Inconnu Lodge, Yukon scenery
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inconnu Lodge, Yukon scenery

Inconnu Lodge, Yukon scenery

This all started with YoYo's paint of the Milviz Otter. I googled the sign "Inconnu Lodge" and though... Great place! I'd love to go there but probably will never manage. Why not make it in the sim?
    It is ready now, and since it was inspired while testing the Milviz Otter, it is kindly hosted by Colin in the Milviz forum. You can find it here:

http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=165&t=8837

The lodge is located in the McEvoy lake deep into the Yukon area in Northern Canada. It is a fly-to place and you can get there on DH Canada products. Besides the pier, there is also a dirt runway to the north. I have added another water runway and pier on Finlayson lake less than 30' flight south-west by Beaver. There is also an AI Beaver floatplane flying between the two piers in Lodge house colors. Your best experience will be in P3Dv4.1 with ORBX FTX NA SAK, but I have given my best effort to cover also FSX and default installs as well as simpler ORBX Global Vector cases. A configuration app will make the necessary changes. Finally, thanks to Bill Leaming, this is the first time I create an installer, although you have to activate the scenery in the library manually.

Please follow the instructions in the readme and enjoy.

Thanks Dimus.Great as usual.

Cheers Chris

Some screens by YoYo (Thanks for the sounds and the AI Beaver paint mate!):

CAD2 is an imaginary ICAO code as is CAD6 for the Finlayson Lake site.

Charter Member 2011
    Beautiful piece of work! Thank you.

Wow, amazing work! Beautiful!
    Mark

Thank you Dimus! Spectacular work again.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Nice job! I miss designing bush scenery.

Don

That's a fantastic job full of creative touches here and there! I wouldn't hesitate to call it (and donate for) 'a payware-quality masterpiece'. Well done and thank YOU!!!
    Cheers,

Rustam A.

Thanks guys!

The best reward is to see people enjoying it. I forgot a link to the real place: http://inconnulodge.com/

This marked many firsts for me. First time creating an installer, adding sound effects (with YoYo's idea and help), dynamic night lighting for P3D and floatplane AI. The last one was maybe the hardest to debug. Some AFCADS from Ed (falcon409) really helped me understand what I had to do.

Just to also add, for default (non-ORBX) installs the McEvoy and Finlayson lakes coastlines were remade from scratch as the default ones were too far from the scenery and very crude in shape.

Thank you very much for this little gem Dimus!

It is outstanding!!!

Dimus, let me say first and foremost: Thank you.. I am really enjoying "some" of your package. It looks absolutely grand even though I only have the default scenery. I think Inconnu Lodge is beautiful and I have walked around it (using an avatar). However; I have two distractions. A: Finlayson Lake shows up on GPS, map, etc. but when I travel the full length, I don't have any structures on it. I have scenery details up such that I can see Inconnu Lodge with its pier, canoes, etc. What might I be doing wrong. Second B: I can select Inconnu beaver and it appears, flies normal. I've gone to both lakes at the scheduled times, and I'm not seeing the AI beaver (Inconnu?) ever show up, even though my ground, sea traffic sliders are greater than 50%. In the Inconnu scenery folder, there are files depicting Finlayson lake textures, objects, etc. The only objects I see are at Inconnu Lodge. Nothing at Wolverine, Trail, or Finlayson. According to the very well written Readme, I expect to see a pier at Finlayson. If anyone might can point me to a solution, I would appreciate it. I'd love to enjoy this package to its fullest. It's fun and a couple of the landing strips are challenging. Thank you for any help...Terry

Wow! Downloading/installing now. Thank you Dimus!!! NC

Terry, I understand you are running default scenery right? At Finlayson lake there should be a pier, a couple of canoes and a small cabin. Try starting a flight at CAD6, parking/dock1 and see if you can see any of those around you. Post a pic of what you see once you spawn there if you can. For Wolverine and Trail I have added nothing.

For the AI Beaver to appear you have to edit the aircraft.cfg as in the readme (contact points and effects) or replace the aircraft.cfg of the default Beaver with the ones supplied. Did you do that?

Finally, make sure you have selected ''default'' in the scenery configurator app, apply and close before starting your sim.

Dimus, thank you..thank you.. When I "go to CAD6" the pier and cabin appears. I need to check and see if they will return if I start at another place.
    IRT the AI aircraft. I pasted the config as in the readme and I've watched the computer time....oops.. maybe that's the problem. I need to double check the "in sim" time to see if the plane appears. I will get back..

OK..I'm back. The textures do appear when I start at CAD2 or CAD4 and return to CAD6. Perhaps I missed them, but I slewed up and down that lake and never saw anything until I used the "goto" selection.

Now regarding the AI beaver. No joy. I set the sim time two minutes before the scheduled times and I sat at either dock (Finlayson or Inconnu) and waited ten minutes..Critter never showed. I copied the config as instructed and I can select it, fly it and it's the Inconnu plane. I have airline traffic 60%, general aviation 80% and airport vehicles 70%.. Not sure what else to do. Any ideas??
    Last edited by simtech; February 8th, 2018 at 14:37.

