GAS Luscombe Phantom Pre-release sale 20% off list 19.95 USD

Thread: GAS Luscombe Phantom Pre-release sale 20% off list 19.95 USD

GAS Luscombe Phantom Pre-release sale 20% off list 19.95 USD

Continuing our practice of offering our new models to the SOH community and Facebook followers we are pleased to release the Luscombe Phantom for flight simulator. This model is fully compatible with FSX FSXSE and ALL versions of P3D and contains a custom installer for V.4. Here's what you get.

Product Description:
    The Phantom was formally introduced to the public at the 1934 National Air Races where, it would be safe to say, caused a near panic with race goers with its style and innovations. It received its type certificate number 552 on 8-18-34. The all metal framework was unusually tough enough to withstand the stress of amateur aerobatics, but its intent was not for that purpose but to be a "let's-go-somewhere-fast" airplane powered by the 7 cylinder Warner "Super Scarab" series 50 engine producing 145 h.p. which provided for sea level maximum speeds of 168 m.p.h, cruising at 143 m.p.h. This was an all metal high-winged cabin monoplane with side to side seating for two. The all metal "stressed-skin" fuselage offered strength, reliability and practically no maintenance. The rest of the aircraft was all metal as well. "No wood, no nails, no glue!" The Phantom represented a milestone in light aircraft manufacturing and brought the name Luscombe to prominence and high regard among private-owner market, which remains to this day. Our representation of this iconic aircraft is fully animated with tool tips active in the VC cockpit for all animated parts. It is fully compatible with all versions of FSX and P3D.

Our package includes:
    High quality, fully animated 3D models representing Land, and Float Plane options
    Fully Modeled Detailed Warner "Super Scarab" engine
    High Resolution (4096 x 4096)Textures
    Fully Animated VC cockpit with VC Cockpit Shadowing and smooth 3D modeled gauges
    VC cockpit Custom Sound Package
    Volumetric Propeller Textures
    High Fidelity Sound Files
    Precision Flight Dynamics
    Fully Animated Pilot Figures
    Paint Kit
    Custom installer for FSX, FSX SE and P3D Versions 1 - 4

Download Here
    http://www.payloadz.com/go/sip?id=3230034

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Box Shot No Border.jpg  

Taker.... Thank You!!

Awesome! This may keep me out of your Monocoupe 110 for a little while.

Got it! Thanks Spad54!!!!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Got it! Thanks Spad54!!!!
    You maybe interested to know that the Brazilian Navy flew one until the 40's. I found this while doing our research

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bravillian Navy Phantom Description.jpg   Bravillian Navy Phantom.jpg  

Nice find!! Will do a research to find more about it. If i succeed , ill do a repaint for that and post here. Thanks for the info

The only other image i found with brazilian navy colours. Will search more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Luscombe_Phantom.jpg  
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Nice find!! Will do a research to find more about it. If i succeed , ill do a repaint for that and post here. Thanks for the info

The only other image i found with brazilian navy colours. Will search more.
    I look forward to what you come up with. Given that only 25 aircraft were produced I was certainly surprised to find one (or more) in Brazil

I'm getting an error message when I try to load the Phantom in P3Dv4:

Error Encountered
    The system cannot find the path specified

Full Error Code: 0x3
    Location 5
    File: SimObjects\\Airplanes\\Luscombe Phantom\\sound\\Phantom\SND3.wav

Sorry, I couldn't get a screen shot of the actual error message, but I tried to reproduce exactly what was there.

I downloaded the Phantom into my xml folder on my P3Dv4 drive (not C drive), the same place where I have my
    other GAS planes for P3Dv4 (all of which work fine even though intended for FSX).

I can see the SND3.wav file in Phantom sub-folder in the sound folder, so it is there. I noticed in the error message
    there was only one "\" between Phantom and SND3.wav, whereas all other folders on the path were separated by two "\"'s.
    I don't know if that means anything.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks - RobM

PS: the same thing happens if I try to load any of the Phantom float planes.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    I'm getting an error message when I try to load the Phantom in P3Dv4:

Error Encountered
    The system cannot find the path specified

Full Error Code: 0x3
    Location 5
    File: SimObjects\\Airplanes\\Luscombe Phantom\\sound\\Phantom\SND3.wav

Sorry, I couldn't get a screen shot of the actual error message, but I tried to reproduce exactly what was there.

I downloaded the Phantom into my xml folder on my P3Dv4 drive (not C drive), the same place where I have my
    other GAS planes for P3Dv4 (all of which work fine even though intended for FSX).

