Boy, those Guys Are On The Ball

Thread: Boy, those Guys Are On The Ball

Boy, those Guys Are On The Ball

About two years ago I posted a question on the FrenchVFR Forums concerning the "MonoBi Series Airplane". At the time I was having a problem with the airplane causing a CTD and I asked if they had any idea what could be causing that. Today, I received an email response:

I don't think!
    Sorry.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

They are French ..... so they are quirky..... c'est la vie.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Apparently. . . .I have to give them marks for at least not blowing it off entirely, lol
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Apparently. . . .I have to give them marks for at least not blowing it off entirely, lol
    Good morning,
    Falcon409 ask a question about the "Mono-bi" two years ago, a question that had remained unanswered by FrenchVFR until he completed the question himself 1 hour after like this:

le 07/08/2016 : 13:32
    par ejwells409
    I downloaded and installed the amazing MonoBi aircraft yesterday. Beautiful work. They work perfectly in FSX, however despite the download stating they are for P3D, they cause an immediate CTD in that Sim when I try to load them. I have tried all the models, they all cause a CTD. If they are supposed to be for P3D why are they causing a problem? I have P3D_V3.3.

Thanks

Réponse n° 1
    --------
    le 07/08/2016 : 14:21
    par ejwells409
    In P3D_V3.3, commenting out the dsd sound gauge entry in the panel.cfg corrects the CTD.
    Another person asked if it was possible to have the Mono-bi on FS2004 :
    Réponse n° 2
    --------
    le 07/08/2016 : 15:53
    par zswobbie1
    Is there a chance of getting this for FS2004?
    and last night I actually answered that I didn't think so... My answer was for the last post of zswobbie1.

To come back to the fact that no one had answered him, unfortunately I was sick (heart) in 2015-2016 and I stayed in hospital during a lot of months so some messages may have remained unanswered.

French-VFR products are freeware and we make this works as an hobby. Nevertheless, denigrating French people is not really a proof of courtesy.

If you have some interest in Mono-bi product, I ask you that a new version has been developed and I will released it during next days.

Hi Lagaffe!

We know the lack of courtesy and Anglo-Saxon complacency, so the best is not to take the affront!

JMC

I am not angry, I didn't answer to polemicize but to give a little truth about this post:
    1 - a person asks for help and then 1 hour later completes his question with an explanation of the problem (gauge).
    2 - a second person asks for something else and the first person automatically receives a copy of the answer to the last question...

What could be more normal? A lot of forums are configurated as French-VFR

Lagaffe

Thanks for clearing this up Lagaffe, I think enough has been said about this. Now back to more important business.....

I really like your creations, especially the fictive ones like the Tagazou and the Super Dupont. Do you have any plans to finish the Savoia S.21 from Porco Rosso?
    I like it as is, but I would really love to see it with a working VC.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    Lagaffe
    Lagaffe,

Any future for getting the MonoBi into Prepar3d version 4? I know the RFN gauge is not ready. How about the other parts?

Love the MonoBi!

I am not angry, I didn't answer to polemicize but to give a little truth about this post:
    1 - a person asks for help and then 1 hour later completes his question with an explanation of the problem (gauge).
    2 - a second person asks for something else and the first person automatically receives a copy of the answer to the last question...

What could be more normal? A lot of forums are configurated as French-VFR

Lagaffe
    Ques't ce q'on peut dire? vive la difference...
    Salut

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Without complacency, in the face of such a late response, it would have been correct to look for the reason for this anomaly, the courtesy would have been not to make fun, not to laugh at the expense of people whose quirkyness, eccentricity consists in offering freeware.

Indeed, there is no matter to sterile polemic poles.

As for the ongoing developments, we have several of them that are almost completed on the modelling side:
    - Dewoitine D-551
    - Project SAGQ with Canadair 215T and Canso PBY-5
    - Cessna 150 Taildragger
    - Savoia S-21
    - Menestrel HN700

I took advantage of the last few months when I took a break with Gmax and Blender to improve a game I don't like too much: textures.
    Looking at Gman's posts on Quixel and Javier Rollon's videos on Xplane, I decided to get involved in the study of Substance Painter and see what it could bring to my work on textures.

The study is beginning to bear fruit and my first textures are in the workflow.

