FSX Native B-26 Marauder Goes "Gold" - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native B-26 Marauder Goes "Gold"

According to MS Windows 7 Support forum it may be a version error with msvcrt.dll which is part of the C++ program.

See here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...196bf67?auth=1
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

For those of you having crashes, please load these replacement textures into your common "texture" folder.

Though they appeared correctly in DXTbmp, they would not open in Imagetool so I corrected them.

Just unzip, then copy the contents to the one common "texture" folder overlaying the original textures.

Then test.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I'm beginning to think its simply a texture overload issue when changing liveries multiple times. There are lots of large textures in the mix when you throw in the bumps and specs.

Of course it could be the NFL trying to get us all to watch the game :-)
    Could be Milton. I'm flying Big Ass Bird right now over central California with no problems. It was one of the paints the always crashed FSX. On the other hand, with me this all started when the first paint I loaded crashed the sim.

I did notice that some paint folder contain only the bits that are different (10 files), while some others contain the whole "shootin match" worth of files. Would this make any difference?
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

For those of you having crashes, please load these replacement textures into your common "texture" folder.

Though they appeared correctly in DXTbmp, they would not open in Imagetool so I corrected them.

Just unzip, then copy the contents to the one common "texture" folder overlaying the original textures.

Then test.

Thanks
    I'm getting the same results with the new textures. I can't find any pattern to this. Sometimes they load, sometimes not. Very strange.
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Could be Milton. I'm flying Big Ass Bird right now over central California with no problems. It was one of the paints the always crashed FSX. On the other hand, with me this all started when the first paint I loaded crashed the sim.

I did notice that some paint folder contain only the bits that are different (10 files), while some others contain the whole "shootin match" worth of files. Would this make any difference?
    Paul,

No, those folders that have more are because they are different than the common texture folder files. They were modified to suit the livery.

No folder has the whole shooting match. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'm getting the same results with the new textures. I can't find any pattern to this. Sometimes they load, sometimes not. Very strange.
    Thanks Paul; had to eliminate that as a possibility.

EDIT: The seemingly randomness may be coming clear soon.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Paul,

No, those folders that have more are because they are different than the common texture folder files. They were modified to suit the livery.

No folder has the whole shooting match. :-)
    I just realized that when I loaded your replacement files into the common texture folder. CRIKEY! There's a lot of files in there!
    HP Reverb G2

Okay, ONLY those of you experiencing crashes, try this.

Download, unzip, and copy the contents to your common "texture" folder only.

Test and report back please.

This replaces the huge bump map default textures.

Once replaced here, it eliminated my crashes.

Edit: At this point I am suspecting interior Bump textures.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I think that may have fixed it Milton! I went through the same routine that get me all my CTDs before: Pick plane, change paint, etc. No issues.

HP Reverb G2

I think that may have fixed it Milton! I went through the same routine that get me all my CTDs before: Pick plane, change paint, etc. No issues.

Okay, that is great. Now I would like to add back just the exterior bump maps to see if you are still okay.

If not, you can load the originals back from the previous b26bumps zip.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Okay, that is great. Now I would like to add back just the exterior bump maps to see if you are still okay.

If not, you can load the originals back from the previous b26bumps zip.
    Replaced textures from b26extbumps zip. Still no issues. Made more "change paints" operations this time than the last time. Still no problems.
    HP Reverb G2

I was experiencing the same exact behavior as PRB but the last round of bump zips have cured it.

Okay, ONLY those of you experiencing crashes, try this.

Download, unzip, and copy the contents to your common "texture" folder only.

Test and report back please.

This replaces the huge bump map default textures.

Once replaced here, it eliminated my crashes.

Edit: At this point I am suspecting interior Bump textures.
    Hi Milton,

Great looking aircraft !!!
    I also experiance FSX crashing on loading the B26, but randomly; sometimes it loads OK, sometimes FSX crashes at load .
    Not specific to a certain livery, and happens with loading in VC view as well as Spotplane view: the VC, or ext. visual model loads (but without textures), and a few sec. later FSX crashes (= exits spontaneously).
    This is with FSX-Accel on Windows-10 (fully updated).
    So I'll try the attached textures.