Needless to say, I'm very happy. I finally got it to work. I had copied and pasted your changes to the current config file. I might have inserted a space or hidden character unbeknownst. I know the beaver flew ok and displayed fine. AI plane never showed up. This time I deleted the original config file and copied the config file included in the download package. To me, they looked the same and were the same... but something wasn't. After I pasted the entire config file included in the d/l, the AI was there! How joyous it is too!. Dimus, many many thanks. I had taxied up to Finlayson Lake in a DHC-3 Otter. the beaver spawned, started and I taxied out to the lake with it. You even included engine runup sounds..that's really cool..I flew formation throughout the flight back to Inconnu Lodge. The AI took the scenic route.However, it overflew the lake and went on the vanish from view. I returned to Inconnu Lodge and somehow it made it back before I did. (I think it respawned) Thank you so much..This is fun..The only reason I hesitated to download is you mentioned Orbx.. my little ten year old laptop can't handle Orbx. Then I read the readme and it stated this would work with default... Glory be ! This is fun..thank you, hundred times over..Terry
    Last edited by simtech; February 8th, 2018 at 18:25.

Stunning. Downloading now. Can't wait to visit.
    CrazyCanuck
    formely know as BigBry
    Flight "sinner" since 1989

Terry, I'm very glad to see it worked for you.

The AI in FSX/P3D are quirky and you never know how they will approach. I tried to limit the circuit direction and altitude to avoid the heights around both lakes, however I observed that in default setups the AI may crash on the hills, so it may never arrive. It will however respawn on the destination for the next trip. The main reason for the AI was to create ambiance and "life" at Inconnu with the added benefit of having a plane to follow in formation. The engine sound is default so no credit for me there.

In ORBX SAK the AI never crashes due to the more correct elevations.

Dimus, that's what I noticed. When I flew formation, the AI would fly into the ground and respawn at the dock later. I tried a quick and dirty AIFP and created a flight whereas I was parked at the pier and watched three beavers land on the water. That was neat.. Unfortunately only two taxied up, the third must have thought I was in the way and disappeared. This could easily become a big time sink. This is a lot of fun. I tried flying an A-5 in formation with the Beaver.... it really strained to keep up with the Beav. The visibility was super.. Anyhow, thank you very much for your contributions and this wonderful product. Keep 'em comin'. Fair skies and tail winds.. Terry

Wow is all I can say. Did a quick and dirty load into P3Dv4.1, with just ORBX vector, as I don't have SAL, yet. The scenery showed up very well, but had some ground level anomalies; dirt runway high plateau, some "peaks" around the immediate scenery area, only in the modeled part. Sorry, no screenies. The modeled scenery showed up very well, at both sites. Watched the AI Beaver take off, followed it with the Otter, and watched the AI land at Finlayson Lake and taxi to pier. Returned to Inconnu, and looked around a little. Excellent design. Looking forward to getting my settings correctly set to see more. Will also read the readme more thoroughly to see if I can fix the height anomalies. Thought I read something in them, but didn't do the settings, yet. Just me, and R/L time.

Thanks for a very nice scenery, Dimus.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Thanks Don!

Do you use any addon mesh? I have plain ORBX Vector setup in my P3D v3 and this is where I tested that, but with no addon mesh, just default. Vector introduces some small lakes and ponds which have correct elevations and create some anomalies in the default mesh that I tried to smooth out with flattens. If however the mesh is different than default these flattens may cause peaks and plateaus like you describe.

In the Inconnu Lodge\Scenery\ folder there is a file called Inconnu_elevations_CVX.bgl. Try deleting it or replacing it with the one in the \Inconnu Lodge\Variations\SAK\Summer\Scenery folder to see if it helps.

No AI Beaver for me...?

Hello Dimus,

I for the life of me cannot work out why the AI beaver will not show?

I have renamed the aircraft.cfg file in the P3Dv3.4 "Airplanes", "DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2" folder to aircarft.cfg.oringinal. I have then copied and pasted your P3D aircarft.cfg file into this "DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2" folder as well as your "texture.inconnu" entry. I have started a flight at Inconnu at 8:00 am, 10:00 am and 12:00 pm but no Beaver shows up!?

Please what am I doing wrong? Are there any particular slider settings required for the Beaver to show...? I have all my "traffic" sliders at 15%+.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Hi Tim!

The bad news is that I can exactly replicate the issue in my P3Dv3.4 install with ORBX Global Vector only and I confirm it. The AI does not appear. It appears fine in FSXSE and in P3D v4.1. I have not really tested that during development and I realize it now. Problem is that I can not explain it. It seems to be something P3D v3.4 specific. I will try to investigate but no promises.

Just want to say how much I am enjoying this, at the moment in FSXSE

Got me interested in flying again, loving the float bases.

Thank You
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Hi Tim!

The bad news is that I can exactly replicate the issue in my P3Dv3.4 install with ORBX Global Vector only and I confirm it. The AI does not appear. It appears fine in FSXSE and in P3D v4.1. I have not really tested that during development and I realize it now. Problem is that I can not explain it. It seems to be something P3D v3.4 specific. I will try to investigate but no promises.
    DOH!?! Thank you for looking into it Dimus. I thought it was me!? I will be upgrading to P3Dv4 very soon anyway.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Members who have read this thread: 1