Cessna U206G Soloy Mark 1 V3.0 is available - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cessna U206G Soloy Mark 1 V3.0 is available

Bjoern,

Roman

Wow, now there is a lot of movement around - first, I got sdk of G600 of F1 with all I need. Its a nice work from modelling point of view. At least much work, but it is the same like GTNs, GNSs or RXP, so there is nothing special new. Bjoern sent all the info I need, thats great. Many thanks Bjoern!

Anyway, all these improvements are on the list with Mark 2, now. Later, I will send Alexander the first Mark 2 for adjusting airfiles and other improvements. Soloy Aviation sent us helpful contact informations about Mark 2. And last but not least, perhaps we have a new engine sound.

Thomas

I've paid good money for planes that weren't half as good as this. Many thanks, Thomas! A true masterpiece....
    -Mark

What a wonderful flight I had today indeed!!! Thanks to Thomas and his wonder-craft... Although the start-up procedure seems a bit sophisticated for my old brain.

But I think I'm doing smth wrong here. My only option was the auto-start. Well, actually I've tried to follow what's described on p.8 of the included manual. But whatever I try to start the engine manually, I always fail. XMLTools is installed and recognized by FSX. I checked the throttle - GROUND mode is on, fuel CUT OFF, propeller level IN. But the N1 needle doesn't go up to reach 13% when the starter is engaged, even when I open the fuel lever (back to IN position). Then, when the engine is finally started, plane starts rolling unexpectedly (even after autostart and throttle at 0%). Even the brakes can't stop the roll... Anyway... Continue experimenting.

Any advice with manual startup?

PS: Also, anyone with performance tables / fuel /range data for this birdie? Google search was useless so far...
    Last edited by simurq; February 4th, 2018 at 07:22.
    Cheers,

Rustam A.

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Wow, now there is a lot of movement around - first, I got sdk of G600 of F1 with all I need. Its a nice work from modelling point of view. At least much work, but it is the same like GTNs, GNSs or RXP, so there is nothing special new. Bjoern sent all the info I need, thats great. Many thanks Bjoern!

Anyway, all these improvements are on the list with Mark 2, now. Later, I will send Alexander the first Mark 2 for adjusting airfiles and other improvements. Soloy Aviation sent us helpful contact informations about Mark 2. And last but not least, perhaps we have a new engine sound.
    Great news indeed!

Any frame rate hit with the G600 installed? I have the GTN units and they are fine on my system.
    Just curious before making a second deep never-on-sale plunge into the wallet.
    The G300 in the Flight1 Skycatcher was a total frame rate killer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post
    Bjoern,

Roman,

(Image won't display )

Sorry for bring up this very old thread and sorry if I offend any of you but I am wondering if I have to install XMLTools for FSX into my FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2? Is it possible to use this plane without XMLTools for FSX? Regards, Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Sorry for bring up this very old thread and sorry if I offend any of you but I am wondering if I have to install XMLTools for FSX into my FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2? Is it possible to use this plane without XMLTools for FSX? Regards, Aharon
    The XMLTools file is needed for realistic engine behavior. If you aren't interested in that then you probably don't need it. Question is, why not install it? It takes very little time and you get the best performance from an excellent airplane.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    If you aren't interested in that then you probably don't need it. Question is, why not install it? It takes very little time and you get the best performance from an excellent airplane.
    Easy answer: TOO SCARED to install XMLTools.dll into FSX because I do not want to mess up my FSX!!!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon, XMLTools.dll is absolutely harmless. You can use it with confidence, because only airplanes that have been programmed with it can use it.

For the Soloy´s it is, however, necessary to have right engine indicators.

But this threat is definitely the wrong one - V4 are the actual Soloys...

Thomas

TiAr:But this threat is definitely the wrong one - V4 are the actual Soloys...
    I am sorry but I do not understand this statement?????

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon, users could think, this is the actual threat. This one is better!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...light=Soloy+V4

Thomas

I am sorry but I do not understand this statement?????

Regards,

Aharon
    Flightport_Soloy_Mark1_V4_FSX_P3DV3.zip This download, Aharon? I had the V1 now I will try the V4
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Aharon, users could think, this is the actual threat. This one is better!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...light=Soloy+V4
    Thanks for link for version 4 and apparently I downloaded wrong version 1 and hope I do not need XMLTools.dll for the version 4 Hence me asking here

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Flightport_Soloy_Mark1_V4_FSX_P3DV3.zip This download, Aharon?
    DRAT I downloaded the wrong one (version 1)!!!

Gonna go back and download the correct version 4!!!

Regards,

Aharon

DRAT I downloaded the wrong one (version 1)!!!

Gonna go back and download the correct version 4!!!

Regards,

Aharon
    So far, testing this new one and I have zero throttle/thrust response...odd! Throttle lever moves as I move my throttle on my joystick. I also hope that the XMLTOOLs are not needed for basic flight!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    So far, testing this new one and I have zero throttle/thrust response...odd! Throttle lever moves as I move my throttle on my joystick. I also hope that the XMLTOOLs are not needed for basic flight!
    Thanks for testing and please let me know how it is.

I am VERY CONFUSED.

What is difference between version 1 of FSXA native Cessna T 206 H Soloy Mark 2 Turbine Pac for FSX and P3DV1-V3 with files DATED MARCH 17, 2018 and version 4 of V4.0 Cessna U 206 G Soloy Mark 1 Turbine Pac for FSX and P3DV1...V3 with files also DATED MARCH 17, 2018 if BOTH VERSIONS HAVE SAME MARCH 2018 RELEASE DATE???

Regards,

Aharon

THis is the best freeware general aviation aircraft on my hard drive. I fly it as my default general aviation airplane. Simply payware level fantastic stuff.

Thanks for testing and please let me know how it is.

I am VERY CONFUSED.

What is difference between version 1 of FSXA native Cessna T 206 H Soloy Mark 2 Turbine Pac for FSX and P3DV1-V3 with files DATED MARCH 17, 2018 and version 4 of V4.0 Cessna U 206 G Soloy Mark 1 Turbine Pac for FSX and P3DV1...V3 with files also DATED MARCH 17, 2018 if BOTH VERSIONS HAVE SAME MARCH 2018 RELEASE DATE???

Regards,

Aharon
    No confusion I would think. Look at the model type sir. . .There is a Mark I version and a Mark II version. . .two different airplanes.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    No confusion I would think. Look at the model type sir. . .There is a Mark I version and a Mark II version. . .two different airplanes.
    Ahhh okay thanks Both look same to me LOL

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    THis is the best freeware general aviation aircraft on my hard drive. I fly it as my default general aviation airplane. Simply payware level fantastic stuff.
    Glad that I made decision to download that plane! Thanks for thumb up review.

Regards,

Aharon

Very nice aircraft! I did a test to make sure my throttle was working by starting with the default King Air and then switched over to the U206G. It flew fine!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test flight.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	71077

Flying NOW a testing flight abroad C206 with extra underneath cargo pod from PAUN to PAGA!!!!! Everything looks stable and good although I cannot find deice button to activate in Fightport model base. The manual shows three deice buttons but I cannot click on those because the view of three buttons are blocked by steering yoke

Regards,

Aharon

you can hide the yokes. Please read the Manual, you will find a lot of more uncommon informations about these birds.

Regards,

Thomas

Anyone else not seeing any display for Amps when the Amps/Volts switch is moved to the right. Mine shows blank for Amps and 26 for Volts.

Thanks

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 1