How about an X-plane round up

Thread: How about an X-plane round up

How about an X-plane round up

With talk of the Stiletto and the XF-92 in development, i thought it would be a good idea to have a round up of what X-plane's are out there to fly in FSX. Thought i'd start the ball rolling with an oldie from Piglet, his X-24A , an fs9 oldie from 2004, still works and is a blast to fly. tricky to start up though, you'll need the throttle open about half or the engines ( sorry, rockets ) cut out, and it could use re-gauging as well.
    A bit primitive for some taste's, but getting as much altitude as poss, killing the power and gliding into Edward's without ending up like the "Six Million Dollar Man" whats not to like

There are quite few done very well by Xtreme Prototypes.

http://xtremeprototypes.com/en/

I have the X-15-1 and the CF-105 Arrow, and they are both excellent sims.

Here is a pic I have which shows a few. I like the paint on the F-15 STOL X Plane.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

There's a fine selection , who's 106 is that, ive got Robs, so im guessing Virtavia.

PS, the X15 looks a beast, i read Neil Armstrong's biog a few years back, that was his baby for many flights

The pic is actually a photo. I know, it's hard to tell these days.

When I first found this pic I tried to find out what they were and if there were FSX/P3D models, but didn't get too far with the FSX side of it. I would love someone to do the F-15 STOL model and the one on the far right (F-16 XL). It shouldn't be too hard for someone with the source models to alter and add a few bits and pieces. Here are a few interesting links, including one for a FSX X-29 by Kazunori Ito.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...-grumman-x-29/

https://youtu.be/1SvCgcCY9rg

https://youtu.be/1X7bNh32DLY

https://youtu.be/y_XewotKl4o

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Would like to see a Northrop HL-10 from them

Members +
    Blog Entries
    https://simviation.com/1/download-fi...p&fileId=50293
    Attachment 57499

I did an X native version of the X-24, the plain Piglet with a dragchute added. There are additional variants for orbital and sub orbital flight with Rob's space gauge. Those are based on the proposed 'C' model, lofted on a Titan III - TIII core, heavyweight TIIIC, and sub-orbital TIIISI with Centaur second stage, and a orbital with just the Centaur OMS. There is also a USAF 'NERVA' type mothership and an 'instant launch complex' run on AICarriersII. Never did get it U/L'd here, my bandwidth was derpy then, I kept timing out on big DL's. One of these days, I need to go back at that, do another material update and do the SRB animation sequence over; FSDS reverses coordinates. But, not too bad for an early attempt.
    The X-15 is in the pipe, somewhere. It keeps stalling as I get distracted with other things (like insurgencies &C.), and I've been doodling with the KBT B-52's, one of which will be the Balls Eight model with the ability to drop flyback X-15's and X-24's. (Forum search 'Edwards' for a thread on 50's/60's Edwards in progress, there is a drive link to the B-52D.) A variant of the dropped object missile solution permitting (I hope!) the dropped X-plane to 'soft land' on the lake bed, depending on your aim. The SkyStreak(Craigs) and X-1 are also in the pipe, somewhere.

Also: Robs SkyLancer, probed prototype, NASA paint...

F16xl

Seeing the comment on the F16XL jogged a memory - was done by Shigeru Tanaka back in 2002 for fs2002 ! Its still on Flightsim.com, filename STFALCN3.ZIP.

Tried to get it working in Fs2004 and CFS2 - failed on both counts ...

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    https://simviation.com/1/download-fi...p&fileId=50293

I did an X native version of the X-24, the plain Piglet with a dragchute added. There are additional variants for orbital and sub orbital flight with Rob's space gauge. Those are based on the proposed 'C' model, lofted on a Titan III - TIII core, heavyweight TIIIC, and sub-orbital TIIISI with Centaur second stage, and a orbital with just the Centaur OMS. There is also a USAF 'NERVA' type mothership and an 'instant launch complex' run on AICarriersII. Never did get it U/L'd here, my bandwidth was derpy then, I kept timing out on big DL's. One of these days, I need to go back at that, do another material update and do the SRB animation sequence over; FSDS reverses coordinates. But, not too bad for an early attempt.
    The X-15 is in the pipe, somewhere. It keeps stalling as I get distracted with other things (like insurgencies &C.), and I've been doodling with the KBT B-52's, one of which will be the Balls Eight model with the ability to drop flyback X-15's and X-24's. (Forum search 'Edwards' for a thread on 50's/60's Edwards in progress, there is a drive link to the B-52D.) A variant of the dropped object missile solution permitting (I hope!) the dropped X-plane to 'soft land' on the lake bed, depending on your aim. The SkyStreak(Craigs) and X-1 are also in the pipe, somewhere.

Also: Robs SkyLancer, probed prototype, NASA paint...
    I had a lot of fun with Piglets X-24 in FS9 so I downloaded and tried your X-24 conversion into P3D4.1 The model itself worked fairly well, biggest issue was the panel which uses 32 big gau files, they were not included but was easy enough to re-download piglets original to find them.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSNILMOT View Post
    Seeing the comment on the F16XL jogged a memory - was done by Shigeru Tanaka back in 2002 for fs2002 ! Its still on Flightsim.com, filename STFALCN3.ZIP.

Tried to get it working in Fs2004 and CFS2 - failed on both counts ...
    Thanks. I might check it out anyway.

There is also another one, also for FS2002: f-16xl3.zip.

There are also about 3 more for FS98, buuuuut

• Craig's D-558 is still available as a portover on Flightsim and otherwhereb (douglas_skystreak.zip).
    • An X-31 is also available on Flightsim (rokwlx31.zip, panel update: x31-pnl.zip).
    • Not sure if it includes an authentic soundset, but Ito did an XF-84 (Flightsim; fsx_thunderscreech.zip)
    • As a blast from the past, there's George Diemer's XB-15 (xb15bb89.zip ; Flightsim)
    • F-15 ACTIVE (f15_act.zip ; Flightsim)
    • Piglet's XP-56
    • Piglet's Flying Wings (XB-35 and N-9)
    • Somebody also did an XFY Pogo

Blog Entries
    Well, I've got what there is of Piglets XB-35. Theres no cockpit, and the bomb bay doors are missing, and the co-pilot/engineering deck hasnt been done yet, but it flys. Havent tried it in P3Dv4 yet.. I dont think piglet would care any more if i shared it or not.. The flight model does maintain some of the falling leaf behavior this plane exhibited during a turn, but i've toned it down a bit to make it flyable..

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Pam, I'm certain I could make a set of bomb doors, mapped to the extant textures and merged into the external. Do stuff like that all the time. Ditto for the cojo's hole. Then take a stab at the VC...well, why not? That wouldn't be up to Tim's specs, but I think we could at least get the external completed. Maybe chivvie the more accomplished pixel-smashers on board with a completed external.

Is there a flyable FSX version of the X-24 or HL-10 ?

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Is there a flyable FSX version of the X-24 or HL-10 ?

I found a FS2004 X-24A. It looks pretty good, but have never tested it. I would like to find a X-24B.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...earch-x-plane/

Probably not what you want to hear, but the only HL-10 I could find was one for X Plane 9.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php...-lifting-body/

I didn't search for long, so a thorough search of all the sites could result in more.

Members who have read this thread: 0