Inconnu Lodge, Yukon scenery - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inconnu Lodge, Yukon scenery

Finally got time to check this one out.

DAMN, Dimus, you do good work. This is spectacular. I spent the evening bouncing between Inconnu, Finlayson lake and RTMM's Tillei Lake cabin/airstrip. Had some fun in the Beaver, the A2A Cub, and I even loaded up the A2A T6 for a few bounces since that strip at the lodge is so nice. Made a nice break from a lumbering old flying boat over the Pacific ;-).

Thanks a bunch for sharing this!

Really glad to see people enjoying this! Thanks for the feedback, really appreciated!

You can blame YoYo for making that DHC3 repaint and lighting the spark!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Thanks Don!

Do you use any addon mesh? I have plain ORBX Vector setup in my P3D v3 and this is where I tested that, but with no addon mesh, just default. Vector introduces some small lakes and ponds which have correct elevations and create some anomalies in the default mesh that I tried to smooth out with flattens. If however the mesh is different than default these flattens may cause peaks and plateaus like you describe.

In the Inconnu Lodge\Scenery\ folder there is a file called Inconnu_elevations_CVX.bgl. Try deleting it or replacing it with the one in the \Inconnu Lodge\Variations\SAK\Summer\Scenery folder to see if it helps.
    Hi Dimus,
    Yes, I use FSGenesis payware mesh, throughout the world. Will try deleting/switching the bgls as suggested. Will also post some screenies.

Thanks for the reply.
    Again, love the scenery.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Hi Dimus,
    Yes, I use FSGenesis payware mesh, throughout the world. Will try deleting/switching the bgls as suggested. Will also post some screenies.

Thanks for the reply.
    Again, love the scenery.

Same here, I love the scenery. FSGensis mesh installed also. I was enjoying flying formation with the AI beaver when at around the 17th minute of the flight I noticed the AI aircraft dangerously low approaching a ridge. It had barely cleared the previous ridge. This time it plowed right into it. I then swapped the elevation files as suggested, no joy, same results the second time, except I didn't follow the beaver into the ground!

I'm no expert at AI flight plans, but if anyone modifies this one so the aircraft is above the ridges I'd appreciate someone posting the modified file to this forum.

This is a great scenery and this is not a complaint, just a comment and request.

Please keep up the good work.

Barry

I have tried a lot to avoid this crashing behavior. The problem is in the way AI are programmed to descend from their cruising altitude quite early. This is not very convenient for bush flying. Even if I increase the cruising altitude, the distance between the lakes is short and much of it is spent in climbing and descending. In the AFCADs, I have restricted the direction of the circuits as well as the landing direction to be as much as possible over the lake and not the hills. It works well only in ORBX NA SAK.

For FSGenesis mesh, I'm afraid I can not do much as I don't have it. If I had it I could adapt my flattens to be smooth and match the mesh, as I did for the default and SAK meshes that I had.

Thanks again to all for the nice words!

Dimus,

All worked including AI flights (no terrain collisions!) for me in P3Dv4. Thanks for doing this very nice package.

Been a while since I made AI float plane stuff and having trouble getting a water runway/airport to compile in P3Dv4 using ADE (latest version). Do you first "add" a concrete "runway" and then draw along its length a black "taxi link" and then narrow them down to zero width in concrete? It actually looks like you just draw a simple taxi path without first doing the "add a runway" step. But when I try that it won't save as a runway/taxi path but turns into a blue taxi way. Stumped.

Thanks for your advice.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

There is indeed a concrete runway of zero width below the taxi path. It is just too close and maybe you don't see it in ADE.

Thank you very much. Having a great time dusting off a couple bush planes sitting in the back of the hanger. Great fun!

Meant to say thank you weeks ago. I've been spreading the word and enjoying ! Beautiful job.
    Sue

Great enhancement!

Really enjoying this addon. Thanks you very much for the heart and labor you expended to create it!!!

JPMouse

Thank you very much Dimus, this scenery is simply outstanding!

Hi Dimus,
    this is a really beautiful scenery!
    Many thanks for your work...
    Cheers,

Stéph.

scenery trouble

I downloaded this file from the link given at Milviz but when I try to run the installer I get an error stating --- Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. you may not have the permissions to access the item.
    One I clear that the installer icon has disappeared from the folder.

To the best of my knowledge I have never had this problem with an installer before.
    I right click and run as administrator. I checked permissions and I have full permission
    (Each box is checked with a light gray check mark.)
    I am no rocket surgeon when it comes to computers, I wonder if any one has any clue what I need to do

My first suggestion would be to download the file again and try to install it with your antivirus off. I think I had that issue on my rig as well sometimes when trying out the installer.

