Kriegsmarine Aircraft Carrier Graf Zeppelin

Thread: Kriegsmarine Aircraft Carrier Graf Zeppelin

About half a year ago a find a model of this carrier on Sketchup an did a ai ship from this one. Never been amused about this model. To low on details and looking not very nice. Also i`ve got not enough knowlige to do all the things a carrier need. Hard deck... arrestor cable and catapult.

Time passes by and i tried to learn more. More about doing carriers in sketchup and more about the ship "Graf Zeppelin".

I use the hull from that model i found in sketchup (that part is not my work)... but changed a lot of things.... do a compltly new brigde for the "new" Graf Zeppelin.

Still there is a problem. This ship was never ended and never gone to real duty. The hull was completed... but nothing else in funktion. All guns where used on other ships and in land fortifications. The bridge was never build up kompletly. Sistership was given up in dock... just the hull was nearly ready.
    So i looked around about good material about this carrier and tried to build up this ship as it was planed .... as far as i could. Even these documents had different variants.

Ok... at last i deceded to do the variant that seams to be the one which would has been done if germany not had losed the war.

One catapult is in duty. 4 arrestor cables on board and as much details as i could give to her. It`s not ready now...but it is swimming in fsx. Will put some planes (Stuka and Me-109 as planed in realety) on deck and do little other things to her... but it will not take to much time to end her.

First look in FSX

Hope you will like this one.

Greetings
    Klaus
    Last edited by klnowak; February 11th, 2018 at 12:18.

Hallo Klaus,

realy very interesting indeed,
    what about to make it usuable in FS2004,
    perhaps as landable scenery near Kiel?
    It would be fine not to forget the mass of friends still loving the good ols FS2004.

Yours
    Papi

There was definitely a CFS2 model, perhaps that could be adapted to FS9?

EDIT:
    found it, http://www.geocities.jp/mtyjr101/ships_01.html

I think JR Lucarini (sp?) did a couple of FS9 aircraft for the carrier, Bf109T, Fiesler hingmybob, maybe. His stuff is on SimV.

I hope you release this project in the near future. I have tried, without success, to replicate this ship but my ability to create hulls is limited.

Thats wonderful news

Tried my no luck with CFS2 and Japanese versions

And there is even that Fieseler carrier plane available

Best regards

Roland

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fieselerfix.jpg  

Count me in! JR Lucariny made a Me-109T with working tailhook, but unfortunately no VC.

hertzie.

MESSERSCHMITT ME 109 T FIGHTER

FS 2004 MODEL
    FSDS DRAWING AND TEXTURE BY JRLUCARINY

Messerschmitt Me 109 T fighter
    The Messerschmitt Me 109T was the projected carrier version of the Me 109E model. About 70 planes of this version were build by Fieseler, several modifications had to be made to adapt these single seat fighters for the use on aircraft carriers:

T-0: 10 Me 109E-3 modified by Fieseler in 1939/40, Span enhanced to 11.06 meters, arrestor hook and catapult mountings. Those aircraft were planed to be used on the Graf Zeppelin and were later used by I/JG 77;
    T-1: like T-0, 60 build by Fieseler and delivered to JG 5. Since the carrier was not completed, all planes were modified to T-2;
    T-2: All equipment for carrier operations removed.

The first 10 aircraft were of the pre production Series (T-0), followed by 60 production aircraft of the T-1 series. When construction of the Graf Zeppelin was halted in 1940, further development of the Me 109 T was stopped, too. In late 1940 Fiesler was ordered to complete the 60 T-1 models but to remove all all carrier-equipment. The result were 60 aircraft of the now called T-2 series which were able to operate from short land airstrips.

The first aircraft were delivered in the beginning of 1941 and were used in Norway until the summer of 1942. The surviving aircraft were then transferred to the Helgoland, a small island in the North Sea, where they were used for point defense up to late 1944.

Dimensions
    Length: 8,76 m
    Span: 11,08 m
    Height:2,60 m
    Empty weight:2253 kg
    Max weight: 3078 kg
    Crew: 1
    Weapons
    MG 17 (7,92 mm): 2 (forward fuselage)
    either MG 17 (7,92 mm): 2 (wing mounted)
    or MG FF (20mm): 2 (wing mounted)
    Engines
    Engines: 1
    Type: Daimler Benz DB 601N inverted V-piston engine
    Engine performance: 1200 hp (895 kw)
    Performance
    Max. Speed: 575 kph
    Max. Range: 915 km (568 miles)
    Max. Altitude:10500 m (34450 ft)

Link

DRAWINGS
    Link

Other airplanes in:
    http://lucariny.sites.uol.com.br

Nov/2007

OK, reworked the model, it now has a good looking static VC, which is better than none. Also reworked the 2D, put in some extra panels, real Daimler Benz sounds and gun/cannon-effects. In FS9 everything works great (hood, cowlflaps, flaps, taihook, etc.), in FSX the tailhook keeps going up and down constantly (have no idea how to repair that), but it flies ok.

If anyone is interested in this updated model I might upload it.

And indeed, do hope that the carrier will also be available for FS9, for that sim is still alive and kickin' !!

hertzie.

Just some new shots. Experiments with deck color and first plane on deck. Some Me-109, Ju-87 "Stuka" and some Fi-167. Also some details on the bridge are changed.
    Think it looks better now...but still not ready.
    2nd catapult is working also.

Gretings
    Klaus

Fleet is nearly ready to sail.

