GPWS / Altitude Callouts in P3D V4

Thread: GPWS / Altitude Callouts in P3D V4

GPWS / Altitude Callouts in P3D V4

Hi all
    I have been attempting to add GPWS altitude call-outs into a couple of P3D V4 jet airplanes one being the great DM / Bjoern BAC -1-11 - had them working in P3D 3.4 but no luck in V4.1. Just wondering if anyone may have played with this and might have a fix. I suspect that the problem may be a now incompatible gauge but I don't have the facility to fix it. The package I used is "Boeing Callouts - FSX from Avsim or Flight Sim.
    Thanks in advance
    Warren

Hello,

You have to replace the "CALLOUT_SOUND.dll" which is a 32bits dll by "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll" you will find on Doug Dawson’s
    Web Site (https://www.douglassdawson.ca/).

And you have to update you panel replacing

Code:
    gaugexx=CALLOUT_SOUND!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,0,0, ./Sound/CALLOUT/Sound.ini

by 

gauge36=dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound, 0,0,0,0, ./Sound/CALLOUT/Sound.ini
    Good luck

Gérard

Hi
    I just had time to play a bit - swapped gauges and changed the .cfg but no luck yet. I'll look more later. Does this new gauge have to be renamed perhaps?
    Thanks
    Warren

No need to rename...

To help figure out what's wrong, you can add a gauge "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!debug"
    Look at the details in the readme in the zip.

Gérard

Hi Gerard
    Thanks for the help so far. If that gauge is on Mr Dawson's website I can't find it. I checked all the read-me I have reference this new gauge and don't see anything related. Have you been able to make this or a similar call-out package work in 4.1?
    Take care
    Warren

Hi,

dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll works fine in P3Dv4.* (we use it in the MV22B Osprey package).
    No need to rename it, but doesn't harm either ..

But three suggestions:
    1. Look at the gauge definition.
    This old renamed XMLsound (old version) uses

gauge**= CALLOUT_SOUND!dsd_xml_sound3, 0, 0, etc

whereas this 64 bit (and the later 32bit versions) uses

gauge**= dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound, 0, 0, etc

2. To make sure it can find the .ini file and defined .wav files, use the default .ini file name and place all of them in the same folder as the dll itself.
    So just use

gauge**= dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound, 0, 0,
    and rename the ini file to dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.ini

Again, other (relative) pathnames will work too, but just to exclude a pathname problem.

3. Have a look in the ini file, because a lot of things have changed since this version of CALLOUT_SOUND.
    Like volume setting, volume control, panning, etc...
    And I'm not sure this is all compatible.
    So compare the current data against the info in the new dll text file.

Rob

Hi all
    Renaming and re positioning files is probably a bit beyond my talents but I'll have a careful look today, I can always hope that someone comes up with a call out package compatible with V4.
    I appreciate all the help and suggestions so far.
    Thanks
    Warren

Hi Rob
    In my first attempt at editing and adding to the panel .cfg file I. received an error in the P3D V4 start up that it couldn't find the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64! sound gauge. I was able to correct this and the error is gone but still no call-outs so I assume the problem now lies in the new gauge reading gauges in the sound folder - something I'll have look at a bit later - progress I guess but not much.
    Thanks again
    Warren

Hi Warren,

Not sure what more problems there could be with the Callout package you are using now.

But I have another suggestion.
    A long time ago (2005), I developped a GPWS package for FS9.
    Available o.a. as file rcbgp-33.zip in the Avsim library ..
    This package has the same callouts as the package you try to use now, and a lot more.

I made an FSX version of it (rcbgp-40.zip), but I don't think I ever uploaded it publically (other then mailing it to some 30+ users who contacted me via Email)
    See the attached picture and functional description.

Now, it would be very easy to make a P3Dv4 version of it if there's any interrest.
    I don't have P3Dv4 myself, but I'm pretty sure it will work in P3Dv4 with the proper XMLsound version (which I will include).
    Just need to adapt some stuff in the XMLsound .ini file , to make it compatible with Dougs latest XMLsound version.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rcbgp-40.gif  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rob
    I used that very gauge in many aircraft in FS2004 - even I could install and use it. I would be very much interested in having the FSX with what ever might be needed for P3D V4.1.
    Thanks in advance. Warren

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Rob
    I used that very gauge in many aircraft in FS2004 - even I could install and use it. I would be very much interested in having the FSX with what ever might be needed for P3D V4.1.
    Thanks in advance. Warren
    Okay.
    Betatest version for my GPWSv5.0 (All FSX and all P3D versions) is in the mail ..

Cheers, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi Gerard
    Thanks for the help so far. If that gauge is on Mr Dawson's website I can't find it. I checked all the read-me I have reference this new gauge and don't see anything related. Have you been able to make this or a similar call-out package work in 4.1?
    Take care
    Warren
    You have a MP

Gérard

To Pierre .......

Your Pm Inbox is full !!!

I released the GPWS v5 almost a year ago here in the Warbirds Lib.
    In the P3D addons - panels and gauges section .....

Cheers, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Your Pm Inbox is full !!!

I released the GPWS v5 almost a year ago here in the Warbirds Lib.
    In the P3D addons - panels and gauges section .....

Cheers, Rob
    Hi Pierre,
    Okay, read your PM.
    And glad to hear it works as advertised …..

Hope you can get your SOH account problems sorted out.

Cheers, Rob

Members who have read this thread: 4