AirIndigo's elusive CL-28 Argus

Thread: AirIndigo's elusive CL-28 Argus

AirIndigo's elusive CL-28 Argus

I have been finding in recent times... but wayback machine had nothing to see or download.
    Anybody have the zip file for the AirIndigo CL-28 (CP-107) Argus?

I have the Indigo Flight Rules Canadair CP-107 Argus as a zip file. I fly it in both Fs9 and FSX. It displays and flys very well in FSX. It was a WIP when the original maker IFR ceased work. It does have a rudimentary VC.

It could benefit from some TLC and skills of another skilled modeler (such as Lazarus).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CP-107 Argus flyby.jpg   CP-107 Argus.jpg  

Well, can you upload it, llanning08? I would like to try it out as it is.

Also, thanks for replying. I am pretty sure lazarus could work wonders with this.

PM me with your e-mail and I will send you the zip file, it is just under 3MB.

Redistribution Question

I've been asked for copies of the Canadair Argus Project by Indigo Flight Rules. I sent one copy to a fellow SOH user. At the time I was comfortable exchanging the file. I've since received additional requests for the zip file.

Indigo Flight Rules and its web sites are extinct since mid 2008. Contact with the author is not possible by e-mail, and I don't know how to contact "Tim" otherwise. I downloaded this model in early 2008, and I was following the Indigo Flight Rules Argus project progress for several years.

This is a beta model, and still far from complete. The Argus model is quite nice, it flies well in both Fs9 and FSX. I changed the Aircraft.CFG for FSX and converted the textures from bitmaps to .dds. It has a rudimentary VC panel which I am still fiddling with. I'm quite pleased with this Argus. Most animations are complete, some are not. The flight model seems convincing.

As we all know, the Canadair Argus is quite scarce in Fs9 or FSX. There are at least two projects which seem quite moribund. I support the right of all creative authors to place restrictions in the EULA. I'm just not a modeller or a painter myself, I'm a real world pilot and enjoy flying this Argus.

Is it possible to share this file with a more experienced modeler/painter within the scope of the EULA below? Is this statement actually a valid EULA? May I send this file to other interested Flightsim users for repainting and model/panel modifications, or should I just continue to enjoy my good fortune to have a "interim" Argus until a new Argus is completed and released?

Comments from some of our senior modelers will be appreciated.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Not for redistribution - Property of Indigo Flight Rules 2007

Updated December 2/2007

Updated VIrtual Cockpit
    Updated 2D Panel
    Added Turn and bank Indicator
    basic start of Flight Engineers Station
    Textured Flight Engineers Station
    Pilot Copilot Side Consoles

improved Textures
    added anteneas
    3d Nose Gear Well
    escape Hatch Ladder

improvements to Bombardiers Compartment

Animated Bomb Bays - Shift + "E" to Toogle Bomb Bays open /closed

Beta version - Limited features
    The Canadair Argus in Canadian Forces Colors - THIS MODEL IS NOT TO BE REDISTRIBUTED by any means without the expessed consent of Indigo Flight Rules

If you want to redistribute this File or upload it to any other Site on the Web please contact me directly at tim@ifrwar.com

This file is provided at no cost by www.indigoflightrules.com and www.westernaviation report.com- although I have done everything humanly possible to make sure that it will not harm your Computer - use this download at your own risk !

Tim
    tim@ifrwar.com
    www.indigoflightrules.com

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Not for redistribution - Property of Indigo Flight Rules 2007

The latest version of this model is available only at www.indigoflightrules.com
    and or www.ifrwar.com

I should err on the side of caution when thinking about resurrecting this project. Sharing it privately should be ok though, at least under German law.

Can you email the files to me, I have been wanting this for a very long long time?!!!!
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

SOH-CM-2016
    Impressive to see that the CL-28 made it out into the "public", even on limited release...I kept an eye out on the progress of this model in the hopes it would eventually see the light of day. It's a shame the EULA is linked to so many parties who are no longer able to be contacted to see if the model can be taken any further. So close and yet so far!

Members who have read this thread: 0