RTWR 2018 Practice 3

Thread: RTWR 2018 Practice 3

Hybrid View

RTWR 2018 Practice 3

Using the same rules for P1 and 2, proceed from RKSS to FACT. For this practice, commercial airliners are encouraged, but not required, since we can guess this type will be allowed, and they can be more challenging to land. No need to consult the white list for legal airliners. If you can land one in a dark and stormy night...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

I have the Baton RKSS-ZSQD in the Captain Sim B721.
    Doing this flight on multiplayer and TS3.
    Fair skies and following winds,

Frank

Appx. 35 min. out.
    This will be the final position report. Gotta watch the barber pole.

Frank

Baton is free at ZSQD.
    Also, running Active Sky Evolution. Sorry that I forgot to mention that until now.

All in all, not a bad flight. This particular iteration of the 727 requires a bit more user input than more modern tubeliners. No autothrottle, no altitude preset, and vertical speed adjustable only in 400 foot increments. No set-it-and-forget-it for this platform. My eyes were constantly darting between the airspeed indicator and the fuel flow indicator while constantly adjusting the throttle to find the sweet spot. Even with that, I managed to get about eight warning clicks on the overspeed while descending before I could yank the throttle back and make that noise quit.
    The weather, on the other hand, wasn't all that bad if you discount the occasional 100kt headwinds. Tops at 15,000 w/ clear sky above. I must have done the math correctly, because I ended up with centered ILS needles on a seven mile final with the approach path offset ninety degrees from the original course. Even with the limited visibility, the approach was fairly uneventful. METAR at time of landing: ZSQD 202200Z 000MPS 3000 BR NSC M01/M03 Q1023. If anyone wants to translate it from the metric system, be my guest. I have experienced much worse fog in the winter flying the sim into and out of my closest "tube-port" KSMF.
    Pleased with how things went. I just hope I can keep duplicating the uneventfulness of this flight!

FlightLog_14-53-31.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_14-53-31.JPG  
    Last edited by ponchovilla; January 20th, 2018 at 14:47.

Frank

Have the baton from ZSQD to ZHHH in the FSX Boeing 747-400. Default real wx.

Edit: Nice job with the 727 Frank.

FSX just froze up 35.29 minutes into flight. Seeing if it will come back to life.

Members who have read this thread: 0