FSX Native Grumman G-73 Mallard v1.0 Beta

Thread: FSX Native Grumman G-73 Mallard v1.0 Beta

FSX Native Grumman G-73 Mallard v1.0 Beta

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian Props

Description: FSX Native Grumman G-73 Mallard v1.0 Beta Test

by Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Rachael Whiteford, Rui Cristina, William Ellis, Roman Stoviak

Pkg incl 2 models (Classic interior and Business Class), custom panel and gauges, custom sounds, custom Flight Model, and 9 liveries.

Tested in P3Dv4 without issues.

February 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX Native Grumman G-73 Mallard v1.0 Beta
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hi Milton
    I flew the airplane for about 15 minutes around other things I'm supposed to be doing. I'm using P3D V4.1. Did a manual start and all worked well. Every switch and button that is supposed to function did so. I flew the machine with fuel and payload as you configured it and it seemed to take a lot of trim to keep the nose up. That could easily have been me as I have no time in this type of airplane. Could have also been the speed of the trim movement and effect - in any case quite manageable. The water landing and takeoff with the ultra detail selected in P3D V4 was rough and spectacular but the airplane handled it and I completed a touch and go in very rough water. I've seen other types crash in this realistic rough water environment. Sound packages is really good in P4. I'll try a full fuel full load takeoff and water landing later.
    Overall it worked perfectly - well ahead of my airmanship standard.
    Thanks for doing it.
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi Milton
    I flew the airplane for about 15 minutes around other things I'm supposed to be doing. I'm using P3D V4.1. Did a manual start and all worked well. Every switch and button that is supposed to function did so. I flew the machine with fuel and payload as you configured it and it seemed to take a lot of trim to keep the nose up. That could easily have been me as I have no time in this type of airplane. Could have also been the speed of the trim movement and effect - in any case quite manageable. The water landing and takeoff with the ultra detail selected in P3D V4 was rough and spectacular but the airplane handled it and I completed a touch and go in very rough water. I've seen other types crash in this realistic rough water environment. Sound packages is really good in P4. I'll try a full fuel full load takeoff and water landing later.
    Overall it worked perfectly - well ahead of my airmanship standard.
    Thanks for doing it.
    Warren
    Thank you Warren. You will find that the trim levels out as speed increases, and the less trim (toward zero), the faster you go. It takes a while to get there but it keeps charging ahead. Once you are straight and level, trim should be close to zero at normal cruise.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hi Milton
    I did a longer flight from KEYW to KMTH at full gross weight and full fuel and the machine performed pretty much as I would expect - trim still a bit heavy but I think realistic. It did smooth out as I leveled. It has a very realistic touchdown and roll over the water and un-sticks very much like a float plane. One has to be careful not to "horse it" off the water so that it over rotates into a dangerous attitude - very realistic and mostly a bitter comment on deteriorating my flying skills.
    I think this airplane is right up there with the Beech 18 in terms of accurate realism.
    I can't say I have encountered any problems with this airplane so far.
    Thanks again.
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi Milton
    I did a longer flight from KEYW to KMTH at full gross weight and full fuel and the machine performed pretty much as I would expect - trim still a bit heavy but I think realistic. It did smooth out as I leveled. It has a very realistic touchdown and roll over the water and un-sticks very much like a float plane. One has to be careful not to "horse it" off the water so that it over rotates into a dangerous attitude - very realistic and mostly a bitter comment on deteriorating my flying skills.
    I think this airplane is right up there with the Beech 18 in terms of accurate realism.
    I can't say I have encountered any problems with this airplane so far.
    Thanks again.
    Warren
    Thank you Warren; nice report for P3Dv4.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks, Milton! I'm a sucker for a cute airplane face. Downloading it now and will do a test hop after my exorcism. (That's where I walk down the hill and then back up). Keeps one healthy, wealthy, and wise.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian Props

Description: FSX Native Grumman G-73 Mallard v1.0 Beta Test

by Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Rachael Whiteford, Rui Cristina, William Ellis, Roman Stoviak

Pkg incl 2 models (Classic interior and Business Class), custom panel and gauges, custom sounds, custom Flight Model, and 9 liveries.

Tested in P3Dv4 without issues.

February 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX Native Grumman G-73 Mallard v1.0 Beta
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
    Great reference find here:
    http://www.grummanmallard.com/Mallar...t%20Manual.pdf

Thank you, guys and gals. Just curious, when do you people sleep

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Thank you, guys and gals. Just curious, when do you people sleep

LouP
    LOL Lou; I just slept last Tuesday. :-)

I always have several projects in progress, and this native FSX conversion started early January. Had to put it on hold while we got the Marauder released.

These conversions usually take 1-2 weeks depending.

But, fear not, I actually have nothing else in progress at the moment. Once I get this one released as Gold, then I'll decide what to do next. :-)

I am retired and do this to keep busy, focused, and involved.

Too much fun :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Thank you Milton.. I'm really looking forward to flying this..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Thank you Milton.. I'm really looking forward to flying this..
    Pam, not sure how you got here as this was teh Beta release.
    It has been deleted.

The Final release is on the front page, or here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=23385
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0