I can see the SND3.wav file in Phantom sub-folder in the sound folder, so it is there. I noticed in the error message
    there was only one "\" between Phantom and SND3.wav, whereas all other folders on the path were separated by two "\"'s.
    I don't know if that means anything.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks - RobM

PS: the same thing happens if I try to load any of the Phantom float planes.
    The error message is related to the sounds for the VC. The default path is for model install is on drive C. Using alternative drives has not been tested but that should not have been an issue as long as all the bit and pieces end upn in the correct folders. The entry that drives the sound is in the panel folder

here is the entry copied from the files used in the installer tested on this end with success and no error that we found with three V 4 users

gauge00=GAS_Sound_64!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,SimObjects\\Airplanes\\Luscombe Phantom\\sound\\Phantom#18

Not completely sure why its not seeing only one of the 18 sound files associated with the model

take a look at you panel config file and make sure that the entry is the same. Failing that uninstall and try reinstalling.

I'll be out of town for the nest week with access to e-mail but not the simulator until Sunday.

Does the model load at all despite the error. I also noticed a copy of the panel.cfg file in the panel folder. Delete that, not that it should make a difference again it does not on this end. Finally I sent as e-mail to the sound package programmer to see if he may lens insight into the error message. Sorry for the inconvenience and bother. I'm sure w'll get it sorted eventually.

Best way to continue this conversation is via our support email which is in the manual.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I'll send an email to support, but don't rush back on my account. I'm sure everything will get fixed.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but still the same error message. The message pops up after I select the plane and airport,
    and click ok. The error message doesn't disappear no matter how many times I click the ok button in the message or the
    red X at the top of the message. Perhaps because of this, the sim never loads, the small loading animation just keeps
    turning. Eventually I just kill P3Dv4 using the task manager.

The line you mention is inside the P3Dv4 panel config file, exactly as stated above. As copied and pasted directly from my
    P3Dv4 panel:

gauge00=GAS_Sound_64!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,SimObjects\\Airplanes\\Luscombe Phantom\\sound\\Phantom#18

The panel-copy you mention is only in the FSX version, not in the P3Dv4 version.

But I'm not without the Phantom. Just on a thought, I installed the FSX version into P3Dv4, and that works fine, like all the
    other GAS FSX planes I have in P3Dv4, just no vc click sounds. But that's not that much of a worry for me.

Great plane by the way, love the float version, and the FDE.

Anyway, I'll send the email to support, and you can get back to me when convenient.

Thanks - Rob

Will the sale last till Friday the 26th? I've been checking your storefront at FSPilotshop occasionally looking for a new vintage cruiser! (Really loved the Mystery Ship package and the Cleveland scenery that came with it was an awesome bonus! I'm always on the lookout for Golden Age air racers!) Were you guys able to wrangle a Scarab powered aircraft to pull sounds from?

Its A WINNER...Museum quality Work. a Great Historical Plane A Maximum Construction Effort Lead By Paul Corish ..THE BOYS AT GAS DID IT AGAIN....THNX ALL With Integrity..Both visually and in Functions AS REAL AS IT CAN Get...If I ever see One On a Ramp somewhere??? I would Jump In a fly it..would be no surprises!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Will the sale last till Friday the 26th? I've been checking your storefront at FSPilotshop occasionally looking for a new vintage cruiser! (Really loved the Mystery Ship package and the Cleveland scenery that came with it was an awesome bonus! I'm always on the lookout for Golden Age air racers!) Were you guys able to wrangle a Scarab powered aircraft to pull sounds from?
    Thanks. The sale lasts until Sunday morning the 28th.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I'll send an email to support, but don't rush back on my account. I'm sure everything will get fixed.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but still the same error message. The message pops up after I select the plane and airport,
    and click ok. The error message doesn't disappear no matter how many times I click the ok button in the message or the
    red X at the top of the message. Perhaps because of this, the sim never loads, the small loading animation just keeps

The line you mention is inside the P3Dv4 panel config file, exactly as stated above. As copied and pasted directly from my
    P3Dv4 panel:

The panel-copy you mention is only in the FSX version, not in the P3Dv4 version.

But I'm not without the Phantom. Just on a thought, I installed the FSX version into P3Dv4, and that works fine, like all the
    other GAS FSX planes I have in P3Dv4, just no vc click sounds. But that's not that much of a worry for me.

Anyway, I'll send the email to support, and you can get back to me when convenient.

Thanks - Rob
    I'd like you to try a manual fix sending you a link in a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Thanks. The sale lasts until Sunday morning the 28th.
    AWESOME!!!

P3Dv4 panel:

Thanks - Rob
    Note this problem now solved (thanks to GAS support for their really quick reply): I was getting the error message when I was
    trying to load the P3Dv4 version into an outboard xml folder, but when I loaded directly into the P3Dv4 root folder, the problem
    was solved. I guess it's just the way the path to the sound folder is stipulated in the plane's files.

Thanks again to GAS customer support, and as said before, a really enjoyable plane to fly.

- Rob

beautiful inside and out!!
    I finally got my PC problems sorted out so I missed out on most of the development of this project but WOW ! it sure turned out a winner.
    Good work by the team at GAS and the testing associates
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 1