If that does not work I'll look into it more.

Oh cool, I didn't know about this scenery. Goes well with my new orbx south alaska!

Thanks Dimus, that did the trick. I look forward to giving this a go.

Couple of Issues

Great work Dimus. I am just starting to fly backcountry with the DHC-2 Beaver and when I came across this just had to have it. Scenery is great but have two issues:
    1. Avatar walks up the stairs to the lodge and across the porch fine but can not walk the dock, either at the lodge or at Finlayson Lake...just falls into the lake and starts swimming.

2. Can not get the AI. Doesn't appear. I did not replace my entire DHC-2 Beaver Milviz aircraft.cfg file with yours'...instead I did a copy and paste of the [fltsim.3] (changed it to "fltsim.6" as that was my next number), then did a copy/paste of the contact points data and the Effects data into the .cfg file. Played with the times but no AI. Also, when I placed your contact points in the .cfg file, the Milviz DHC-2 regular aircraft sits about 2 feet above the ground in a level attitude...not on it's tail wheel.

Some additional information that may help:
    - Running v4.2
    - Orbx FTX, NA, SAK
    -Windows 10
    - DHC-2 Files not in default P3D folder...in a "P3D v4 ADD-ON" folder on the same drive as the sim.
    Also, I don't have a "\\SimObjects\Airplanes|DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC 2" folder as called for in you manual...see attached jpg for my structure.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DHC-2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	60517.

As you can see I have 10 DHC-2 Beaver Milviz folders in my SimObjects\Airplanes folder.

Hope that helps and that you can let me know how to get it working.

Thanks,

1. Avatar should be able to walk the dock at the lodge if you start from the beach. At least he did it in mine, with the same setup as yours. I have not tested this at all at Finlayson Lake so you may be right there.
    2. For the AI, you need to use the default P3D Beaver, not the Milviz Beaver. If you do not have repaints for the default Beaver I would suggest copying over the config files and the repaint and not edit them to avoid errors. The AI flight plan is made for the default Beaver so if you edited the Milviz one, of course it does not appear. You should roll back any changes you did to the MV Beaver as you may have damaged it.

I’m embarrassed…didn’t even see the word “default” and just misinterpreted the instructions…very sorry to have bothered you. AI works perfectly now…great sound when it starts up and taxies.
    Still can’t get Avatar to walk up pier from the land…goes about 4 steps and then falls into the water below. Wonder if FTX Vector AEC is putting your scenery in the correct position. When I first ran AEC it left the scenery at the top (#1 position)…then when I ran it a second time it put it way down below FTX Base and I lost the lodge and everything. When I manually moved it back up with the Orbx airports, things were back to normal. Where is the scenery in your setup?
    Thanks,

Glad the AI is working for you and please don'e be embarrassed, we've all been there.

The scenery should be placed above any of the ORBX entries. I will check the pier and the Avatar again to see if I have any holes on the platform.

One other question, please. I would like to make the two .wav files a little louder (without having to turn up the volume on my setup). Pulled them into Audacity, increased the volume in the files by 15 db and saved them as .wav files again. They play fine on the Windows player but won't play at all in the Sim. So had to revert back to my back-ups. I've done this before a couple of times on aircraft sound files that worked fine.

Can you tell me how I can increase their volume?

Thanks,

I checked the Avatar in my setup, with ORBX SAK and had no problem climbing the pier. For some reason the coastline may be located differently in your setup. I would suggest using the slew function to get on the deck of the pier if you wish to board a plane moored there.

As for the wav files the method you described should work, provided you save them in the exact same filenames and location.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I checked the Avatar in my setup, with ORBX SAK and had no problem climbing the pier. For some reason the coastline may be located differently in your setup. I would suggest using the slew function to get on the deck of the pier if you wish to board a plane moored there.

As for the wav files the method you described should work, provided you save them in the exact same filenames and location.
    Tried the slew function but no change...still goes for a swim. Not a big deal.

Finally got the wav files modified. Had to copy the files outside the sim...open them in Audacity...modify the sound and export them back to the desktop. Then copy them into the sim and it worked. Don't know why but got it done.

Thanks you your help and for the great scenery.

Where is the link?

sorry i made a boo boo and i cant find a delete post option so i had to write this instead...

The scenery is hosted in the Milviz forum here: http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=165&t=8837

Members who have read this thread: 1