Nascar 2018

Thread: Nascar 2018

Nascar 2018

well last season i said i was done,now that its feb 10th,im sitting here watching raceday and really looking forward to the ARCA race this afternoon.i think with JR gone and a new rules package,ill try it again.yay

Icon2

Fords are looking pretty strong thus far!

Drivers seem to really like this year's aero package. The carbon fiber body skirt eliminates the flaring out of the skirt when it hits the track, so no more tire shredding, razor edged wings in front of the rear tires! Also, crews cannot pull out the skirts on pit road and change the aerodynamics of the car. I watched the practice yesterday and the final practice was most enlightening. A pack of 13 cars going 199 mph, drivers were able to draft, bump draft, and pass without unduly upsetting the cars around them. This should make for better racing and maybe less crashing.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Icon2

I see they're back to running sideways down the straights....

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Fords are looking pretty strong thus far!
    I stand corrected - Chevy on the pole!

I see they're back to running sideways down the straights....
    but notice they are offset to the left not the right.they were talking about it during one of the practices,but what they said had made no sense to me.

There is a degree of track bar adjustment that the driver can make from inside the car. That is what makes the car either track straight or crab a bit. From what I gathered, crabbing might help when you are in by yourself, but in the pack, not so much.

Pretty good Clash race, the big one happened half way through the final lap. The pointy nose of the Camero body might prove to be a problem with bump drafting. I'm thinking that Jimmie isn't too pleased about it right now.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    There is a degree of track bar adjustment that the driver can make from inside the car. That is what makes the car either track straight or crab a bit. From what I gathered, crabbing might help when you are in by yourself, but in the pack, not so much.

Pretty good Clash race, the big one happened half way through the final lap. The pointy nose of the Camero body might prove to be a problem with bump drafting. I'm thinking that Jimmie isn't too pleased about it right now.
    Yeah....Larry Mac broke it down with the Ford Fusion cut-away-car....
    I **think** Chevy put their eggs on short tracks....

Cool

I stand corrected - Chevy on the pole!
    I stand corrected yet again - FORD wins "The Clash"
    http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/147...in-2019-penske

Members who have read this thread: 0