RTWR 2018 Practice 4 - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: RTWR 2018 Practice 4

SOH-CM-2016
    I'll join in, wingman to Gatwick, in the SOH F7F-3. FSRWX Pro.
    Martin (FS RTW Race pilot 2009-19)
    Win7 x64 | MSI X79A-GD65 | Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB

Well, Spook, looks like you got it. Everything looked great. I suspect carb ice got me. I kept up with the mixture, Pitot heat on, and I STILL lost power. I put the nose down, tried to recover, but it bit me again. I think I'm going to take a few days to practice, I am really messing this up. I apologize to everyone. I really am better than this. I am just having some really bad times lately. I will do practice, and be right back in ready to go in a couple days.

I do apologize to all for messing this up so badly. I AM better than this...
    Honest...
    Pat☺

FlightLog_12-49-13.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_12-49-13.JPG  
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

SOH-CM-2016
    Baton pilot has dropped off radar in the mountains, so I've diverted to LFHQ to check he's OK.

Wingman transfer, and Baton is free at LFHQ.

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/logs/Hy...yRoyjzuTlY.txt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HyD8OJDK1u7hm7x1yRoyjzuTlY.jpg  
    Win7 x64 | MSI X79A-GD65 | Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB

SOH-CM-2016
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    I do apologize to all for messing this up so badly. I AM better than this...
    Honest...
    Pat☺
    Don't worry Pat, no need to apologise! This is why we practice. You'll be fine!

Alrighty then, let's try this again...
    I have the baton, at LFHQ, headed to EGBB in the SOH F7F-3, FSRealWX Lite.
    Thanks for stopping in to check on me. After some rest in the local clinic, I'm a little sore in spots, but gtg. Glad my Ground Crew brought the spare bird in on a C-130.

Awaaaaaay we go!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

About 30 min out + approach.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

About 10 min out, plus approach.
    In I go, again...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

The baton is down safely at EGBB. Duenna to follow.
    Pat☺

FlightLog_13-05-26.TXT

Best approach and landing I've made in a while. Last might's practice T&G's apparently paid off. More different planes tonight.

Looks like a good jumping off point for Greenland.
    Alternatively, another relatively short hop would get you father north, maybe a better airport. The UK does have a few airports sprinkled about...

Time to hit the Club for a pint, then off to an Inn for some much needed sleep.
    See y'all soonest!
    Pat☺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_13-05-26.JPG  
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Short hop in the default FSX DC-3 to test the duenna mostly. EGBB to EGCD.

Baton is free at EGCD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_17-38-52.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have baton EGCD-EGPO FS9 DA Cheyenne FSRWX
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Up and green, eta 1:10
    MaddogK

sigh, overran the runway, crashed it. baton back at EGCD
    I forgot the props reverse
    http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...VxB021rewPf9zQ
    MaddogK

I don't know if it counts, because I cauldn't log into the site when I was ready for take-off, buuut....

I took the baton from EGCD to EGPO in the SOH F8F Bearcat (LOVE this bird!!), FSRealWX Lite.
    Down and safe at EGPO. Duenna to follow...

FlightLog_23-58-54.TXT

Great jump-off to Greenland. Too cold for me, though. North Sea storm blowing, raining, cold, miserable...
    Thank goodness for heat in the cockpit and a good heavy flight jacket! Time to make a run for the Tower to do the paper-work, then to a nice cozy Pub to sit in front of the fire and drink Whisky...

If it doesn't count, let me know, and I'll do what I can when I can to help
    Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_23-58-54.JPG  
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

I don't know if it counts, because I cauldn't log into the site when I was ready for take-off, buuut....

I took the baton from EGCD to EGPO in the SOH F8F Bearcat (LOVE this bird!!), FSRealWX Lite.
    Down and safe at EGPO. Duenna to follow...

FlightLog_23-58-54.TXT

Great jump-off to Greenland. Too cold for me, though. North Sea storm blowing, raining, cold, miserable...
    Thank goodness for heat in the cockpit and a good heavy flight jacket! Time to make a run for the Tower to do the paper-work, then to a nice cozy Pub to sit in front of the fire and drink Whisky...

If it doesn't count, let me know, and I'll do what I can when I can to help
    Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    Ya, seems this site does self maintenance around 12:15 am CST everyday, so we use the alternate site at 'sim-outhouse.net' during the race if this site is down. Will have to find that official post explaining this to the new guys.

Anyhow, how'd you like that storm brewing over Glasgow last night ? Threw my little cheyenne around pretty badly, thought I might lose my virtual lunch but the scenery was amazing. I'll post a pic when I get home. Nice run, ya made good time.
    MaddogK

I had a 35-45 kt headwind the whole way. Bumpy as the road I live on too. Ever get "potholes" in the air?
    Raining when I got it down, thankfully the winds were close enough to the runway heading the landing wasn't bad. Bumpy all the way down to about 500'AGL too. As I was hand-flying, the stick was all over the place, trying to keep some semblance of control
    At least the clouds stayed up around 1800'AGL, so I had decent (other than the rain on the windscreen) visibility.
    Never a dull moment.

I'll get onto the alternate site, and register, all that good stuff.

A question, if I may: I ran the Race for a couple years in Flightsim's team. Now that I've moved over to Sim Outhouse, does that give me Rookie status again? I'm just wondering, because a Mulligan might save us a leg. It might help the team. Poncho is in the same boat, so you might have 2 mulligans available, if needed. Just a thought...

Pat☺

Edit: Is my forum username and password usable on the sim-outhouse.net forum as well, or will I have to register there and get a new username or password?
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

SOH-CM-2016
    A question, if I may: I ran the Race for a couple years in Flightsim's team. Now that I've moved over to Sim Outhouse, does that give me Rookie status again? I'm just wondering, because a Mulligan might save us a leg. It might help the team. Poncho is in the same boat, so you might have 2 mulligans available, if needed. Just a thought...

Pat☺
    This isn't an official answer - I'm not on the Race Exec Committee - though I have been a Duty Officer at least a couple of times.

The intent of the Mulligan Rule is to help pilots new to the race to overcome any fear that they might crash and cause the team a penalty. With a Mulligan, they can crash, do a wingman transfer, and the team loses nothing. This year they even get two Mulligans each!

But moving to a new team, having flown for another race team in previous years, isn't the same situation. I think you and Frank aren't rookies - we saw how many flights you guys flew for FlightSim in the race last year!!

SOH-CM-2016
    I have the baton, EGPO to BIEG, Alpha F-80, FSRWX Pro.

SOH-CM-2016
    It's a dark, wet, cloudy and windy night off the north coast of Scotland. Level at 500 feet, and trusting that autopilot will keep me above the waves...!

ETE 0:51.

I'll get onto the alternate site, and register, all that good stuff.

Gooooood try , Pat. You ever think of a second career in used car sales?

Edit: Is my forum username and password usable on the sim-outhouse.net forum as well, or will I have to register there and get a new username or password?
    Pat☺
    It requires that you register again, but the two sites don't communicate so you can duplicate things if it's a help. Also, the Keepers of the Keys will be contacting you and Ponch about access to the Team's Secret Hideout. Don't worry, its not too expensive.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

SOH-CM-2016
    ETE 10 mins

SOH-CM-2016
    Baton is free at BIEG

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/logs/8p...jTwKJa1pl0.txt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8piiyxvua2MFwG3ljTwKJa1pl0.jpg  

I have baton BGCO-BIPA FS9 Miltons Tigercat FSRWX
    MaddogK

up and green
    MaddogK

down and green, baton free BIPA

Watch that mountain , almost invisible in the dark.
    MaddogK

Members who have read this thread: 0