I remember that someone once compared hovering to trying to stand up on a floating inner tube, ...
Actually it's more akin to balancing a basketball on top of a broom handle, while standing on a beach-ball, that is balanced atop a medicine-ball.
But I do like the water thing. I'll have to think on how to integrate that..

I can fly choppers in FSX pretty well. Add in HTR, or Helicopter Total Realism, a little program that REALLY improves the realism for choppers in FSx, and they are a challenge, but awfully fun, for me. I have a number of favorites, including a Bell 206, a Killer Egg, as other pilots call them, or MD 500, a Bell Cobra, and now Maryadi's MV-22, which is a sort of a helicopter/airplane cross breed. Fantastic aircraft, it really is.
It's been a while, so I'd need a little practice time to get re-proficient, like for last year's race, but it wouldn't take me long, if we need choppers flown for this year's race. It's possible!
Same for the Section8 F-86. I'd need some touch-n-goes to get proficient in it again.
I hope we get notified about things like that, but you know how "they" are...

I'll try to run a leg tomorrow morning. I hope can get one in. Real life keeps knocking me around...

Have fun, gang!
Pat☺