Thread: ~ Screenshots -- IPACS Aerofly FS2 ~

Hybrid View

~ Screenshots -- IPACS Aerofly FS2 ~

Rising up out of SFO

Across 3 monitors of view
    from the cockpit of 747-400
    67.5 degrees of view

​.

Thanks HyFlyer. Went on a reconnaissance mission around Area 51 last night in search of the Easter Egg (am not going to spoil it for others by posting the shot) and afterwards departed that ultra-secretive area in an A320, flying for hour after hour while completely mesmerized by the incredible scenery flowing by across the *3 curved screens. Here's a capture from last evening, the shot being 5760 x 1080 before resizing it. Am flying at a magnification of 2x, giving a 67.5 degree of view across the 3 monitors. Seated at the center point at the end of the radius of the arc, am also physically positioned 67.5 degrees from between my eyes to the outsides of the aligned monitors. It's honestly the most amazing, immersive flight simming ever personally experienced. Am highly recommending this.

* 3 Samsung 32" CF397 curved monitors, 1980 x 1080 native @ 60 Hz, 1800R curvature, 35w max power draw each
    Am seated
    1.8 meters / almost 6 feet back from the screens @ magnification 2x with all views adjusted so, no pixels visible at this distance

Last edited by boxcar; February 15th, 2018 at 13:02.

​.

3 monitors...... good to see you are still having nice Frame Rates.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by HyFlyer View Post
    3 monitors...... good to see you are still having nice Frame Rates.
    Seems to me that flying NYC and Chicago will be the truer tests after getting them installed. The GPU is strong, fans for it as well as for the CPU cooler don't even speed up while running AFS2. The full system runs pretty cool. AFS2 must be making fine use of multi-core processors as well as handing off part of the load to the GPU. The 3 monitors' combined total of pixels in native resolution, 5760 x 1080, is only 3/4 of the pixels of just one Ultra High Definition screen (my original plan). The system is easy on power comparatively, and somewhat "future-proofed" for higher-demand applications. A shortcoming of my system is that much larger storage drives were not chosen initially to house 64-bit flight sims, for it now seems to me that if one were to completely dress out the entire globe in AFS2 it might eventually take a 4, 5, maybe 6 Terrabyte drive? But if all done properly, oh what a sim! In many ways it already is.

southeastern Gobe Dessert shots

The sim's illusions are so immersive it's as if you can actually feel Sunlight moving across you as you bank. Really. And those reflections are top shelf stuff.

​.

The sim uses the GPU much more than our current sims. As an experiment a while ago, I downclocked my CPU from 4.8 back to stock 4.0ghz, with almost no apparent effect on Aerofly.
    Hi

Members who have read this thread: 0