I assume when you speak of "common texture" folder, you mean the "texture" folder of the B26, not the main texture folder of FSX ....LoL

And a question: (sorry if I missed anything in the docs, but couldn;t find anything related)
    I couldn't get the nosegear to turn at taxi, so I couldn't steer the plane with rudder.
    Now, I looked in the aircraft.cfg file, and noted the turnangle of the nosewheel (point.0) is set to 180 degrees, which seems an odd value.
    Changed it to 50, and now it's working OK.
    Am I missing a rotation-lock of the nosegear ??
    Again, sorry if I overlooked it ..

Cheers, Rob

Edit:
    - New textures (attached to post 83): seems to solve it, no more crashes seen ....

- As to nosegear: to be sure, I also tried "tailwheel lock/unlock" but makes no difference.

Ran System File Checker scan earlier. No problems found.

Went on and tried all three texture replacement sets and as PRB, no more crashes.

Hi Milton,

First, what a beauty!!!, thank you and your team!, Second, I was having the above random Fatal crashes ( Win 7, FSX ), your last two texture 'Pills' worked a treat and the B-26 is back on her feet.....ah..wheels!, Third, ( or if you listened to the BBC radio show 'Burkiss Way' back in the 80's,'Thrid'), tried rcbarends front wheel trick, it works for me too!, I can remember the A-26 having a set up for the front wheel, Pedals or joystick, anyway as I have a joystick it seems better.

Thanks again folks, it's up there with the C-47!, SOH is the most amazing site with the most amazing people!

Steve.

Replaced textures from b26extbumps zip. Still no issues. Made more "change paints" operations this time than the last time. Still no problems.
    Okay Paul; thank you very much; we have it licked I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    I was experiencing the same exact behavior as PRB but the last round of bump zips have cured it.
    Yeaa! Thanks Moses

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Hi Milton,

Great looking aircraft !!!
    I also experiance FSX crashing on loading the B26, but randomly; sometimes it loads OK, sometimes FSX crashes at load .
    Not specific to a certain livery, and happens with loading in VC view as well as Spotplane view: the VC, or ext. visual model loads (but without textures), and a few sec. later FSX crashes (= exits spontaneously).
    This is with FSX-Accel on Windows-10 (fully updated).
    So I'll try the attached textures.

I assume when you speak of "common texture" folder, you mean the "texture" folder of the B26, not the main texture folder of FSX ....LoL

And a question: (sorry if I missed anything in the docs, but couldn;t find anything related)
    I couldn't get the nosegear to turn at taxi, so I couldn't steer the plane with rudder.
    Now, I looked in the aircraft.cfg file, and noted the turnangle of the nosewheel (point.0) is set to 180 degrees, which seems an odd value.
    Changed it to 50, and now it's working OK.
    Am I missing a rotation-lock of the nosegear ??
    Again, sorry if I overlooked it ..

Cheers, Rob

Edit:
    - New textures (attached to post 83): seems to solve it, no more crashes seen ....

- As to nosegear: to be sure, I also tried "tailwheel lock/unlock" but makes no difference.
    That's correct Rob; the B26Marauder/Texture folder.

As for the nose gear, no lock. It will not turn unless you are going less than the taxi speed limit, under 15 knots but turns easiest under 10. The RWorld aircraft has a castoring nose gear. But generally turns were limited to 35 - to degrees. Change your contact point.0 to 35 instead of 50 for better taxi and take off control.

Quote Originally Posted by bob407 View Post
    Ran System File Checker scan earlier. No problems found.

Went on and tried all three texture replacement sets and as PRB, no more crashes.
    Great to hear Sir; thank you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wringoon View Post
    Hi Milton,

First, what a beauty!!!, thank you and your team!, Second, I was having the above random Fatal crashes ( Win 7, FSX ), your last two texture 'Pills' worked a treat and the B-26 is back on her feet.....ah..wheels!, Third, ( or if you listened to the BBC radio show 'Burkiss Way' back in the 80's,'Thrid'), tried rcbarends front wheel trick, it works for me too!, I can remember the A-26 having a set up for the front wheel, Pedals or joystick, anyway as I have a joystick it seems better.

