Please,How do I install F-14 Extended v3.00

Thread: Please,How do I install F-14 Extended v3.00

Please,How do I install F-14 Extended v3.00

Hello guys,

Since I posted two days ago in the Aerosoft forum and via "Leave a message (for support) and NO answers till now...

I have this product since released and Iīve never had problems to install previous versions ,but this 3.00 version is driving me crazy...

It asks during installation : " Please select a folder to save the Scenery Data.To install to this folder ,click next.To install to a different,click Browse and select another "

Scenery Data ??? I tried the default pointed C:\Myaddons ?!?, it didnīt work... then I tried the default P3D directory.. It didnīt work either...

Geeezz, do I have to manually copy those folders from Aerosoft folder to P3D ?? If so whatīs the purpose of an installer?

Itīs funny because there are 4 Licence agreement files (4 languages ) but it does NOT even have a simple line installation instruction...

Thanks for any input,

Regards,

Hamilton

If you have any other Aerosoft scenery or aircraft installed in P3D V3 or P3D V4 you should have an Aerosoft folder in (for example):

"C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft"

Browse to this Aerosoft folder and choose for the "scenery" install location. If not you can create the Aerosoft folder in this location.

Edit: Have a look in this thread too

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ated-to-P3D-v4

It seems that the point of the installers choice of location is to install outside of the main P3D folder, which is recommended by LM. As the default location does not exist previously (at least not in my installation) you could also point the installer to your Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons"

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Thank you so much scotth6 , Iīll try that now. By the way Iīm using P3D v3 not v4 since there is an option in the installer for v3 I still donīt know why is not working.

Rgds

Thank you so much scotth6 , Iīll try that now. By the way Iīm using P3D v3 not v4. Since there is an option in the installer for v3 I still donīt know why is not working.

Rgds

Found the culprit!

Even choosing the P3D v3 option during installation the installer create a Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder ...user\yourname\Documents\ where it puts inside only a file "add-on.xml INSTEAD of creating a Prepar3D v3 Add-ons folder since I donīt have v4,so I delete the v4 folder and copy the Aerosoft F-14 Extended folder to my Prepar3D v3 Add-ons folder.

So it was NOT my fault, itīs a bugged installer.

Members who have read this thread: 0