FSX Native B-26 Marauder Goes "Gold" - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native B-26 Marauder Goes "Gold"

The B-26 was in the PTO for a bit but then determined better suited for the ETO.

Anyone know why?

Of the repaints shown are any for those based in the Solomons or elsewhere in the PTO?

thanks!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Hey WH, that's my bad, ferondo and I were working on an issue and I put together some partial textures to send him. It will make no sense to you. You can just delete it. Sorry 'bout that!

Steve
    No problem. Thanks.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Wonderful work Milton and company. Gold is the perfect name for it.

Getting a little formation practice in this afternoon in this wonderful bird!

Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

I have just uploaded these 2 repaints to the library. Just need to wait for Rami to approve them. Once he does I will post the links to them.

Hamilton 'Hey' Maker....

Centenarian....

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Kudos to Milton and all the Team! It looks great, flies great! What more could you ask? I have paid good money for a lot less airplane. Thanks Guys!

Top drawer Milton and team, top drawer! Thank you!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Jankees, I like the washed out invasion stripes on Dee-Feater and Tom's Tantalizer. (They're all great, but I thought showing the weathering of the temporary invasion stripes is a nice touch!)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Jankees, I like the washed out invasion stripes on Dee-Feater and Tom's Tantalizer. (They're all great, but I thought showing the weathering of the temporary invasion stripes is a nice touch!)
    Exactly my feelings to Josh. Great work!

Thanks everyone for the comments.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Did this film feature the A model? I'm used to seeing the big scoops on the cowlings like Milton modeled or like the one in the thumbnail for the video, but the ones on the plane in the video were noticeably smaller. (And in a few shots the engine being filmed had a spinner.)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Did this film feature the A model? I'm used to seeing the big scoops on the cowlings like Milton modeled or like the one in the thumbnail for the video, but the ones on the plane in the video were noticeably smaller. (And in a few shots the engine being filmed had a spinner.)
    This training film was one result of action taken due to the early experiences that gave the short wing the bad rap. Inexperienced trainers, pilots and mechanics on the new Marauders caused most of the accidents.

Yes, this was the early model in the video.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; February 3rd, 2018 at 19:37.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just wanted to add to the many thanks and congrats to Milton and his creative team of fine aeroplane masterpieces. The Marauders look and fly great. Thank you for a superlative job. You and your team's legacy is solidified in glory. Have a great Super Bowl Sunday.. terry

Hey it went GOLD! Nice Job!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Hey it went GOLD! Nice Job!
    Thanks Rick. We appreciate your contributions to this one as well. Can you post a link to your metal texture?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Just wanted to add to the many thanks and congrats to Milton and his creative team of fine aeroplane masterpieces. The Marauders look and fly great. Thank you for a superlative job. You and your team's legacy is solidified in glory. Have a great Super Bowl Sunday.. terry
    Thanks Terry. You may recall that this started out as a community project and it ended that way as well. I just jumped back in to pull together the pieces that everyone had contributed and helped push it to the goal line. We have a great community of talented artists and for that, we are most grateful.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Good video of the Marauder manufacturing process.

No, that's not SOH membership there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WvTJZ1_G4
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Paintkit update available?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Good video of the Marauder manufacturing process.

No, that's not SOH membership there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WvTJZ1_G4
    Also a good video on how far we've come in workplace safety! Geez, people reaching through the brake press,other riding loads on the hoists and I don't think I saw a single person with safety glasses on. (The safety lady at my job has a conniption if we walk onto the shop floor without out glasses on! Never mind we're far away from any assembly operation.) Also the rotating jig was an early attempt at ergonomics. Not really for the benefit of the worker though, just for the sake of increased production. If the worker's suffering was eased that just seemed like a bonus! Somehow everyone made it through the day and got the job done though! I am still amazed how clean the Marauder was (and still is today.) I don't think there's a single lapped joint on it and everything was flush riveted. I can't even see panel lines with footage taken near the wingtip. It looks like it should have gone faster than it actually did!

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks to all the contributors to this project over the past year. My part was easy and their parts were long and involved.

Thanks to Ferondoe for doing the interior textures, front to back, a huge undertaking.

Thanks to Wellis for the panel and ECU textures.

Thanks to Duckie for the paint kits in two formats.

Thanks to Ferondoe and Duckie for allowing us to highlight some of their liveries for this release.

Thanks to Nigel for the sound package and for helping resolve some texture issues.

Thanks to Fliger for the FSX and FS9 specific flight models.

Thanks to Jan Visser for providing the original pilot figures we have used in many different packages now.

Thanks to Pierre-Jean Carosin for the fuel gauge/tank selector, and Gaucho_59 for the trim wheel textures, Joe Cusick for the Camera views, Greenhouse357 for his no-pods texture, Real_Old_Salt for the Radios, and Duckie for "discovering" a lot of little mapping issues.

And a big thanks to all of you who have done repaints of such awesome quality. There are more coming now with the release done.
    Be sure to check out Jankees' amazing textures, here:
    http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...downloads_file

This package is large, but could be much larger with all the liveries that I wished we could add.

This release included a lot of changes from the previous beta versions. Be sure to delete those old versions as they are not compatible.

For those of you who have done tweaks to eyepoints, camera views, effects, etc., they will need to be revisited.

Thanks to the SOH membership that helped this project along through its development and evolution. You all are great!

Now, let's just enjoy this ....

EDIT: I encourage all who have done liveries to post links in this thread for easy access.

Hello Milton,
    I wanted to thank you Milton for your beautiful model of the B-26 which allowed us painters to express ourselves with our paintings and for your responsiveness.
    Another big thank you Milton
    I hope and I will still be able to work on your future models it is only pleasure.
    Kind Regards
    Marty

Animated gun turrets

Enjoying the "Gold" B26. The animated gun turrets are nice but just out of curiosity, can they be made to stop movement when flying?

a bit more formation flying

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Enjoying the "Gold" B26. The animated gun turrets are nice but just out of curiosity, can they be made to stop movement when flying?

Sorry, GE, they are controlled to activate above 125kias. I'll put that on the list of possibilities.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by ferondoe View Post
    Hello Milton,
    I wanted to thank you Milton for your beautiful model of the B-26 which allowed us painters to express ourselves with our paintings and for your responsiveness.
    Another big thank you Milton
    I hope and I will still be able to work on your future models it is only pleasure.
    Kind Regards
    Marty
    Thanks Marty; now, we are all awaiting the rest of your textures to be uploaded here.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Paintkit update available?
    The paint kit was updated not too long ago. Go for it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 2