Ai carriers

Thread: Ai carriers

Ai carriers

Didnt know this but AI carriers show up in p3d. I just landed my f4U on the Enterprise of off Barakoma. Carriers wont show in instant replay,but if you manually start recording they do show. I'm working on getting a good view mode right now. Maybe someone could help me with this.
    Thanks
    BUD

wave fx file

Yes, Aicarriers works fine in P3D4. Yet carriers (Nimitz, Clemenceau) do have limitations: for example I cannot see their wave effect.

Does anyone has a working wave.fx file that can be used with the Nimitz in P3d4?
    Thanks
    Ega

Are you referring to the WAKE effect?

Also, for those dealing with AIcarriers for the first time, only the .NET version of it works with P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by ega View Post
    Yes, Aicarriers works fine in P3D4. Yet carriers (Nimitz, Clemenceau) do have limitations: for example I cannot see their wave effect.

Does anyone has a working wave.fx file that can be used with the Nimitz in P3d4?
    Thanks
    Ega
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

wake effect

...sorry, it is wake effect indeed....

Look on Avsim. They have p3d_replacement_effects.zip . That might do what you want...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

@ega, did you see this reply from Frank in the P3D screenshot thread? Hope it helps.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/105943-P3D-v4-Screenshots/page16 Post #392

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    If the issue is the wake pointing to the sky you can borrow the wake I fixed for the Team SDB Enterprise. You can find it here.
    Hope this helps.

....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

OK, damned PC stuff has me confused. I'm trying to do the manual install of AI Carriers and the instructions state I need to add the text to the P3D exe.xml file, but I have been unable to find any file associated with P3D that has that name. I've looked under Roaming and in the main P3D folder. Nada. Can anyone offer some help? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    OK, damned PC stuff has me confused. I'm trying to do the manual install of AI Carriers and the instructions state I need to add the text to the P3D exe.xml file, but I have been unable to find any file associated with P3D that has that name. I've looked under Roaming and in the main P3D folder. Nada. Can anyone offer some help? Thanks.

In windows 10 it is here: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    In windows 10 it is here: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Joe
    Yeah, I should have pointed out I've looked there as well and there isn't a filee named exe.xml

I have CustomCameras.XLL, DefaultRecordAndPlayback.xml, DiscConfirguration.xml, DLL.xml, HLAConfiguration.xml, LWcfg.xml, UISettings.xml, VehicleFavorties.xml, and WaterConstants.xml.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Yeah, I should have pointed out I've looked there as well and there isn't a filee named exe.xml

I have CustomCameras.XLL, DefaultRecordAndPlayback.xml, DiscConfirguration.xml, DLL.xml, HLAConfiguration.xml, LWcfg.xml, UISettings.xml, VehicleFavorties.xml, and WaterConstants.xml.
    This file isn't created aiutomatically by P3D, so you need to create it yourself. Just create a file called exe.xml in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. I've attached a sample of what this file should look like, just replace the text in red with the location of your aicarriers.exe

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AICarriers</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>D:\Program Files (x86)\AICarriers\AICarriers-dotnet.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>-nogui</CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>
    </SimBase.Document>

Quote Originally Posted by gdavej View Post
    This file isn't created aiutomatically by P3D, so you need to create it yourself. Just create a file called exe.xml in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. I've attached a sample of what this file should look like, just replace the text in red with the location of your aicarriers.exe
    Oh, OK, thank you. That's what I was missing. I made all of that, but thought I was supposed to place it in an existing file.

Members who have read this thread: 0