FAA Roc and Skua repaint packages by UncleTgt!

Thread: FAA Roc and Skua repaint packages by UncleTgt!

FAA Roc and Skua repaint packages by UncleTgt!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: Blackburn Roc FAA Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the conversion of Jed Marsh's ex-Donationware Blackburn Roc for CFS 2.

Included is a modified dp file & panel.cfg to mirror the Player's employment as a turret fighter. Use the turret guns as "Shrage Musik". They are angled to fire up & overhead. (as per the Padbury Defiant)

I also hex edited the model to remove the g-lightstates entry so it should now be Mission Builder & Quick Combat friendly.

The textures are: L3118 "O", used by 759FAA at Eastleigh circa November 1939.

L3128 "P", believed to have been flown by Lt Ronnie Hay of 801FAA, performing CAP duties for HMS Ark Royal whilst off Norway, 28th April '40.

L3105 "L6R", as used by 806FAA on their first combat deployment during the Dunkirk evacuations in May '40.

and also 2 Fleet Requirement Unit planes from later in the war. These would have flown without the turret, possibly being used as target tugs.

L3100 used by 773 squadron FAA, performing Fleet Requirements duties Bermuda circa January '43.

L3171 "J" used by 776 squadron FAA, performing Fleet Requirements duties Speke, Liverpool circa October '43.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Jed Marsh for the original aircraft, developed for use in FS 2004.

JD Tindals & Rami for uploading the converted aircraft for use in CFS2.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

FEB 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Roc FAA skinpack UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Skua 803FAA skinpack UT.zip

Description: Blackburn Skua 803FAA Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the conversion by Buddha13 of Jed Marsh's Blackburn Skua for CFS2. They depict aircraft used by 803 squadron Fleet Air Arm.

The textures are: L2883 "A7M" flown by 803 Squadron, FAA flying from HMS Ark Royal circa May '39.

L2887 "F" flown by Lt Charles Evans of 803 Squadron, FAA 26th September 1939. On this day he was part of a pair of Skuas that claimed the Fleet Air Arm's first kill of the War, a Do-18 snooper forced down into the North Sea.

L2925 "F" flown by Lt Bill Lucy of 803 Squadron, FAA flying from RNAS Hatston to sink the German Light cruiser Konigsberg at it's moorings in Bergen, Norway, 10th April 1940.

L2916 "H" flown by Sub Lt Noel Charlton of 803 Squadron, FAA flying from HMS Ark Royal off Narvik, Norway, 8th May 1940.

L2963 "F" flown by 803 Squadron, FAA flying from HMS Ark Royal off Trondhiem, Norway, 12th June 1940.

L2927 "A" flown by Lt Bill Bruen, Co of 803 Squadron, FAA flying from HMS Ark Royal as part of Force H, July-August '40.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Buddha13 for converting the aircraft for use in CFS2.

JD Tindals for his excellent set of camouflage repaints, they really helped me out with the mapping.

UncleTgt,

FEB 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Skua 803FAA skinpack UT.zip

Skua FAA skinpack 2 UT.zip

Description: Blackburn Skua FAA Skinpack 2 by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the conversion by Buddha13 of Jed Marsh's Blackburn Skua for CFS 2.

The textures are: L3011 "L6G" flown by Lt Cdr Charles Evans, CO of 806 Squadron, FAA flying from Detling, Kent in support of the Dunkirk evacuation, 28th May '40.

L3003 Aircraft flown by Lt Ronnie Hay of 801 Squadron, FAA flying from Detling, Kent in support of the Dunkirk evacuation, 31st May '40.

L2928 "L6A" flown by Lt Cdr Charles Evans, CO of 806 Squadron, FAA flying from Detling, Kent in support of the Dunkirk evacuation, 2nd June '40.

L3015 "F" flown by 800 Squadron, FAA flying from HMS Ark Royal as part of Force H, August '40.

L2942 Aircraft flown by 801 Squadron, FAA flying from HMS Furious, Norway, September/October '40.

L3008 "X" used by 771FAA as a target tug circa December '40.

Buddha13 for converting the aircraft for use in CFS2.

JD Tindals for his excellent set of camouflage repaints, they really helped me out with the mapping.

UncleTgt,

FEB 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Skua FAA skinpack 2 UT.zip

Looking good there Uncle T. Going to grab them straight away.

I never did get round to the Roc repaints and can't remember how many Skua ones I did, might have to check, lol.

I spent so long trying to get all the animations to work on the conversion and researching the paints, she became one of my favourites, still to this day.

kind regards,
    Jamie

EDIT. Just checked my uploads, there's only 3 skua paints. I did a good deal more than that, did they get lost in a server crash or did I ever upload them? doesn't matter now, lol.

L6G was the base paint for my rework of the conversion. I started the conversion from scratch and managed to get all the animations that were possible to work with a lot of headbanging and SCASM tomfoolery. A few other goodies thrown in too. You can find it here, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=25&page=2.

