Loading Fortres Europe campaign

Thread: Loading Fortres Europe campaign

Loading Fortres Europe campaign

After long time,I am back in cfs3, Made a new installation on my windows 10 rig,when trying open fortress europe, I got the message: can't load the campaign file fortress europe.xml, reason: unknown aircraft type AR_234b_2.
    will an installation of the mentioned aircraft solve the problem? and if yes, where to find it?
    Killer Svend

That aircraft is part of the Firepower payware package.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

If you don't have that and know how to edit campaigns; or learn how; you can replace that aircraft with another.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    To get the campaign to work, you can look at the list of aircraft in the campaign xml file. Just delete the aircraft that you don't have in your install.

However, the campaign needs at least one bomber and one fighter for each country, with entered service and left service dates that are available for the entire period of the campaign.

In each aircraft's xdp file, you can find when they are available. So for example if you had a German fighter available from 12/42 to 12/43, and the campaign runs to at least 1945, you need another German fighter or fighters available from 12/43 or earlier, with a left service date in 1945.

The availability of the aircraft must be overlapping, ie. contiguous, for each fighter and each bomber for each country.

A lot of the addon campaigns list far too many aircraft, IMHO. You never get to fly them all in a campaign, and they just add complexity. What is more important to me is that the air spawns work so that you encounter a wide variety of enemy (and friendly) aircraft when carrying out the campaign missions.

HTH,

Members who have read this thread: 0