Xp-11

Thread: Xp-11

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Xp-11

I hate to say this but I am becoming more enamored with XP every day. I have found XP-10 and on down difficult to set up but much better with 11.1.

base scenery is much better tha P3D V4. Freeware is much nicer. I have not Dowloaded a single aircraft or airport that I deleted because of quality.

Don’t like the large libraries that you have to download for some files, no way (that I have found) to cycle though views with a single key, hard to find key commands.

for those who would like to try, watch Steam for their sales.

Bob

Blog Entries
    Twenty chapters of the EAA Young Eagles would agree with you b52bob! XP11.1 is the sim of choice unanimously...but FSW is creeping up.
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Personally, am quite pleased about FSW's continued rising. X-Plane needs the competition for this market. Stock from the box FSW presently cannot be beat with all you get, so perhaps X-Plane 11 will finally devote more time to basic things they continue to overlook. The lack of a Golden Gate Bridge is a classic example, something that's been present in MSFSs for decades now. Apparently, in X-Plane 11 all there is stock from the box is is a viaduct-like thing where the GGB should be, and there are many other examples.

Right now X-Plane 11 is widely being chosen as the #1 best looking sim out here after doctoring it up with available goodies, and it's unique flight dynamics make it highly attractive and desirable. Am certain I'll eventually get to it, though it would be swell to see Austin and crew devote more effort into some basic things that have been overlooked for a long while. X-Plane has gained a lot of ground since MS divorced us, and, with this climate of an increasing number of viable 64 bit flight sims, we're all experiencing a mighty-fine time to be a flight simmer. Each sim has their strong and weak points, and they're all good.

Last edited by boxcar; February 13th, 2018 at 10:55.

​.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    Personally, am quite pleased about FSW's continued rising. X-Plane needs the competition for this market. Stock from the box FSW presently cannot be beat with all you get, so perhaps X-Plane 11 will finally devote more time to basic things they continue to overlook. The lack of a Golden Gate Bridge is a classic example, something that's been present in MSFSs for decades now. Apparently, in X-Plane 11 all there is stock from the box is is a viaduct-like thing where the GGB should be, and there are many other examples.

Right now X-Plane 11 is widely being chosen as the #1 best looking sim out here after doctoring it up with available goodies, and it's unique flight dynamics make it highly attractive and desirable.
    I agree, it’s a wonderful time to be a flight sim guy or gal now. I also agree that FSW is a great alternative. Fun interface and some nice aircraft. Can’t beat the price for what you get either. I really see a bright future for it.

Members who have read this thread: 0