Iris PC-9 Iris TA-6 Texan freeware Downloads

Thread: Iris PC-9 Iris TA-6 Texan freeware Downloads

Iris PC-9 Iris TA-6 Texan freeware Downloads

Hi,I want download the Iris PC-9 Iris,and the TA-6 Texan for fsx,there are two places,I have found to download them 1.Iris simulations,and 2.Rikoooo,is there any difference between the two sites versions?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Hi,I want download the Iris PC-9 Iris,and the TA-6 Texan for fsx,there are two places,I have found to download them 1.Iris simulations,and 2.Rikoooo,is there any difference between the two sites versions?
    Probably no difference. I prefer to download from the horse's mouth rather than a wannabe. Isn't it a T-6A Texan?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Last time I went looking for the T-6A, the Iris simulations link wasn't working.

Then I just got it from simviation for the lack of a better place.

It is exactly the same as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the info guys,and yes,sorry my mistake T-6A Texan.

Rikoooo likes to steal other peoples work and reupload on their own site with their own wrapper, I would avoid them at all costs. Anything found on Riko can be found elsewhere.

SOH-CM-2020
    Is this the one you're looking for .... IRIS Pro Series T-6/A Texan II

https://www.fs-freeware.net/downloads/download/88-propeller-aircraft/3013-fsx-iris-pro-series-t-6-a-texan-ii.html

Pete.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if it still has my FDE ::LOL::

Actually, I think i was only a beta tester for them at the time.. Rick Left and I took over his position..

Whoah there, if that link provides payware for free then it shouldn’t be here!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2020
    According to the preview .... "Ex payware stock from Iris Simulations."

If this isn't the case then I'll remove the link.

Sorry if I got it wrong.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Rikoooo likes to steal other peoples work and reupload on their own site with their own wrapper, I would avoid them at all costs. Anything found on Riko can be found elsewhere.
    There's irony in that statement, but I will leave it lay.....hence Iris's migration away from FSX.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Not real sure that the site is legit.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    Well, The T6A goes back to 2006 and was Iris's first FSX compatible aircraft. It has since been replaced by the T-6B which is payware, and the T-6A is gone. Does this make it freeware?? I dont know.. Iris had a policy of making certain of their aircraft freeware for a period before removing them entirely, so it is quite possible that the T-6a was freeware and left as such once Iris's lost interest in carrying it further. The fact that none of the sites that carry it, are under litigation by Iris is also another good sign that it is indeed free..

You are very Right Pam

This link tells more of the story

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Texan-for-FREE

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Here is the link to download from Iris directly

Scratch that you will get a 404 on the download button on that page.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

SOH-CM-2020
    If the link I posted in #6 is not for the freeware one, could someone in Admin please remove it as I can't find away to go back and delete it.

Thanks.

Pete.

If I remember correctly, (IIRC) for you thumb-busters out there, I downloaded the IRIS T-6A from the IRIS freeware portion of their website (it no longer exists). Get it where you can get it from and enjoy.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Found the T6a on simviation, and installed it. I recognize it as the same T6a that was included in P3D v3 but not carried forward to V4. It works fairly well in v4 except for one issue that a number of maneuverable FSX aircraft have in P3d which is when in a vertical loop it tends to loose control when pointing straight up. This makes me want to pull out my old system that had v3 on it and see if I can move it over. A project for this weekend
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Blog Entries
    We had issues with the T-6B in P3d as well.. David blamed it on me and it contributed to my leaving Iris.. Not sure what it is about that plane..

I have both the T-6A and T-6B working in P3Dv3 and v4. Some slight modification of the panel.cfg file to swap out the 32 bit sound gauge with the updated 64 bit was all that was needed.

Pam, your FDE for T-6A is still one of the most accurate to POH I've ever seen. Don't know if you did the T-6B but it is very close too, although not so much at the high end of the power curve (pretty typical for an FSX FDE).

I'm glad to hear the T-6A is legit freeware. Panic over!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    I'm glad to hear the T-6A is legit freeware. Panic over!

Yep, I was a bit concerned there for a while.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    If the link I posted in #6 is not for the freeware one, could someone in Admin please remove it as I can't find away to go back and delete it.

Thanks.

Pete.
    Looks like we are ok as the IRIS T-6A is freeware. The link in number 6 will be left as it is. Thanks to all for the concern and communications to Moderators and Administrators.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 0