Douglas X-3 Stiletto X - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Douglas X-3 Stiletto X

I wish we had a good looking Groom Lake scenery the fly these out of! Looks great!

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    I wish we had a good looking Groom Lake scenery the fly these out of! Looks great!
    More likely a Muroc/Edwards scenery.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Blog Entries
    Welll, I'm sorry guys. I tried making a video of it to show it off on launch day, but, Instant replay abruptly ends after about three minutes and places you back at the end of the flight your replaying. I dont know whats causing it. If anyone can proffer a clue, I'd greatly appreciate it..

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    More likely a Muroc/Edwards scenery.
    I wonder why this has never been made after all these years of FSX :-)

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    I wonder why this has never been made after all these years of FSX :-)

Cheers,
    Mark
    Welll, it's just a guess, but, virtual airlines were quite popular for a few years. Probably still are, and except for Janet airlines, nothing flies to those places except military planes, and for those, i haven't even a laymans guess..

Blog Entries
    Well kids, here it is. Your first peek. You can count the thermal layers by the number of rolls left and right and the nose bounces. There are good reasons why this plane was never to be flown into any kind of weather.. I make no apologies for the obsolete software i used for recording it. It's all I have. I do apologize for Youtubes weird formatting and my lack of knowledge as to how to do a professional job of it. I sincerely hope you find this, entertaining and informative..
    Thank you.
    Pam

Good job, Pam! World's fastest lawn mower. You land 'em like I land 'em.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Blog Entries
    Welll, it's like I told Mark. zYouve got a 200 mph tricycle under you when you land. It doesnt steer very well and has a tendency to go unstable and imitate the six million dollar man, if you try.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Well, it's like I told Mark. You've got a 200 mph tricycle under you when you land. It doesn't steer very well and has a tendency to go unstable and imitate the six million dollar man, if you try.
    I'll wind up being the $1.50 man cartwheeling down the runway trying to pop the dragchute

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    If all goes well, I plan to have a beta release out by the weekend.

This will serve to get some exposure to various computer systems and testing variety as we work to wrap up the package.
    We have been working diligently to wrap up some little things; just a few more left to do. Not sure we'll make it today but will not be long now.

Thanks for your patience.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-sep-9-015.jpg   ms-2018-sep-9-007.jpg   ms-2018-sep-9-003.jpg   ms-2018-sep-9-001.jpg   ms-2018-sep-9-016.jpg   ms-2018-sep-9-017.jpg  

ms-2018-sep-9-018.jpg   ms-2018-sep-9-019.jpg   ms-2018-sep-9-020.jpg   ms-2018-sep-9-021.jpg   ms-2018-sep-9-024.jpg   ms-2018-sep-9-026.jpg  

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

That looks absolutely amazing. BTW, I really like the AB effect as well.

Looking great, Milton & Team! Gonna have myself wrapped in 5 layers of bubble-wrap to get ready for my crash tests.....er flight tests

Looking great, Milton & Team! Gonna have myself wrapped in 5 layers of bubble-wrap to get ready for my crash tests.....er flight tests

LOL Well, if you follow the flight phase guidelines and keep a steady hand on approach, you should not have issues.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Firefly.....
    "This landing could get interesting..."
    "Define 'interesting.'"
    "Oh God ..... we're all going to die?"

Just checking back in. Everyone on the Milton team doing OK?

Just checking back in. Everyone on the Milton team doing OK?
    Indeed, we are. Hold up is being addressed as time allows. Should not be much longer; then we can beta test.

Thanks for understanding.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Indeed, we are. Hold up is being addressed as time allows. Should not be much longer; then we can beta test.

Thanks for understanding.
    Not a problem, Milton. Was just getting a little worried about health issues. No rush on my part.

Blog Entries
    I made final adjustments to the handling two days ago and passed the FDE to Paul. Paul will run it through one more sieve and make final adjustments too the power train before sending it too Milton. Please Understand though that Paul is back under a full work load and is taking precious time to assist us and may take a little longer than any of us including him, would like.

Loved the video ! Thanks for all the work. Looking forward to crashing, er, flying this!
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Loved the video ! Thanks for all the work. Looking forward to crashing, er, flying this!
    Sue
    Bubble wrap, Sue, and lots of it!

OK, my new flight suit is ready for the X-3 test flights!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	63865

Members who have read this thread: 0