BN2 Islander
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BN2 Islander

Hybrid View

BN2 Islander

I keep seeing some fantastic screenshots of AlphaSim's BN2 'Islander'. Does anyone have any clue when this great looking aircraft is going to be taking to the air? I don't dare ask AlphaSim directly cause they get testy when asked. (I'm not taking a cheap shot at AS...I have 33 payware and 12 freeware planes from this great group.) Just asking.

I'd love to give you guys an update but I don't know myself.:help:

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Man.. I thought it was out. I hope its out soon. I would like to pick that one up myself.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

In the two years that I've worked on getting things, I've never given a 'testy' response. Can't speak for others on the team though.. lol.. If you don't ask directly you won't get an answer- nobody here is in a position to give a date.

Never fear for I'm on the scene. Bottom line is though that no, there is no release date as of yet. It is not up to either art team nor anyone at AlphaSim at this moment in time.

When it is known by the team and I, the public will know.

ATB
    Forever lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by d0mokun View Post
    In the two years that I've worked on getting things, I've never given a 'testy' response. Can't speak for others on the team though.. lol.. If you don't ask directly you won't get an answer- nobody here is in a position to give a date.

Never fear for I'm on the scene. Bottom line is though that no, there is no release date as of yet. It is not up to either art team nor anyone at AlphaSim at this moment in time.

When it is known by the team and I, the public will know.

ATB
    Bad Marketing Amigo......It must be around 4 months, you or someone from the Islander development team (maybe a lonesome wolf) posted all kind of juice pics of the named subject which got pilots going up and down a tree or palm if in sunny places and saving some Mulaaa for it!!!!!......then Total silence as if someone died in Timbaktu..........Bad Marketing...I for one spend the Mulaaa I was saving for it.....downloaded 6 freeware ones, modified the panels, added better sound, re-painted some for an adventure in the Amazon and am comfortably carrying "Tukti Indian women from the shores of the Amazon to Rio ( made a deal with some jet jokeys from Rio so they can come to my home airport and take the girls to the Carnival)....and if I had not seen this post I had not remembered the "promised jewel" in two months at least.............Good luck when it comes out, maybe if itīs not to expensive, Iīll take my wife to dinner and beg her to let me buy it......maybe..........................Bad Marketing Dude Amigo...bad, bad.....donīt get under the rain!!!!!!
    ----------------------------------

Yay, Dan is back :welcome:

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks Dan.

Nice looking work Sir.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Thanks all.

There are a few more schemes that I will preview shortly. Three more German Islander's have been depicted at the request of the publisher.

Just a quick note- I didn't mean for my above post to sound or be at all harsh.

Stay happy everyone. :ernae:
    Forever lurking.

Master of Disaster
    Sounded honest and straight forward to me! I respect that! Thank you
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    I keep seeing some fantastic screenshots of AlphaSim's BN2 'Islander'. Does anyone have any clue when this great looking aircraft is going to be taking to the air? I don't dare ask AlphaSim directly cause they get testy when asked. (I'm not taking a cheap shot at AS...I have 33 payware and 12 freeware planes from this great group.) Just asking.
    As I reread this post, I guess this was a cheap shot. What I tried as humor is just nasty. I should have just asked the question without the garbage. Sorry for that.

Thanks for the information...looking forward to the Islander.

On Another Planet
    Believe me...I have asked. Basically my answer was that they had no idea when it would be out. That's fine with me though because personally i would rather have them take longer and have fantastic plane than to rush it and produce something nobody likes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Any updates on the Islander's release? I'm interested in somehow getting a repaint done of it in Harbor Air (Washington State based)....colors...........That is, before the airline went out of biz.

Thanks.

NC

No new news, sorry.
    Forever lurking.

Bad marketing.. bad press, this that- whatever. I am bowing out of this topic. It's not my fight.

All the best.
    Forever lurking.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bad marketing.. bad press, this that- whatever. I am bowing out of this topic. It's not my fight.

All the best.
    LOL
    dont blame ya!
    H

All the best.
    Enjoy..........take a vacation it will do you good.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gera View Post
    Enjoy..........take a vacation it will do you good.
    That could be seen as a personal attack
    and we have rules about that!
    H

its like asking a piece of a puzzle what the big picture looks like...how the F would he know :ernae:
    ...so you saw some screenies and heard a rumor - congratulations to you.

let the artists art and the developers develope and have a coke and a smile when the plane is released
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

who's paying them for there coke and smiles ehh the tooth fairy?
    were not sitting here wondering we want aircraft now baby thats what we pay for!!!

For those who are interested (i.e. 'Gera' and 'Trans') I just uploaded both the HMCG and the Headcorn Parachute Club schemes for the freeware FS2004 version here at SOH. They should be available within 24 hours once the Admins clear them.
    Larry

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    who's paying them for there coke and smiles ehh the tooth fairy?
    Well, certainly not us. One nice thing about not having a package out is that we haven't paid a penny for it - hence the advice from pretty much everyone for people to stop complaining that it isn't out yet and either chat, or fly something else in the meantime!

I have funds right now. I'm just trying to decide between the RAS Duke, the Alpha Albatross, the Alpha FSX Texan/Harvards and the Dodsim B206 for what to get... Or something else entirely... Decisions... Decisions... :isadizzy:

Based on the preview screenies, this will be a must have for a pilot like me. Beautiful looking bird! Keep up the good job

gajit
    LOL - what does anyone expect from developers - release dates seem to slip all the time (where the hell did the Bird Dog go??!!) so I take them more as predictions than fact.

LOL - what does anyone expect from developers -
    Honest information and an update from time to time..?
    Anneke

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Honest information and an update from time to time..?
    Thats a big ask from most of them