I can't thank John Dell enough for his help regarding the work I did, he went above and beyond to send hard copies of pictures, etc. We debated the colours pre med backwards and forwards over some time, with me changing them several times. It was finally settled by the discovery of a colour photo of a Skua pulled out of a lake in Norway.

If you need anything I can dig the archives?

Jamie

There seems to be a good few more of my uploads missing, more Hampden repaints, Bf108 conversion and several repaints, Dave Garwoods lanc conversion and repaints, some C-47 OH repaints, etc. If there's interest, I can see if I still have them.

My apologies for hijacking, I didn't mean to.

Icon22 Reply...

UncleTgt,

This is outstanding work, as always! Sorry CFS2 has fallen by the wayside for the moment, but I will get back into it as time allows!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Icon22 Reply...

Jamie,

I, for one, would LOVE to see anything you have in the hopper! How's Lindsay and the (not so) little one?
    "Rami"

Beautiful work there Uncle TGT. Thanks!

Excellent job! Many thanks!

Here are the colour pics of the Skua pulled from a lake in Norway, many thanks to John Dell for these. Speaking of which, does anyone still have the link to his website? seem to have lost it between computers.

TTFN,
    Jamie

EDIT: The wing roundel is just another colour pic, not the same aircraft obviously.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skuaincolour.jpg   Copy of Skua s.jpg   Skua a.jpg   Skua h.jpg  

Some of you may recognise the crew from my repaints.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JDT_088.jpg   JDT_087.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Jamie,

I, for one, would LOVE to see anything you have in the hopper! How's Lindsay and the (not so) little one?
    Hey Homey, how do?

We're fine. Eldest is now a teenager, but thankfully she's a sweetheart. Other three are doing great (including school, breathes a sigh of relief). Hope your 4 are doing well also. Send your boss our best, my boss knows how she feels (we both spend to much time on our computers I guess). Thank the big man for 'The Sims', keeps her off my back, lol. I hope your keeping fit and well my old friend.

ATB
    Jamie

Icon22 Reply...

Jamie,

I've been busy. Turning forty on 9 May, which is throwing me into a little bit of an existential crisis. Erica is doing well, we are married over a dozen year now, and now Sara is approaching her teenage years, (she's eleven) the twin boys are nine, and Jayden is seven. So I have three in elementary school and my oldest in middle school.

My oldest girl is an emerging scientist, my twin boys are aiming to become pro wrestlers, and my youngest daughter is a bona fide diva. With piano lessons, ballet, a mother emerging from a kidney transplant, a full-time career, and going back to grad school, life is a little insane right now.

Anyway, the missus should be getting home soon, & I must perform my marital duties if I want to maintain that status. I made sure our song was loaded in her car this morning before she left; it's an old Welsh tune (Swansea): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x1MZEDQbtA

Sorry to hijack the thread, John...back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    "Rami"

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Here are the colour pics of the Skua pulled from a lake in Norway, many thanks to John Dell for these. Speaking of which, does anyone still have the link to his website? seem to have lost it between computers.

TTFN,
    Jamie

EDIT: The wing roundel is just another colour pic, not the same aircraft obviously.
    Here you go Jamie http://dinger.byethost5.com/skuaColours.htm?i=1

Thanks uncleTgt, google wasn't working on this, mainly because I forgot his handle 'Dinger' I guess.

With my rework of the skua I included some custom views. There's a little trick with CFS2, if you re-assign the numpad view controls for POV directions to exactly what they are already, they become sticky and the view stays there without automatically snapping back to forward view. Num lock must be on. One of them snaps back for forward view, I think it's numpad '.', but could be '0'. So I assigned views for 'sticky' rear gunner, diagonal left gives a view like your tilting your head out an open canopy and looking forward, down and slightly left, ideal for spotting dive bombing targets (good for taxiing too). It's all in the readme IIRC.

Found some screenies of my other paints, if anyone is interested I can upload.

ATB
    Jamie

PS. Always wanted to drag this beastie into FSDS, but back then, MCX wasn't around. Now it is I'm stuck as I cannot for the life of me get FSDS to run on my new computer, maybe W10, dunno? Mainly wanted to cut the wings so the fold.

Jamie,

Ping "glider man" Baldy. He has a newish set up & managed to get FSDS up & running. He might be able to help get set up.

Awesome idea to get the wing fold done

Funny you should say that Uncle - I was just writing in to congratulate you on your latest efforts when I noticed your last exchange with JD about the wing fold -- now if some one has the source file .......

I use FSDSv2 in a virtual system inside Windows7.

VMware ( free ) loaded with WindowsXP, FSDSv2, CFS2 and PaintShopPro 7 plus some info folders holding sourcefiles etc

it's simple to switch between your main set up and the virtual one

oh, while we're here, I see the Roc is thought the second worst British military a/c according to this I saw on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzr9f-rkjnw

I'm resting at the moment ( as they say in theatrical circles ) but I still look in

baldy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

baldy's stuff at:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=480&sort=d

Fascinating video. Thanks Baldy.

Thank you UncleTgt, these are fantastic!

msfossey

Members who have read this thread: 0