Thanks again folks, it's up there with the C-47!, SOH is the most amazing site with the most amazing people!

Steve.
    For rudder-based steering, change contact point.0 from 180 to 35. Provides better taxi and take off control.

Like so:
    point.0= 1, 18.350, 0.000, -8.395, 1800, 0, 1.395, 35.00, 0.393, 2.500, 0.900, 5.000, 6.000, 0, 150.3, 236.4

In the Real world, the nose gear was castoring. In the sim, Nose wheel will turn/steer easily under 10 knots but not much above.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; February 4th, 2018 at 16:40.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

For anyone wanting to apply the fix for crashes/freezes, I have consolidated the three zips above to one, attached.

Follow instructions in Readme to replace textures with these I uploaded.

I will be updating the main archive with this fix here shortly.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton,

If you permit me another remark (you know me as a sucker for detail, sorry ...LoL):
    Mousewheeling the Cowl flaps levers in the VC, works opposite to what you would expect (OK for all other Multi-position levers): scrolling the mousewheel up, makes the Cowlflaps levers go down; v.v.

Just a note if you ever make an update of the mdl.
    But again... Fantastic addon, really enjoying it ...
    Thanks !!

Cheers,

Rob Barendregt

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Hi Milton,

If you permit me another remark (you know me as a sucker for detail, sorry ...LoL):
    Mousewheeling the Cowl flaps levers in the VC, works opposite to what you would expect (OK for all other Multi-position levers): scrolling the mousewheel up, makes the Cowlflaps levers go down; v.v.

Just a note if you ever make an update of the mdl.
    But again... Fantastic addon, really enjoying it ...
    Thanks !!

Cheers,

Rob Barendregt
    Hi Rob,

Yes, I am aware of that. Actually tried several times to correct that but was unsuccessful regardless of how I put the pivot and re-animated.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have now updated the original download file to v1.1 to include the fixes.

Thanks everyone for your help in resolving the issue.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    More than happy to help, Milton, it's just like a hex I seem to have that when I report something it turns into a major evolution. Makes me afraid to touch the keyboard sometimes!

Milton and Team, you have knocked it right out of the park once again! Thank you all sincerely for your many countless hours of labor to bring to the community such a wonderful gift! You guys are awesome!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  

Beautiful release indeed! Thank you and your team! It's been great seeing this iconic bird come to finalization and distribution.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Just finished my first flight in the Marauder, using P3Dv4.1. The aircraft worked very well, except one thing. When I used pushback to move from the parking spot against a hanger, the plane stood on it's tail when I stopped the pushback, causing a crash, naturally. After restarting, made a short flight from KSEE, Gillespie Field in El Cajon, Ca. to KRNM, Ramona, Ca. Flight went well, take-off and landing handling was exceptional.

One question, probably not caused by the aircraft itself, when using Track IR5, why does the external view left-right pan only work with head motion, while vertical motion works with the pan button? Trying to look around the aircraft with this action is very hard, Ideas??
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Just finished my first flight in the Marauder, using P3Dv4.1. The aircraft worked very well, except one thing. When I used pushback to move from the parking spot against a hanger, the plane stood on it's tail when I stopped the pushback, causing a crash, naturally. After restarting, made a short flight from KSEE, Gillespie Field in El Cajon, Ca. to KRNM, Ramona, Ca. Flight went well, take-off and landing handling was exceptional.

One question, probably not caused by the aircraft itself, when using Track IR5, why does the external view left-right pan only work with head motion, while vertical motion works with the pan button? Trying to look around the aircraft with this action is very hard, Ideas??
    Hi Don :-)

Good to see you here.

Interesting that push back was an issue for you. I must have used that 12-15 times in the last 2 weeks and never had an issue.
    The main gear is well behind the CoG, like over a foot.
    Do you recall your load-out at the time? Empty, full, etc. ? I'll try to duplicate that problem.

Regarding Track IR5 question; I do not have that but maybe the camera views affect that? You can find them at the bottom of the aircraft.cfg.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 3