The 500

Thread: The 500

The 500

Hey All,

Kinda late for this but in tomorrows Daytona 500...

I got Jimmie all the way!

Who You Got?

-Ed-

PS Hate seein Martin in the 5!
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

SOH-CM-2024
    Didja see the nationwide race yesterday Ed? Good race, didn't have "the big one". Ol' Smoke had a good one with that Hendrick's car.

I may miss the start today if the weather is fine, because I am going to have to get a bike fix, been too windy the past week. But I hate the COT cars in a restrictor plate race. The Truck and Nationwide races are always better.

Caz

Hey All,

Caz I did see the nationwide race and it was a good race. Smoke did a heck of a job keeping that car under control there at the end with Busch pressin him so hard. I'm not a Stewart fan but that was good drivin.

Cup wise this year might be interesting with DEI and Childress working together and Ganassi in Chevy's. Hendrick may have a tougher go of it. The open wheel folks can take note - no manufacturers left NASCAR and the fields will still be full - that is racing support.

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

redriver6
    well jr. sure has been drivin with his head up his rear end all day....and caused a big wreck

Hey All,

What's the definition of anti-climatic?

Kenseth winning a 500 due to rain just like he won a Championship without winning a single race all year - of course with the help of the deliberate blowup of an engine by Martin a part owner of his car.

Bit of a bummer start to the 2009 NASCAR season.

The high note though - all them Petty Dodges in the top 10 - WTG Petty Enterprises! Richard you deserve it.

-Ed-

SOH-CM-2024
    Bummer all the way Ed.

What I would like to know is why we had to wait over an hour and a half for the start of the race? Dumb! Start the coverage at 2:00 and the green doesn't drop until 3:35! Whose stupid idea is that? They knew it was going to rain, start the race at 2:30 darn it, TV already had an hour of pre-race coverage. Stupid.

And Junior needs an arse kicking! NASCAR penalizes Jason Lefler yesterday 5 laps for doing exactly the same thing Junior did to Vickers and lefler wasn't below the yellow line! Oh, that's right, he's an Earnhardt! Took both of my men out and yours too. To tell you the truth, I think junior was half stoned from cold meds, missed his pit box, drove helter-skelter all day. Boy needs a talking to.

I am getting so fed up with NASCAR's bull-hockey manner of handling races.

Dumb, a total bummer race, hope California's better, but you can bet the powers that be at NASCAR and FOX will bum that one up somehow too!

Caz

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    The open wheel folks can take note - no manufacturers left NASCAR and the fields will still be full - that is racing support. -Ed-
    Not really Ed, it's 'Daytona 500' support.
    Let's wait and see how things pan out ............
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

redriver6
    just like he won a Championship without winning a single race all year
    not exactly true there Ed, he won a race that year and 25 top tens.

there has never been a NASCAR champ with zero wins for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    ... with the help of the deliberate blowup of an engine by Martin a part owner of his car. ...
    I missed that part. Mark Martin blew up his engine on purpose? Wow!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

redriver6
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I missed that part. Mark Martin blew up his engine on purpose? Wow!
    yep and there are alien bodies stored at area 51 too:costumes:

Hey All,

Fair enough he did win one race that year - wasn't sure I just remembered how conservative he was. My mistake.

That said at one race late in the year (2003) and late in the race Kenseth's main points competitors had pitted under green and Kenseth was coming in. His crew chief yelled at him to stay out stay out - he did as Martin - part owner of his car roared out of his pit box and before even getting on the track blew his engine. Yellow came out Kenseth's main points competitors were trapped a lap down with lots of cars on the lead lap basically guaranteeing Kenseth the Cup. Fact. Many believe Martin and Roush generally speaking are incapable of having that kind of situational awareness and generally speaking they are but I have no doubt that in that case they did and Martin did. To believe otherwise is like saying nobody in Washington had any inkling that Pearl could happen. Can't comment on area 51.

-Ed-

"Martin - part owner of his car roared out of his pit box and before even getting on the track blew his engine"

Ed believes in the tooth fairey as well .............
    Old territory.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Hey All,

Ed believes in the tooth fairey as well .............
    Old territory.
    Yes it is "old territory" but it happened. Some think coincidence - I don't cause I listened to the whole thing and was almost yelling at the TV for NASCAR to not allow it. However maybe Martin can make up fpr it. What if Martin blows an engine in the 5 later this year for Chad Knaus and Jimmie Johnson giving Jimmie title number 4 - then it' sheer genius! Oh an I'm waitin for some teeth to fall out so the fairey can bring me some money - might need it with this economy!

-Ed-

Members who have read this thread: 0