work on the Mallard, and hope you will get some enjoyment out of what we have here in the FSX native release.

So, please, jump in with your friends here, and we welcome you back with smiles and open arms.

Wow! Great to see you again.
    Thank YOU Milton ! I do appreciate it. h
    What the heck, its 4:15 AM here, and I had to jump out of bed to start my computer and download the Mallard just now...
    Cant stop feeling like " Where was I !?!" ...

So as i understood, this is a native FSX Mallard, piston engined model, right!? The Turbo mallard is still a FS9 model right!?
    I had to buy a new computer, had to go through the whole thing again, installing FSX and my ad ons, so Im on a pure FSX base now.
    let me go check that bird Sir.
    Thank you again.
    I see I have a few unanswered messages, my bad, and my aplogies to those involved.
    bear with me as i am slowly returning.
    yours,
    rui

Thank YOU Milton ! I do appreciate it. h
    What the heck, its 4:15 AM here, and I had to jump out of bed to start my computer and download the Mallard just now...
    Cant stop feeling like " Where was I !?!" ...

So as i understood, this is a native FSX Mallard, piston engined model, right!? The Turbo mallard is still a FS9 model right!?
    I had to buy a new computer, had to go through the whole thing again, installing FSX and my ad ons, so Im on a pure FSX base now.
    let me go check that bird Sir.
    Thank you again.
    I see I have a few unanswered messages, my bad, and my aplogies to those involved.
    bear with me as i am slowly returning.
    yours,
    rui
    LOL Rui.

The TP model has already been released for FSX native. See the link in my signature for downloads.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank You milton. I sure will.
    Just donwloaded the bird....what a strange feeling...like an old friend revisited, after all this time...those textures really look fine dont they!?!?!( not being that modest sorry )
    especially with FSX ! Love the reflexions along the fuselage. Oh my !
    I only can say ;
    " I'm hoooooome!"

Going for a short flight around the Island, lets see if I still remember anything about flying...

LOL Rui.

The TP model has already been released for FSX native. See the link in my signature for downloads.

Yes Sir; home is where the heart is. Enjoy.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Chalks.....

...sorry gentlemen, although this thread is about the piston model, wanted to show you all I have started something, in order to match those Turbo Mallards in the later Chalks livery.
    A bit more work as those interiors need to match the Turbo version ( fwd rh side exit, etc).Have a lot of pictures a friend of mine took at the time, so these will be very helpful.
    I want to come up with updated interiors too, for the piston model, so we have a bit more to choose visually.
    Still going through my old folders, in my external drives, i have all the work started, just need to find my stuff
    Great repaints, by the way, love that rusty red Mallard , love them all ! Need to fix my House Livery ( yellow and blue) though, theres a few mistakes there...all in good time, I hope.
    off to bed now,
    yours,
    rc

First and foremost this is a P3D4.1 grab, but I found the G-73 works so well I decided to post it here as well as in the P3D forum.
    You and your Elves have done it again Milton, as we say in Oz, 'Out-Bloody-Standing'!!!
    Sounds great as well.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by IFlySWA View Post
    It's great to see you again, Rui!

Brian
    Thank you Brian, very much.

[QUOTE=wombat666;1127452]First and foremost this is a P3D4.1 grab, but I found the G-73 works so well I decided to post it here as well as in the P3D forum.
    You and your Elves have done it again Milton, as we say in Oz, 'Out-Bloody-Standing'!!!
    Sounds great as well.

It looks amazing! So real! Love this rusty red tone! Great repaint!

Matching interiors ...

Chalks Blue ( white dotted) seats with pink head rests and matching cabin ambiance now; ( just not 100% sure about those curtains though....)

Matching interiors for their Corona aircraft too;

I'm planning also a few more interiors to go with the classic Mallards, so stay tuned.
    (If you're interested in these that is)
    yours,
    rc

Great looking interiors Rui! Thanks Milton and your team for your latest creation!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Chalks Blue ( white dotted) seats with pink head rests and matching cabin ambiance now; ( just not 100% sure about those curtains though....)
    Matching interiors for their Corona aircraft too;

I'm planning also a few more interiors to go with the classic Mallards, so stay tuned.
    (If you're interested in these that is)
    yours,
    rc
    Rui,

The new interiors look great! Keep up the good work Sir!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have loved this aircraft from its Fs9 beginning. Thank you so much for updating it to P3D v4 standards. I can't wait for every plane you update. I don't even have Fs9 on my computer anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by semo View Post
    I have loved this aircraft from its Fs9 beginning. Thank you so much for updating it to P3D v4 standards. I can't wait for every plane you update. I don't even have Fs9 on my computer anymore.
    Same here!;-) Its a beautiful aircraft, and the original art deco lines having been transferred to FS so well, I mean look at it, its pure ArtDeco, and Milton has that "touch" for creating a visual accurate model and we are all children on a Christmas morning everytime he pampers us with his works. I miss FS9 a bit, as many models have stopped working in FSX, but the Mallard now has great frames, no stuttering, at least in my system, and that is great, making it easier for me to forget FS9 now!;-)

Rui,

The new interiors look great! Keep up the good work Sir!
    Thank you Milton. Well, been up all night, again!;-) I am a bit rusty when it comes to repaint and convert files in this DDS format...Im using Photoshop and converting the files from there, but Im not happy with the results....so Ill try saving the files as targa files, open that little program, convert them as DX3, and convert them afterwards as BMP. Trial and error....
    Trying not to have those interiors too blurred. Catching up with the times...Im getting old for this...;-)

Hi all
    Anyone know if these aircraft were used as freighters? It would be great to have a beat up old cargo machine in the fleet - unfortunately such a creation would be well beyond my talents.
    Thanks again for this airplane to all involved.
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi all
    Anyone know if these aircraft were used as freighters? It would be great to have a beat up old cargo machine in the fleet - unfortunately such a creation would be well beyond my talents.
    Thanks again for this airplane to all involved.
    Warren
    Well, the only time I saw a Mallard flying all sorts of cargo,was in this old tv series, which I loved so much! Go figure why!;-) the first time ever I saw the aicraft, and fell in love with it! Waited 40+ to "fly" it, thanks to Milton!;-)

https://youtu.be/ruYF6ZmUiIc

Hi
    I think the OZ-X group had a texture for well worn old freighter but I forget if it was a Mallard or some other amphibian.
    Nice interiors by the way. Thanks for doing them
    Warren

Long Island Sound and On Song!

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 1