Some pics of my works:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Menestrel_HN-700_Paint.jpg   Menestrel_HN-700_VC_Paint.jpg   Menestrel_HN-700_Details.jpg   Menestrel_HN-700_Train_avant.jpg   Open-Alpha.jpg   2016-10-01_165201.jpg  

CL-215T_30.jpg   CL-215T_29.jpg   2016-12-29_113744.jpg   PBY-5A_01.jpg   WaterDrop.jpg   daube_image1900.jpg  

Savoia_Ext_96.jpg   Savoia-S-21_VC.jpg   Tableau_de_bord_D551.jpg  

Salut mes amis français,

don't listen to the colonials and islanders. Continuiez faire ce que vous faîtes!

Cordialement,

l'Allemagne

Great thanks to you: Europeans, Americans, etc ... and all people who love simulators
    French-VFR is only 3 people who like create and fly, so we take your time to finish each project and sometimes they take a lot of time ... so be patient

For Henrystreet, Mono-Bi is the project of Bernard "Bede40", it is not mine but I give you a good information: he has finished a second version of this plane and this v2 will be released as soon as possible ... perhaps this afternoon.

Great thanks to you: Europeans, Americans, etc ... and all people who love simulators
    French-VFR is only 3 people who like create and fly, so we take your time to finish each project and sometimes they take a lot of time ... so be patient

For Henrystreet, Mono-Bi is the project of Bernard "Bede40", it is not mine but I give you a good information: he has finished a second version of this plane and this v2 will be released as soon as possible ... perhaps this afternoon.
    merci, mon frere!

While we're having a Euro love-in, I'd just like to say that I'm still using the original Fravin Cessna 150 in P3D v4 (complete with cockpit sounds courtesy of Douglas Dawson's 64-bit sounds) and she's still a peach

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWeevil View Post
    While we're having a Euro love-in, I'd just like to say that I'm still using the original Fravin Cessna 150 in P3D v4 (complete with cockpit sounds courtesy of Douglas Dawson's 64-bit sounds) and she's still a peach
    SpaceWeevil, to clarify the situation, since apparently you don't know this addon, the Cessna Taildragger in question is a development for FSX/Prepar3D that Fravin and Franckart asked me a few years ago. They were very proud of the work we did and even surprised that their creation is still relevant and attracts today's simmers.

These two talented designers gave me theirs sources so that I could adapt them to the standard level. This is not a new version but THE same version adapted to current standards and to which I added a number of improvements:
    - the model has been modified to take in account the taildragger model which is very used in US
    - all instruments are now in 3D,
    - the windows are animated and the moter transmit vibrations on the all aircraft
    - textures have been set to FSX standard (bump ... AO are in the pipe)
    - a damage mod has been added
    - Doug's Dawson gauges are implemented in 32 bits for FSX and 64 bits for P3D

Best regards.

I love the Mono BI, and look forward to the update. It's a great little plane. Thanks for all your hard work.
    From America
    Sue

Thanks for the update. There are quite somethings to look forward for. The Dewoitine D.551 and the Savoia S.21 are really my favourites.

Thanks again,
    Huub

Didn't quite escape.
    Ooh. Ooh! Avions de Mer!

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    I love the Mono BI, and look forward to the update. It's a great little plane. Thanks for all your hard work.
    From America
    Sue
    Sue,

I was able to get the Mono-Bi (original 1 seater) working in P3Dv4 by downloading the x64 bit version of the RFN carrier gauge and editing the panel config file.

Working great!

Let me know if you have any trouble getting it to work.

Working fine Henry, but thank you very much for the offer.
    Sue

Good to hear that there is coming v2 of this awesome airplane

SpaceWeevil, to clarify the situation, since apparently you don't know this addon, the Cessna Taildragger in question is a development for FSX/Prepar3D that Fravin and Franckart asked me a few years ago. They were very proud of the work we did and even surprised that their creation is still relevant and attracts today's simmers.

These two talented designers gave me theirs sources so that I could adapt them to the standard level. This is not a new version but THE same version adapted to current standards and to which I added a number of improvements:
    - the model has been modified to take in account the taildragger model which is very used in US
    - all instruments are now in 3D,
    - the windows are animated and the moter transmit vibrations on the all aircraft
    - textures have been set to FSX standard (bump ... AO are in the pipe)
    - a damage mod has been added
    - Doug's Dawson gauges are implemented in 32 bits for FSX and 64 bits for P3D

Best regards.
    lagaffe,

I have always admired your work. Thank you for doing this. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    lagaffe,

I have always admired your work. Thank you for doing this. :-)
    It is a great pleasure to hear such compliments from someone like you, Milton!

With the recent release of the JustFlight C152, I have a lot more motivation to finish thes Taildragger v2, since this model seems more popular for US people than the tri-cycles model .

Members who have read this thread: 0