Did some new ships also that will come together with the "Graf Zeppelin". Origninal autor gives his permission to use his "Admiral Graf Spee" to use. This model only gets his color a my work. But (with his permission) i did all changes to his origninal model to build up the Admiral Scheer in design from 1938 (very simular to the Admiral Graf Spee (....just little changes) and in design as it was in 1943 (even just the hull and guns are the same)). Also i did the KMS Lützow, with her different bridge and some other changes on her. So all the three differ ent ships will come up for AI traffic in FSX.

KMS Lützow

Admiral Scheer in 1943

The aircraftcarrier "Graf Zepplin" will come in three different outfits (emty, with only ME109 and Ju-87, and a third version with also Fi-167 on her deck. The Fi-167 sadly is a model witch needs many drawcalls)

Graf Zeppelin with Admiral Graf Spee

The origninal autor gives permission to use his sketchup model of the "KMS Schleswig-Holstein" to end it and colorize it too. She will be in package too. This is the ship what fires the first shots in WWII to the "Westernplatte" in the attack on Poland.

KMS Schleswig Holstein

Hope everything will be ready by the next days so i can upload all together in one package.

Greetings
    Klaus

Thanks for your efforts Klaus, the result looks really beautiful.

For those who are not that familiar with history, the "KMS Schleswig-Holstein" was the ship which started WWII. On the 1st of September 1939, while on a "friendly visit" to the Polish city of Gdansk (until 1918 the German city Danzig), it opened fire on a Polish ammunition storage. This was the opening barrage of 6 years of global war.

I think you will need the epic repaint by spook which depicts the Bf109T flown by
    Oberleutnant Herbert Christmann, Staffelkapitan 11./JG11....

The BF109s from TG186 which were planned to be on the Graf Zeppelin were actually painted in the quite boring "early 1940" standard scheme.

Cheers,
    Huub

Marvellous! Really strange to see a Me109 on an aircraft carrier, though... I second the humble wish to have this available in FS2004!

Didn't quite escape.
    Considering how many landing accidents the Bf109 had on land, I really wouldn't want to try and land a real one on a moving ship!!!

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    Considering how many landing accidents the Bf109 had on land, I really wouldn't want to try and land a real one on a moving ship!!!

Ian P.
    True, but at least you would have crashed at a lower speed. The carrier version of the 109 was the Bf-109T, which had a larger wing span (higher aspect ratio) wing than a standard 109.

All three ships of "Deutschland-Klasse" ready.

From behind to front... KMS Hannover, KMS Schleswig-Holstein and KMS Schlesien. The KMS Hannover was the one that wasn`t in duty during WWII.

And last changes to the bridges of the Lützow, Admiral Scheer in 1943, and Admiral Scheer in 1938

Think upload is near.

Greetings
    Klaus

The crusier "KMS Nürnberg", "KMS Leipzig" and "KMS Emden"

From front ... Nürnberg, Leipzig, Köln (not my one) and Emden near Helgoland

KMS Emden

KMS Nürnberg

KMS Schleswig Holstein, KMS Hannover and KMS Schlesien

Greetings
    Klaus

Two classes of torpedoboats are ready also.

The "Raubvogel Class" (in the back) and the "Raubtier Class" (in the front)

The "Raubtier Class" had anti aircraft guns in front of the second chimney and some little other changes.

Greetings
    Klaus

Upload is in the library now.

Greetings
    Klaus

Next one to come....

Flottenbegleiter 1940, Flottentorpedoboot 1939 and Flottentorpedoboot 1943

Hilfskreuzer Komet and Hilskreuzer Kormoran (the ship that sunk the HMS Sydney)

The Hilfkreuzer Komet

Hilfskreuzer Kormoran

Greetings
    Klaus

Fs2004

Hallo Klaus,

I found no answer to my question "would be a landable version for FS2004 avaible?
    Auf deutsch:
    Wird es auch eine Version für FS2004 als landbare scene geben?
    Would be fine not to forget the FS2004 users
    Wäre ein feiner Zug die vielen FS2004 nicht zu vergessen

Yours
    Ihr

Pappi

Hello Pappi,

will have a look if i can do that. I did not have 2004 installed on my computer ... so i can try it but can not test the model.

Greetings
    Klaus

Fs2004

Hallo Klaus,

it would really fine to have this ship in FS2004 !
    From my side I never understood the differencies betwenn FS2004 scenery and FSX scenery
    What astonished me most that I saw somme sceneries that are published for FSX AND FS2004.
    It would certainly also interest some other users to have the Graf Zeppelin in FS2004 as a scene some where near to Kiel or in the baltic sea
    I would try to test it in FS2004 just send me what you think will work
    vaderteuton@aol.com
    perhaps some other friends will be willing to help to get the ship in our FS2004.
    Thank you for your answer
    Yours
    Papi

Messerschmitt BF 109 on a carrier

Hallo,

surely the Bf 109 with its narrow track would be a challenge every time,
    but wasn't it so also for the Spitfire when converted to carrier duty?
    I do not know the exact tech data but I do not believe the spit having a wider gear than the 109.
    And some one must take not tot confuse the behavior of the real Messerschmitt Bf 109 and the spanish Hispano who had problems in cause of its inverted vertical tail profile
    If I have time I will try to find test reports about the Bf 109 T
    Yours
    Papi

Hilfskreuzer Kormoran will have different versions. Here you can see the ship as a "normal merchant ship" and also with all guns up ready for attack.

Hilfskreuzer Kormoran as masket "merchant ship"

And all waepons up.... ready for attack

Greetings
    Klaus

Members who have read this thread: 0